what to do if you lose to a boss

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 c-d4wg
Member since 2007 • 340 Posts

Now there are many ways to de-stress after losing to a boss battle a few hundred or so times but what do you think is the best way to handle it??

a few ofmy favourite ones are:

• putting the controller through the screen.
  • screaming as loud as you can
  • yelling at the consol
  • bashing the daylights out of the controller (be aware this stuffed up my ps2 controller's vibration thingies)
  • throwing the game out a window or in the bin
  • or sometimes i post on the game site's forums haha

These are a FEW of my favourite ways but i would also like new ways to handle this sudden surge of excitement.
please post your usual routine :D

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts

Well, I don't lose to bosses cause I'm just that good :D

But if I did, I would just play burnout revenge and wreck some cars, or play metal slug and blow crap up!

And if that doesn't work, I beat the controller against my forehead . . . . . . . what? It's normal, right?

Rifkin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rifkin-
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts

The only time I ever got angry at a game was when I was trying to beat the final event match in Super Smash Brothers: Melee, and the only reason it angered me was because when you lose it yells at you "FAILURE!"... After losing about 50 times I go so pissed I literally bit my controller.

But the fact that, that event was so damn hard, gave me even more satisfaction when i won with jigglypuff.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

But the fact that, that event was so damn hard, gave me even more satisfaction when i won with jigglypuff.

Rifkin-

Same here... Jigglypuff is only way to go for that match. 8)

Rifkin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rifkin-
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="Rifkin-"]

Funkyhamster

Same here... Jigglypuff is only way to go for that match. 8)

Yea, I later beat it with Marth, and I truly felt a sense of accomplishment.

TheGamerUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheGamerUser
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts

ohh! ohh!! pick me!!! *raising hand*

Usually just yell and shut the darn thing off, but there was one time I went..overboard.

After a HUGE amount of failed attempts, its yelling or saying random things out loud. But, one time on Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, I was going against a match that would reward me w/ a new sports car.....*memory effect*

Nice, summer vacation, :) I popped in my Midnight Club 3 disk into the PS2, and continued my races and progress. Mastering the motorbikes was hard stuff, you can fly off with a easy hit. Joined the race, and zoomed away. The reward would be huge...but, it wouldnt be easy. MC3 was one of the most difficult games ive played. Hmm, lost that match, restart. Darn it..restart.....nope, im too far back, restart early. Geez, restart. Ok, this is stupid...restart. Oh, and so close, restart. Even closer, but no win!Ok......a...again..........restart. ARRRAGGGGGHHHh!!!!! *kicks the PS2* Ohh, geeze, I best be careful, its my bro's PS2. Hmm, nodamage. Wait a sec,whys the game gettingchoppy?! Nooo!!! *Restarts Ps2, fails to load MC3*

Result:Didnt say it before, but MC3 was a RENTAL FROM BLOCKBUSTER!!

*Damaged CD, -$50

*PS2 fine, brother is angry though

*Learned that consoles arent as durable as they are bulky.

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
I've promised myself not to throw controllers anymore after breaking two 360 controllers... one was for SKATE (I swear, that game can be frustrating) and one on something I can't remember.
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

deactivating the bombs in the tunnels on Dead Rising... seriously... a tunnel full of zombies (and when i say full, i mean FULL) and a crazy guy driving a van to kill you...i almost made my controller sing "i believe i can fly.. i believe in can touch the skyyy.. i believe i can get into the freakin trash can..."

Almost made me cry.... but i ended up beating that part..

oh and any race of F-Zero GX on maximum dificulty setting makes me want to eat the console...

Cpt-Macmillian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cpt-Macmillian
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Gawd, I remember Black. I almost smashed mt PS2 into bits with my boots. Almost stomped it to death. It's so hard. I hated the asylum on (Black Ops?) difficulty. Impossible. Anyway.. I did break my controller. Put it through the window. I did it so many times to others, I only have one controller that works now.
Deflight289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deflight289
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts

Once when I was about 5 playing Cruisin' USA I couldn't beat this part and I cried.

Moving on, I can get REALLY frustrated trying to beat these milestones on Blacklist 6 on NFS: Most Wanted. I still haven't beat them 'til this day.

