What is the worst AI that you have experienced?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -
For me, it's Star Wars: Battlefront 2. I love the game, but if your enemies aren't shooting dead bodies, they're standing there as you kill them. I also hate it when one of my allies runs right into my grenade and I get penalized
#2 Posted by Iceman8012 (827 posts) -
Yeah I hated them too
#3 Posted by johan1986 (4764 posts) -
hours of victory so horrible
#4 Posted by Jade_Monkey (4830 posts) -
Lately I have to say Turning Point Fall of Liberty. You can walk right up to them on Hard and shotgun them in the face.
#5 Posted by postbodetje (894 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 4

#6 Posted by GTR2addict (11863 posts) -

dom in gears of war... so dumb...

but enemy ai, turning point...

#7 Posted by Pessu (944 posts) -
In a recent game I'd say Mass Effect.
#8 Posted by Driv5r (486 posts) -

Fifa games..Bloody rock God

#9 Posted by Silent-Hal (9795 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 4

postbodetje

Doesn't exist...

#10 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -
Blacksite.
#11 Posted by JReefer1 (898 posts) -
Madden football games.
#12 Posted by K1LLR3175 (12734 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 4

postbodetje
That made me laugh so hard lol.I would have to say your team mates in the game undertow.
#13 Posted by ASK_Story (11455 posts) -

hours of victory so horriblejohan1986

You actually played that? :|

Anyway, my worst AI experience was Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the DS.

#14 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -
As much as I loved Persona 3, the characters you can't control in battle are among the worst I've ever seen. Dumb as dirt. Don't expect Mitsuru to heal you when she can spam Marin Karin. :P
#15 Posted by EnigManic (1804 posts) -

Dead Rising - survivors

GTA4 - NPCs in general

#16 Posted by Ash2X (3012 posts) -

I´ve played so many games that I can´t decide.Kane & Lynch and Pariah (who was switching between totally stupid and insane) are pretty high on my list.As much as I liked 360´s GRAW (IMO still one of the best current-gen games),sometimes the AI of your comrades could end up in a Pad-throw against the wall.I donßt eed to mention Bullet Witch,do I?

#17 Posted by Lord_Ifrit (94 posts) -
[QUOTE="postbodetje"]

Kingdom Hearts 4

Silent-Hal

Doesn't exist...

lolerskates!

GTA. think about it, you shoot guys and they dont even flinch or get out of the way for the next one....

#18 Posted by POJO_MOFO (5525 posts) -
Blacksite.Legendaryscmt
OMG this!!! Ridiculous. Dudes would just start running into wall over and over.
#19 Posted by fiscope (2426 posts) -

The original Half-Life 2. Man, it seems like every enemy except for the Striders were pants-on-head retarded....

The Combine soldiers wouldn't even move while shooting you, they would just walk into the open, stand there and fire at you....

The Hunters in Ep2 were extremely good, though. They could navigate very complicated spaces, and could dodge and hide from you, and even ambush you. Now, hopefully Ep3 will feature outstanding soldier Ai...

#20 Posted by onuruca (2881 posts) -

worst friendly AI lately: r6v2

worst enemy AI lately: Gta 4.

#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (96996 posts) -
Oblivion. Following a set schedule isn't "smart" and running at the player constantly until they kill you isn't "smart" either.
#22 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -

any Dynasty Warriors game.

also the enemy and ally AI in Phantasy Star Universe. ahhhh so annoying when youre fighting a bunch of monsters and they just stand there and look at you while you're taking a beating.

#23 Posted by Kage1 (6795 posts) -
Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Ultimate MK3 for the Snes, Soviet Strike on the PS1
#24 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. They shout at nothing, shout "Grenade, grenade" when no one is throwing a grenade, and fire at the wall, which, as far as I'm concerned, is not an enemy. :?
Avatar image for nintendo_fan135
#25 Posted by nintendo_fan135 (409 posts) -

Two games: Haze and FBI Hostage Rescue.

Haze has enemies that jump from grenades but stay within the blast radius therefore killing them anyways.

FBI Hostage Rescue. Simply said, hostages that won't follow you and walk in the opposite direction and get stuck on walls plus a case where you could walk around your enemies and they would still shoot at where you were originally. This is a pure definition of bad AI.

#26 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3957 posts) -
classic RTS games like original C&C and Red Alert had frustrating AI when it came down to units getting stuck, or watching your harvesters go right into an enemy base and get annihilated... (actually this even happened in C&C 3 far far too much)
#27 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -

For me, it's Star Wars: Battlefront 2. I love the game, but if your enemies aren't shooting dead bodies, they're standing there as you kill them. I also hate it when one of my allies runs right into my grenade and I get penalizedjim_shorts

Gotta be the AI in Halo 3 for me!

#28 Posted by HummaKavula (850 posts) -
Battlefield: Bad Company's AI is atrocious.
#29 Posted by TristanShand (1400 posts) -

Oblivion AI is not bad. Yes they follow a routine but, say you punch a random fighters guild member in the face who was on the way to the tavern. He would chase you across the town until you either give it the slip or he just gives up. That fighters guild member will now be able to make his way back to the taven, even though he is half a mile out in the wilderness. That is good path-finding AI and an ability to adapt. There are other games more deserving of 'Worst AI that you experienced i'm sure.

