What's the most money that you've ever spent for just one single video game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I bought a PC Engine Duo just to play Rondo of Blood and nothing else. Between the cost of the game and the cost of the PC Engine Duo needed to play it, I spent nearly $500. It was worth it for this amazing game.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

I bought a copy of Chrono Trigger a little over year ago for 80-100 bucks or so. But counting collectors editions, its like 150 or something. I dont remember all the collectors editions ive bought.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Pretty sure Fallout: New Vegas. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition ($80) and bought all the DLC for full price which I think totaled at $46.

thookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thookie
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

Fallout 4. Got a used copy of it but its why I spent 300 for a Xbox One

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

All I can think of is Doom collectors edition which was $120.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've thought about getting a pc engine duo for rondo of blood. I just can't justify it because there is nothing else on the pc engine I want to play. I had a turbo grafx back in early 90's and I have no desire to return to it. I bought rondo from the Wii store instead.

Most I ever spent on a game was $150 for metal warriors on the snes about 10 years ago. I have 80 snes games most of which are high end. My biggest regret is not buying Aero Fighters Hagane when they were cheap.

All in all I have about 800 video games. Last time I checked my collection was worth around $11k.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Probably Street Fighter vs Xmen for the Sega Saturn. It was an import game that EB Games had and was around $85, plus I needed a 4meg ram cart that also had the ability to play import games which was around $40 or so. A lot more then I wanted to spend, but it was awesome and I still play it to this day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@jdc6305 said:

I've thought about getting a pc engine duo for rondo of blood. I just can't justify it because there is nothing else on the pc engine I want to play. I had a turbo grafx back in early 90's and I have no desire to return to it. I bought rondo from the Wii store instead.

I've tried to find a second game that I enjoy on the PC Engine Duo myself and thus far I still haven't been able to find anything. Besides Rondo of Blood, I really don't understand why some gamers hold this console in such high regard.

But Rondo of Blood is one of the greatest games of all time and nothing beats playing on original hardware, so I was able to justify the purchase to myself. I really wish that I could find a second game for it that I enjoy enough to add to my collection though.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:
@jdc6305 said:

I've tried to find a second game that I enjoy on the PC Engine Duo myself and thus far I still haven't been able to find anything. Besides Rondo of Blood, I really don't understand why some gamers hold this console in such high regard.

But Rondo of Blood is one of the greatest games of all time and nothing beats playing on original hardware, so I was able to justify the purchase to myself. I really wish that I could find a second game for it that I enjoy enough to add to my collection though.

Yeah the regular turbo had some ok games but there is a lack of cd games. Ninja Spirit and Bonk were probably the best games for the hu cards. Splatterhouse was a big deal because not many games back then had gore. But it hasn't stood the test of time. I had about 20 games for it most were just mediocre.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

probably something from EA, they tend to to offer "Gold Edition plus Season Pass" things that go for $120.00 or so

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

My 2016 pre-order for Dark Souls III: Prestige.

I have no regrets, the box for the Yhorm model is used to hold my PS4 games, and models themselves are sturdy and well crafted.

The only other collectors edition I bought was Sonic: Mania. Though I've yet to use the box or model in any meaningful way, still feel mislead that the model didn't come with batteries despite the pre-order stating batteries are included.

Currently have the Dragon's Crown: Hardened Edition on pre-order but that's not even close to the price of the DkSIII edition. As well as it's just a really nice case with some cards, and I am a fan of special cases.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I bought FO3 for £20 back when games decreased in price pretty quickly and then bought BoS expansion/dlc. So like £35 I guess.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Easily the Sims 3, and I don't even want to do the maths lol.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i've never been one for buying rare games or collector's editions but when i was a naive 12 year old i sold all my star wars figures for £60 so i could buy super star wars on the snes. they were all out of their packaging but i've seen what kind of prices they go for now (loose) and in total it'd be well over £1k. my mum went ape shit at me when she found out. over 20 years later and it still hurts to think about lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Probably somewhere between $150 to $200. I’ve purchased a few collector editions of games over the years as well as dlc so I’m sure there have been some that have added up to around that. I remember back when Street Fighter II came out for the SNES I paid $100 plus taxes for that game and when Chrono Trigger came out I paid something like $115 plus taxes for that game as well.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

I bought a PC Engine Duo just to play Rondo of Blood and nothing else. Between the cost of the game and the cost of the PC Engine Duo needed to play it, I spent nearly $500. It was worth it for this amazing game.

Around 1000$ on one game

Bought a collectors edition with a ½meter size statue

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts

Probably somewhere between $80 and $100, for those few games where I actually bought DLC. (Normally I either wait for a Game of the Year / Complete Edition that comes with all the DLC or I just don't bother buying it. But there have been a few games where I broke my rule.)