And I remember I got so frustrated I broke the PS2 controller in half. :P

jrtan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 jrtan
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
Throwing up if you lose or something proves that you are either retarded or a sore loser. If I lost to a boss, I just retry until I win. Lol
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 c-d4wg
yes haha black can be rather difficult :cry: but most of all wen i went hardcore psycho was when i got up to vsin razor in nfs mw after like THE HARDEST milestone, i didnt see the auto save sign, turned off the ps2....*turns back on* goes to select profile part* ( this is with friends behind me as i was showing off ;)) *CORRUPT DATA- UNABLE TO LOAD* "OMFG WTF HAPPENED * smash controller on ground like a hammer* noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" haha that sucks :cry: it takes about a day- 2 days to do a boss once you get down to number 5 and under -.- but i have prevailed with 100% carer completion after 2 weeks :P
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 c-d4wg
I have also decided NEVER to play ANY TEKKEN game again :D
dragoon133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dragoon133
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts

I have also decided NEVER to play ANY TEKKEN game again :Dc-d4wg

Well that's actually where my one comes from...Heihachi in the original Tekken. I was playing on the hardest difficulty (and was all of about 10 at the time) and had lost sooooooooo many times. Eventually I, after one particularly close loss, yanked at the controller really hard. The thing is that the controller didn't just come out of the console like you'd think it would. Instead the whole console fell off the stand, but it didn't end there. The AV cables were twisted around all the other cables behind the TV, meaning there wasn't a whole lot of slack in them. End result, I managed to snap the video plug. The part that actually plugs into the TV was stuck in there and wow, it was hard to get out.

That's definitely the worst but. Usually I just yell and swear a lot.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Recently ive been yelling and swearing a lot at Rock Band and trying to beat Metallicas "Blackened" on expert difficulty. ITs harder than you would think :) *twitch*
ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 ryanstoy91
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

Throwing up if you lose or something proves that you are either retarded or a sore loser. If I lost to a boss, I just retry until I win. Loljrtan

That's easier said than done in my opinion.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
I just start fighting him again and again and again.
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 c-d4wg
so yes haha, new years res: NO ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES like tekken or soul calibur:P
ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#19 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts

[QUOTE="jrtan"]Throwing up if you lose or something proves that you are either retarded or a sore loser. If I lost to a boss, I just retry until I win. Lolryanstoy91

That's easier said than done in my opinion.

Agreed. Often I'll just walk away. Usually I'll make it back another day to try again. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks. Sometimes a year. Depends how futile the process felt when the last time I played. One time I even sold the game and never looked back. No thrown controllers though. I can't afford to be breaking things due to a bad temper.
RealDuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 RealDuffi
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

I have an unfortunate ritual of swearing and making provocative signs with my hands.

Really, it's quite stupid since it's just a game, but whenever I'm like a hit or two away from winning, and the boss decides to use his final move and I die, it get's ugly.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

Get annoyed, frustrated, punch things, shout, break keyboard in half, break mouse etc etc.

Any or all of the above. :P :D

Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts
I usually just shout and scream like a drunken sailor. Occasionally things get thrown. But I like it that way. To get so emotionally attached to gaming is what makes it awesome. You do get the negative side when something incredibly frustrating keeps happening, but when you finally defeat that boss or get past that difficult level, you get a feeling of satisfaction that you just don't get nearly anywhere else. :)
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

I get frustrated during really tough boss fights, but I've never broken a controller or anything else in the process. I once yelled at my cousin when he started to talk during a tough boss fight in Ocarina of Time, even though he was just trying to give a suggestion.

I felt bad about that, and have wisened up since then. Nowadays, I tend to just stay away from games that are difficult. Any feelings of satisfaction I get from beating a tough boss isn't worth the frustration I feel having lost to him ten times prior.

c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 c-d4wg
yes haha i must cut down on the braking and focus more on the verbal because it doesn't cost money :P
frozenthino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frozenthino
Member since 2005 • 9741 Posts
save before the boss
Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts
If i loose to a boss i dont give up till i kick there a** HEHE .
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 c-d4wg
yes haha if i lose to a boss the first time, I won't get any better haha, then its the beggining of nonstop hardcore controller bashing :P
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
I usually just shout and swear a lot. But if you REALLY want a tip, here's one:

CALM DOWN DUDE, caaaaalm dooooown, I know it's hard, but you can do it... Good, now, take the disc outta' the console, put it in the box... NO! DON'T DESTROY IT!!! IT'S A FRIEND!!! ...good... Now.. Close the tray and shut down the console. Do all this without saying a word, and breathe slowly. After all this, go out, get some fresh air, head for the nearest place you can buy energy from, and buy a good energy drink. Then sit down somewhere and drink it and enjoy it. And then try the part of the game again after a day or two, oooor, if you got pissed BADLY, then wait as long as necessary. BELIEVE ME. IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

And so, nothing got broken, and you're happy again. :)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Grunt or sigh and dig in for another run at it.
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 c-d4wg
but whats the fun in not doing anything :cry:
Avatar image for VeilTheOucast94
VeilTheOucast94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VeilTheOucast94
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Now there are many ways to de-stress after losing to a boss battle a few hundred or so times but what do you think is the best way to handle it??

putting the controller through the screen.screaming as loud as you canyelling at the consolbashing the daylights out of the controller (be aware this stuffed up my ps2 controller's vibration thingies)throwing the game out a window or in the binor sometimes i post on the game site's forums haha

These are a FEW of my favourite ways but i would also like new ways to handle this sudden surge of excitement.

c-d4wg
if your a five year old with with constant temper tantrums yea lol
Avatar image for VeilTheOucast94
VeilTheOucast94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VeilTheOucast94
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

putting the controller through the screen.screaming as loud as you canyelling at the consolbashing the daylights out of the controller (be aware this stuffed up my ps2 controller's vibration thingies)throwing the game out a window or in the binor sometimes i post on the game site's forums haha

c-d4wg
if your a five year old with with constant temper tantrums yea lol
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 c-d4wg
yeh well what if you had an awesome game and couldn't get past 1/4 of it ON EASY -.-, people don't take AWESOME games back haha.
Avatar image for Liu_Sya_Xuan_De
Liu_Sya_Xuan_De

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Liu_Sya_Xuan_De
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts

I'll...Yell as loud as I can, then try again..I mean continue playing.

jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
Either practice, or try three to five more times. If I still lose, well, there are still many other games to complete.
Kouchouni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kouchouni
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
Haha i sulk turn off the console and try again later or another day after looking at hints on the net or asking someone for help, if that doesn't work and i find the boss impossible i go off and train.
forbeck2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 forbeck2005
I usually try to cut a deal with the devil. He is pretty good at making things happen.
carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
the worst thing my frustration has driven me to was when i just could not beat one boss in final fantasy 8...and after the x time i lost i just took the disc out...got my keys and started scratching the back of the disc...it was mad...i laugh about it now
c-d4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 c-d4wg
SWEET but i would rather not wreck my keys haha :)
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts
Man if my boss beat me at a game I would never forgive myself.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
i just go try again. sooner or later you beat um no matter how hard they are.
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
I sit on my bed while I play games, so usually I'll just throw the controller into the mattress and watch it bounce. Recently the springs have been taking some abuse from drum sticks which I occasionally pound into the bed after failing a song on rock band.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Try again over and over,and if I still don't beat it,I'll take a break for a few hours or a day or two,and then try again.
mcfuzzy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mcfuzzy20
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
Gawd, the Riku fight in KH 1 ticked me off. I asked my 9-year old brother if he could help, and he did it in one shot. My mouth hit the floor. And when he left, I came so close to smashing my PS2.
fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts
I tell my brother to get the heck out of the room cus he's always like "FAIL!!"
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
I do it again and again and again and again until I win. They can beat me all the hell they want, I only have to win once.
IGINOI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IGINOI

i just keep trying until i beat him

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

I do it again and again and again and again until I win. They can beat me all the hell they want, I only have to win once.Food_Nipple

Of course, some games just aren't fair at all. Some RPGs throw multiple bosses at you between save points. Fighters can have you go through hell more than once to finish a match. For example, in the case of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, you might have to fight Gill six times without losing more than one round (curse you and your resurrection skill!!!)

AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AlmostUndead
Member since 2006 • 1673 Posts
Its actually losing the grunts that piss me off. If I have reload over and over and over again because of some stupid grunt with a rocket launcher or some stupid weapon with perfect aiming, then I get PISSED! Eventually the turns out easy and the hard part was the grunts.