RTS games like command & conquer and Supreme Commander have dump A.I. Now those are games that follow a set routine and never bother to adapt.

If you want as example. The computer A.I in Supreme Commander set on the highest difficulty level. It will decide to attack your Mass Refinery with air unites relentlessly. So you build anti air a little way out in the direction the aircraft are coming from. The Computer will just sent it's air units to their doom without any acknowledgement of the AA guns you built, all the way through the entire level.

My vote will go to Bullet Witch. I actually enjoyed that game but admittedly, everything is just set to 'stand & gun' or 'walk forwards' There isn't a single enemy who will make any attempt to persue you. I did love the funky spells and the destructive enviorments mind, and the graphics were pretty sweet. I'll take a sequel to Bullet Witch over another Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden anyday. Bayonetta is the answer to that mind.

#30 Posted by RK-Mara (11489 posts) -
I can't say Big Rigs because it doesn't have AI.
#31 Posted by Kazona (1377 posts) -
My vote goes to GRAW. Being able to order your squad around however you want is cool, but seemd to me that the only way to make sure they didn't get themselves killed was to constantly babysit them. I mean, the AI should at the very least be smart enough to actually stand behind cover when taking fire, instead of next to it. And the pathfinding... ugh. All-in-all the problems with the AI was enough for me to quit the game and I haven't played it since.
#32 Posted by Ash2X (3012 posts) -

My vote goes to GRAW. Being able to order your squad around however you want is cool, but seemd to me that the only way to make sure they didn't get themselves killed was to constantly babysit them. I mean, the AI should at the very least be smart enough to actually stand behind cover when taking fire, instead of next to it. And the pathfinding... ugh. All-in-all the problems with the AI was enough for me to quit the game and I haven't played it since.Kazona

Yeah,I got that too.But at last it was only on some places.Just play a bit further.After some frustrating points it´s worth the time you spend on it.Promise.

#33 Posted by 11Marcel (7241 posts) -

Lately: Call of duty 4. The enemies are a challenge on hard difficulty, but that's only because they all have perfect aim, know where you are at all times, and ignore your allies. For the rest there wasn't much to it.

For the rest, Shadowrun's AI wasn't too great either, but you notice more because you follow them when you're dead.

#34 Posted by argotto (114 posts) -

Samurai Warriors 2 is fun, but wow. Sometimes I get frustrated at how moronic the enemy troops are, they are plain stupid. Don't even get me started on allied troops, they just stand there half the time looking at the enemy while getting smacked in the face.

Again, I enjoy playing that game with friends.. but the AI make it feel so unepic.

#35 Posted by IImugenII (52 posts) -
hours of victory so horriblejohan1986
Darn, you beat me to it!
#36 Posted by Cube_of_MooN (9286 posts) -
Probably those enemies I faced in the Hour of Victory demo I downloaded. Wow.
#37 Posted by Uvavooh (174 posts) -

Halo 1 when a jackal was walking back and forth on guard duty. I threw a grenade at it, the grenade missed and landed right next to it. The jackal continued to walk back and forth and just looked at it. Then got blown up and killed. The jackals generally seemed to have no fear of grenades. Many of them seemed content with trying to shield themselves from the blast with thier shields.

And on Halo 2, when the Marines drive a vehicle for you, and get you killed by more or less driving straight into the enemy. Or sometimes they like to treat you to a crash. Sometimes they run you over as well. Very good.

Grand Theft Auto, where the police are unable to climb over a wall, or run round it. So they resort to shooting you.

#38 Posted by HellsAngel2c (5540 posts) -
gta4 is ust horrible- the npc's have an obsession with running in front of your shot gun whenever you pull the trigger. Not cool.
#39 Posted by N0d0 (258 posts) -
As much as I love Daggerfall, the AI is pretty horrible. All they do is walk at you, and usually they'll even continue to walk into you a few seconds before attacking. They can do some pretty stupid things because of this, including walking straight into a pit or getting stuck in doors.
#40 Posted by DerekLoffin (9052 posts) -

C&C: Renegade.

Tanks just sit there and let you slowly chip away at them with your infinite ammo basic weapon. Very sad.

#41 Posted by Drosa (3136 posts) -

Doom 3.

It was dumb enough to try and shoot at you through the wall. The fact that Quake 3 Arena had some wickedly smart AI only serves to make Doom 3 more of an embarassment for Id.

#42 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

persona 3's party members managed to piss me off for the entire game. hell, the last battle is only remotely challenging because you have to keep changing your teammates commands and missing turns (because of it) so they dont kill themselves.

army of 2's AI was dumb as **** as well. apparently, military officers teach their grunts to perform the excellent tactical manuever of "putting your back to the enemy as you run 50 yards past multiple areas of cover". i also like it when my AI teammate decides to drag my battered body in a picketts charge through enemy lines when healing me behind a jersey barrier wouldve worked just a little bit better.

#43 Posted by The_Sand_Man (6788 posts) -
The police in GTA4. Epic lulz :lol: