What is something new they should add in fps's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

headbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 headbound
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

I know in some games you can customize your guys loadout and what he is wearing but, like in mw2 for example you can unlock different camo for your weapons and different attachments, they should have customizable apparel, unlockable camo and such and being able to customize your facial features, let me know what you think they should put in fps's.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

I'm thinking more Medal of Honour here, but if and when you have AI allies, they should at least support you, so its not like you're the "super soldier" somehow.

Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Spirit0123
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I think having a more dynamic melee combat in close quarters would be awsome. like instead of being able to just knife or kick or rifle butt someone, you could do all three. Or be able to disarm an opponent and turn it into a fist brawl, now that would be sweet. Or have different melee weapons such as a baseball bat, combat hatchet, spade, or just fight with a bayonett taken off of your gun.

headbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 headbound

I think having a more dynamic melee combat in close quarters would be awsome. like instead of being able to just knife or kick or rifle butt someone, you could do all three. Or be able to disarm an opponent and turn it into a fist brawl, now that would be sweet. Or have different melee weapons such as a baseball bat, combat hatchet, spade, or just fight with a bayonett taken off of your gun.

Spirit0123

That would be epic, kindof like improvise in that situation, if you get your knife or weapon knocked out of your hands it turns in to a brawl that would be so awesome.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
I think they should add bots and a mapmaker like TimeSplitters.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I think having a more dynamic melee combat in close quarters would be awsome. like instead of being able to just knife or kick or rifle butt someone, you could do all three. Or be able to disarm an opponent and turn it into a fist brawl, now that would be sweet.Spirit0123

Metal Gear Online. Just without the disarms.

Pirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pirson
Member since 2006 • 297 Posts

I think they should come up with an anti-cheating and anti-hacking system that actually works.

But those other things would be nice too.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Open-ended gameplay. No more of this "holding hands" BS. It'd be nice if the player had more control in decision making. The rerelease of Perfect Dark has made me think that FPS games have actually taken a step BACK after Halos initial reactions. The very first level of PD is a good example of this, and it was released TEN years ago. Now, in that amount of time, imagine how that level could have evolved. Lets say player X(or even multiple players) starts at the bottom of the skyscraper. The technology nowadays is perfectly capable to render a full fledged building. Every room and closet could possibly be of use if the situation lends itself. Now instead of the story guiding the players through the game, the players could use THEIR BRAINS as to how to tackle the task--let's say rescuing someone from the 56th floor. They could send 2 people this way, 3 people that way, maybe one person could be a sniper on the outside of the building.

So now lets say the players accomplish the task of rescuing this person. The alarm could either sound or not, depending on how the players had chosen to complete the rescue. Maybe the enemies are completely unaware of the completed task. Maybe an alarm sounds at somepoint, forcing the players to, again, use their brains to figure out how to accomplish the goal.

Things like this would appeal to me more. At this point I see no difference in MW2 and the old point-and-click pc adventure games.

Pirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pirson
Member since 2006 • 297 Posts
[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Open-ended gameplay. No more of this "holding hands" BS. It'd be nice if the player had more control in decision making. The rerelease of Perfect Dark has made me think that FPS games have actually taken a step BACK after Halos initial reactions. The very first level of PD is a good example of this, and it was released TEN years ago. Now, in that amount of time, imagine how that level could have evolved. Lets say player X(or even multiple players) starts at the bottom of the skyscraper. The technology nowadays is perfectly capable to render a full fledged building. Every room and closet could possibly be of use if the situation lends itself. Now instead of the story guiding the players through the game, the players could use THEIR BRAINS as to how to tackle the task--let's say rescuing someone from the 56th floor. They could send 2 people this way, 3 people that way, maybe one person could be a sniper on the outside of the building.

So now lets say the players accomplish the task of rescuing this person. The alarm could either sound or not, depending on how the players had chosen to complete the rescue. Maybe the enemies are completely unaware of the completed task. Maybe an alarm sounds at somepoint, forcing the players to, again, use their brains to figure out how to accomplish the goal.

Things like this would appeal to me more. At this point I see no difference in MW2 and the old point-and-click pc adventure games.

That actually sounds awesome. Like, smarter AI and the ability to affect the storyline.
headbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 headbound

Heirren

Yeah, they should do that, for instance you have a mission to do, your mission is to rescue hostages in a small village, you have a squad and you make up on how you will rescue them, i know its kindof been done before but not where you actually think on how to complete the mission, i mean actually planning it out and choosing what equipment to use and everything.

Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

Agree with the "open-world" game-play for FPS's, getting tired of linear "corridor" levels. There was some WW2 game with paratroopers where you got to choose where to start a level, and Halo:ODST's central hub section touched on this idea, but neither game really exploited an open world arena fully i felt. I would love to see a game which would incorporate linear & open levels in their design and give players more freedom to choose their path.

Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

@Heirren: Your idea's sound awesome BTW!!