Whats are some of your most frustrating game experiences ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac9265b442af
deactivated-5ac9265b442af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ac9265b442af
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
Genesis was the really only frustrating system I ever encountered. It had some games that were just so annoyingly hard. I remember Sonic 2 I could never get past the flying level. I played for hours only to get pwnt every five seconds I entered the level. I ended up throwing the controller across the room and ever since then its rattled. It's also the only system that I actually picked up and threw across the room against the wall. It broke eventually but held up pretty well for years. More recently I was playing far cry 2 and was trying to beat it. It was the most frustrating grind ever. I was right near the end and I couldn't get to where I was going cause I kept getting freakin ran over by guys in the truck and the whole thing was just so annoying it wasn't fun anymore so I ejected the disc mid play and snapped it into peices. There goes 50 bucks. Finally, on n64 the race agaisnt wizpig on diddy kong racing had me throwing the game cartidge agaisnt the wall. it's similar to road rage. otherwise known as game rage. But nothing pissed me off more than my pool game I had for my cell phone. Here I am trying to sink a striped ball during class with an easy shot and the game glitches and I get a scratch. All I can say is nokias and brick walls don 't mix.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
You really smash high priced electronics? I would never in my life even consider doing that, it' such a waste... I'd say anything NG2, that game makes me want to kick the devs in the face, the boss fights have no discernible attack patterns, openings or strategy. You just go in with swords flying hoping not to get hit and using health potions until the boss is dead, it's a travesty to proper game design, not to mention some enemies (I'm looking at you ninja dogs....) are so incredibly cheap even on the easiest settings it again makes you want to kick the devs in the face. Another frustrating game experience was trying to get Diablo 2 working on my GF's Mac, that took a lot of time and it made me very mad.
digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 digi_matrix
Member since 2004 • 6600 Posts

GTA 4, all 50 hours of it.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Spore space stage; before the patch your planet kept getting attacked every minute making it impossible to expand unless you want to lose more than you gain.

Losing arena in WoW in 2v2 when you're one game away from the rating you want and you end up fighting Rogue/Mage....damn....

A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

FIFA 08.

It was insane.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Adjusting to the lag factor in Soul Calibur 4's matchmaking.

It took me a good 20 matches to get used to it, and my piss was boiling due to the fact that every single loss came from a spamming noob.

Jamie-Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jamie-Quest
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

Beating Star Tropics left me with grey hair.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
The first boss in Ninja Gaiden (Xbox). The next two bosses were pretty simple, but that first one prevented me from playing more than the first stage for a long time.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

on a classic console i go with goldeneye perfect dark these 2 games are still frustrating today, that last level on any difficulty will test your brain youll sit there for days without a strategy guide even with one itll take a hour or two to get the golden gun out of that casing and i still havent beat all perfect agent missions of perfect dark 1

lol and got the cheats

im seconding that gta iv , ,

it got so boring the single player game was poorly done , i went strieght to multiplayer and thats all ive done since beating that uber excuse of a campaigne /mission ,

same w/lost and damned it was to small , like 14 missions

and bam finished with it

all they made you do is kill this person kill that person , drive there drive here,

it got so boring i just completely stopped after doing the jumps i didnt even get the 200 pigeons or crows lol ,

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

The annoying save system of the Ghostbusters game. I still don't know how to save, but when I died, it seemed to do so. Soon after that, I was playing the game when the electricity went off and I lost all my data...for the second time!

Though on a more "difficulty" scale, Mirror's Edge, Seth in SFIV and a large portion of the Megadrive games have driven me mad. All in good fun, though.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

The final boss in Prototype.

Also, Cervantes and his super jump attack in Soul Edge for the Playstation. God, I ended up punching my little brother in the face a dozen times because he would do it over and over again.

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#12 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Bully: Scholarship Edition for Wii, the boxing challenges didn't work out too well for the Wiimote. So, I bought the Xbox 360 version instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac9265b442af
deactivated-5ac9265b442af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ac9265b442af
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

The final boss in Prototype.

