What would be a great plot/scenario for the next Total War franchise???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for angry_roman1011
angry_roman1011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 angry_roman1011
Member since 2010 • 600 Posts
Sure The Creative Assembly have been feeding us with simply astounding games like Rome Total War,Empire,Medieval and the recent Napoleon...Will there be a sequel featuring wars in the present time? I would love to see the Al Qaeda faction battle it out with U.S. Marines in an Iraqi desert. :P that would be cool
Bedizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bedizen
Member since 2009 • 2576 Posts

Just fix the AI

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
It would certainly not be set in today's time or the last century. Today's warfare is not fought in battles in huge fields anymore, not at least in the tens of thousands.
trenno2529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trenno2529
Member since 2007 • 3396 Posts

the gameplay wouldn't suit any type of warfare more recent than the 19th century.

it's hard to pick. they've done pretty much everything. maybe some fantasy?

PerilousWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 PerilousWolf
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

Rome II or Shogun II

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

the gameplay wouldn't suit any type of warfare more recent than the 19th century.

it's hard to pick. they've done pretty much everything. maybe some fantasy?

trenno2529
Fantasy would be cool! =]
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Rome II or Shogun II

PerilousWolf
Yes! Rome 2 please!
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Ancient China? Three Kingdom era? Just throwing ideas out there.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts
Ancient China? Three Kingdom era? Just throwing ideas out there.hiphops_savior
ooh yeah that would be cool. or maybe the mongels (they were sorta covered in barbarian invasion but i reckon they could do more). or maybe prehistoric total war....set 65,000,000 years ago. unit variety could be a problem though :P. as for more fantasy or sci-fi.......im a big fan of the idea of pikmin total war. garden warfare on a grand scale. of course ninty would need to agree to allow pikmin on the PC and thats..well....highly unlikely. there could also be something like the 12 colonies: total war. a game that covers the first cylon war. another crazy idea....termite total war. you wage war on other creatures to keep you termite mound going. you could also play as different kinds of of ants and other insects that field armies.
amigo767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 amigo767
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

I think ancient times in india and central asia. There would be Indian armies, Persian armies, Central Asian armies, middle eastern armies, and maybe they can throw some chinese armies in there, although the himilayas prevented a decent amount of contact between china and india/middle east. I personally think a total war taking place in china would be boring, as there isn't as much variety. And there would be no elephants lol.

ariclokar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ariclokar
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts

Another shogun would be fantastic that would be what I want. Rome a very close second. If they wanted to make a huge break from convention then fantasy total war, or if they needed a big IP name for something like that LOTR total war, or maybe a less known IP, Wheel of Time total war, or the any number of fantasy books with large scale battle/war periods.

sogni_belli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sogni_belli
Member since 2010 • 950 Posts

I think the Holy Crusades would work well for the Total War franchise, based on the type of combat and troops involved in those conflicts. It would be fun to play as either Saladin or King Richard. Siege of Acre. Battle for Jerusalem. Attacking/defending towns along the pilgrimage route. Acquiring holy relics, learning mathematics, or discovering new spices, all of which could lead to new troop types or combat advantages. Let's face it; the bloodiest wars in history have always been about faith. With God on our side, who can stand against us?

anna tatangelo

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mechberg
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

Conan vs. Jay Leno

sogni_belli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sogni_belli

Conan vs. Jay Leno

BrianEk

Coco's legions of masturbating bears would crush little Leno's pitiful armies every time. Plus, Conan has Mr. T on his side.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0

I think the Holy Crusades would work well for the Total War franchise, based on the type of combat and troops involved in those conflicts. It would be fun to play as either Saladin or King Richard. Siege of Acre. Battle for Jerusalem. Attacking/defending towns along the pilgrimage route. Acquiring holy relics, learning mathematics, or discovering new spices, all of which could lead to new troop types or combat advantages. Let's face it; the bloodiest wars in history have always been about faith. With God on our side, who can stand against us?

sogni_belli

i think medieval 1 and 2 have covered the crusades.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

Medieval 3 Shogun 2 China wars ?? Rome 2 and something new like God of war total war Oblivon Total war or LOTR total war 2 Dragon Age total War and screw rifles rifles suck i hate empire and Napoleon

sogni_belli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sogni_belli

osan0

My mistake. I've only played Rome and Shogun. I took a pass on Medieval because I saw Vikings on the cover and thought it only involved England. I didn't want another castle game, since I was already playing Stronghold. I might have go pick up Medieval then. Were they as good as Rome?

anna tatangelo

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osan0

[QUOTE="osan0"]

sogni_belli

My mistake. I've only played Rome and Shogun. I took a pass on Medieval because I saw Vikings on the cover and thought it only involved England. I didn't want another castle game, since I was already playing Stronghold. I might have go pick up Medieval then. Were they as good as Rome?

id go for medieval 2 and leave one alone. there is an expansion pack for med2 called viking invasion (or is that med1...i cant remember :P) which is probably where you saw the viking pics and that focused on britain mostly. but MEd2 itself is a big sucker that covers an area a bit bigger than the rome map. are they as good as rome? oooohh thas a tough question. imho no...but at the same time there brilliant games and should till be played.

sogni_belli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sogni_belli

are they as good as rome? oooohh thas a tough question. imho no...but at the same time there brilliant games and should till be played.

osan0

Thanks! I'll give Med2 a try. I realize that Rome came out after Med1&2, so I'm not really expecting the awesomeness of Rome.
In boca al lupo!!! - as they say in Rome

anna tatangelo

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
I belive a LOTR TW would be pretty cool, but i think the next best thing would be a WW1 TW.
gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

I belive a LOTR TW would be pretty cool, but i think the next best thing would be a WW1 TW. Iantheone

2 words EPIC FAIL on WW1 they should stick with sword and arrows rather than those lame ass Empire and Napoleon games

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

anna tatangelo

sogni_belli

That would be a pretty controversial game, even today.

DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

startrek total war or madmax total war

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="osan0"]

are they as good as rome? oooohh thas a tough question. imho no...but at the same time there brilliant games and should till be played.

sogni_belli

Thanks! I'll give Med2 a try. I realize that Rome came out after Med1&2, so I'm not really expecting the awesomeness of Rome.
In boca al lupo!!! - as they say in Rome

anna tatangelo

Medieval 2 came out after Rome.