Also, Cervantes and his super jump attack in Soul Edge for the Playstation. God, I ended up punching my little brother in the face a dozen times because he would do it over and over again.

heysharpshooter
\ HAHAHA
keeno3803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 keeno3803
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The Boss on extreme on metalgear solid 3. o0. Fat Man On metal Gear 2 on extreme :(
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

The arch fiend boss battle in Ninja Gaiden 2.. :D

qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts

GTA 4, all 50 hours of it.

digi_matrix
That was the best written review of any game, ever.
N4smiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N4smiley
Valkyria Chronicles chapter 10, second battle. I'd been trying and failing this battle every week or so until I just gave up. A month later, I pick it up again to see if I could get any further. I DID get further until I saved JUST as my last Scout got cornered by 2 lancers that just owned her every time I reloaded the save. Needless to say, I raged.
m1i6a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m1i6a
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Mario Kart wii :P

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Probably trying to beat Super Smash Bros Brawl's Boss Battles mode on Intense difficulty. Still haven't beaten it yet. Wait, no. Trying to get into an online match in The Conduit. I ended up throwing the disc away I was so disgusted.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 xMP44x
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

When I managed to glitch a spawn in a mission on Veteran in CoD4. It wasn't even possible to complete, due to the fact I had about three seconds to live. I had to restart the mission to complete it.

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

In Ocarina of Time I was forced to befriend that social reject Darunia by playing him a song. Only to realize that the song I needed was back at the beginning of the game in the lost woods in a labyrinth of tunnels. After conquering that labyrinth I find a new section of the woods with a new maze where I find Saria at the end of the road completely oblivious to the fact that I just kicked ass and took the names of an entire generation of Deku Scrubs. I learn the song and then I backtrack through a field, climb a freakin mountain, and play the ass clown Darunia that song I had to give my left nut for. Only to realize I get a piece of jewelry that allows me to pick up bombs, and that the only way I'm going to receive the next Spiritual Stone is by kicking some dinosaur's ass and saving his people. As a seven year old I found this incredibly frustrating since I could have just stabbed the guy in the nuts taken the bracelet kicked Dodongo butt and I'd be a hero. But no.

Don't get me started on that domineering whore Ruto.

Nemesis4747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nemesis4747
Member since 2004 • 1104 Posts

ninja gaiden 1 and 2, and from the golden olden days Super Mario Kart, sometimes those games dove me to tears

Avatar image for imthemostwanted
imthemostwanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 imthemostwanted
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
the big huge boss dude in the second level of superman returns. couldnt even beat the second level. but thats probly just cause i sucked at a sucky game. put me off almost all superhero games since (except for inFamous and Batman Arkham Asylum)
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

Mirror's Edge kept me picking the controller back up, but anything with Contra in the neme still haunts me to this day... except for the spread gun. That thing pwned.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine would constantly make me frustrated. But I did eventually get past the hard parts and I've come to love SMS. :3

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Sonic Games

Underwater levels

Timers (Ugh, puke)

Those are some.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#28 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine would constantly make me frustrated. But I did eventually get past the hard parts and I've come to love SMS. :3

Crazyguy105

Same with me. I absolutely loved it (and still do).

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="Soapweed"]

In Ocarina of Time I was forced to befriend that social reject Darunia by playing him a song. Only to realize that the song I needed was back at the beginning of the game in the lost woods in a labyrinth of tunnels. After conquering that labyrinth I find a new section of the woods with a new maze where I find Saria at the end of the road completely oblivious to the fact that I just kicked ass and took the names of an entire generation of Deku Scrubs. I learn the song and then I backtrack through a field, climb a freakin mountain, and play the ass clown Darunia that song I had to give my left nut for. Only to realize I get a piece of jewelry that allows me to pick up bombs, and that the only way I'm going to receive the next Spiritual Stone is by kicking some dinosaur's ass and saving his people. As a seven year old I found this incredibly frustrating since I could have just stabbed the guy in the nuts taken the bracelet kicked Dodongo butt and I'd be a hero. But no.

Don't get me started on that domineering whore Ruto.

Hah! That was great! I honestly hadn't thought it it that way. Ruto did piss me off in Jabu Jabu, though. No question about it.
tj_odee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tj_odee
Member since 2008 • 210 Posts

super mario strikers charged on wii.... I can't beat diddy kong. I STILL CANT BEAT HIM!

Radak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Radak
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest difficulty on the xbox, went through 5 controllers ... *glares* but it was fun and defiantly rewarding at the end of it

The_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_89
Member since 2009 • 594 Posts
I remember there was a tough part towards the end of Mirrors Edge, that really bugged me. I hate moments like that in games, but the reward is worth it I think
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

Homecoming. Scarlet. Those in the know will feel my pain. We did eventually beat her, but she drained every will we had for continuing the game.

Azure_Valkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Azure_Valkyrie
Member since 2009 • 1154 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 on Mentor (I haven't even finished it yet).
Hawkely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hawkely
My worst had to be a 6cd install for a pc game and it freezing in the last 10 % of the last disk. It had taken hours to get that far. *sigh*
macatmower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 macatmower
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

waiting around 45 minutes to find a game in gears 2... finally get into a match and BAM, RROD.

Master_Oranda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Master_Oranda
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

Only two games that actually pissed me off were The Conduit and Fallout 3. Playing Uncharted on 'Crushing' mode was a pain in the a** too.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts
devil may cry 3 (orig release) is very frustrating to me i just couldnlt beat it. i was only on level 3!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Mmmm probabaly dying over 100 times on Whesker (not final whesker) in re5 on the hardest setting, 90% of the time at the start of the battle, shiva would just get shot and die or run into whesker and die or get stuck in a wall and die or just die.....

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

hevenly sword final boss i cant beat him:x

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Lion King on the SNES/Genesis. The first level is great, and like every other quality platformer on the platforms of the time. Then every subsequent level gets harder and harder to the point where you just want to pull your hair out after its expecting perfection on the littlest of jumps. Even on "Easy" difficulty, with 9 lives and 3 continues, there are points (if you don't know what you're doing), you'll go through 7 or 8 lives at one part in a level.

Its as if they designed the game to smack you around, trying to piss you off (especially with the falling rocks in "Simba's Exile" that seek in on you). Though... its still a great game and very fun. I started playing the GEN version tonight and got to the "Hakuna Matata" level in a little over an hour. But the big gorilla got the best of me.

Avatar image for camegacollector
camegacollector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 camegacollector
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

playing the first Alundra.... I was playing Alundra 2 on Ps1 and I really liked it so I went looking for the first Alundra. Well I got on the boat and I couldn't figure out what to do next. I had no idea. Still don't. If I take the game out again I'm going to look for a walkthrough so I can get past it and get somewhere.

not sure if anyone is old enough to remember Downland..I got the game in grade 1. It's the first one I had ever completed. It took forever. I played it so many times and never got anywhere. When I finally beat it I was so happy..even at 6 yrs old.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

Final fantasy XII was hard, long and boring, just couldn't finish it.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

playing the first Alundra.... I was playing Alundra 2 on Ps1 and I really liked it so I went looking for the first Alundra. Well I got on the boat and I couldn't figure out what to do next. I had no idea. Still don't. If I take the game out again I'm going to look for a walkthrough so I can get past it and get somewhere.

not sure if anyone is old enough to remember Downland..I got the game in grade 1. It's the first one I had ever completed. It took forever. I played it so many times and never got anywhere. When I finally beat it I was so happy..even at 6 yrs old.

camegacollector
You mean the boat intro? Are you foreal? oO_Oo Just talk to the captain in his hut, talk to him again after he moved to another hut, then sleep in your bed (which is all explained in dialogue by the way) and a cutscene will play.