What gaming related things do you like to collect?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45245 Posts

I like to collect game art books, especially ones that have developer commentary. Really enjoyed ”The Eyes of Bayonetta” (1 & 2) and am looking forward to the third one. Also enjoy getting certain figures like the 2B figure I got last year and. Also picked up Barret and Aerith from FF7 Remake (will probably get more FF7 Remake figures!!) I collect some steelbooks, but again, only ones I really like. And I have a few gaming posters as well (love my Mario 64 one!).

How about you, GD? What gaming related things do you like to collect?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I only really collect the physical games themselves. If there's any bonus goodies, I'm all for it. Though, I'm not one to buy collector's editions anymore.

I generally only want to experience the game itself. Anything other than a case and a disc/cartridge is just something I need to find the space for. Which is limited at the moment!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

I've collected everything from coins, to cards to physical games. Although in recent years I've slowed down a lot.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

S+ ranks, pure plats, wins, salty messages, etc.

Love playing games, just never cared for collectibles, swag, etc.

Guess controllers and arcade sticks are the closest thing. Not really about collecting though. Just always like trying out the new stuff and having options. Buying new sticks, usually more about checking out a different enclosure. But also like experimenting with mechanical mods, different levers, actuators, springs, shafts, tops, buttons, etc.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

S+ ranks, pure plats, wins, salty messages, etc.

Love playing games, just never cared for collectibles, swag, etc.

Guess controllers and arcade sticks are the closest thing. Not really about collecting though. Just always like trying out the new stuff and having options. Buying new sticks, usually more about checking out a different enclosure. But also like experimenting with mechanical mods, different levers, actuators, springs, shafts, tops, buttons, etc.

Lol, have you gotten S+ ranks for all Platinum Games?

You gotta keep me in the loop about all of the good fighting game sticks.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

Trick question, get outta here.

Yes

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Trick question, get outta here.

Yes

Oh snap! Good luck trying to get S+ with Bayonetta‘s 3 mini game sections lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

😂

Don't wanna be a bullshitter man, was only playing on the S+ joke.

Nah, got Pure Plat on all verses in Bayo1 and Bayo2. Most of them in TW101. All of the combat encounters, but missing some of the mini-game sections. 😔

Haven't even tried in other Platinum games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

Not much of a collector. I think if I had an actual house of my own and walls to hang stuff on or places I could mount a shelf I might start collecting some stuff.

But it doesn't really appeal to me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

I like to collect game art books, especially ones that have developer commentary. Really enjoyed ”The Eyes of Bayonetta” (1 & 2) and am looking forward to the third one. Also enjoy getting certain figures like the 2B figure I got last year and. Also picked up Barret and Aerith from FF7 Remake (will probably get more FF7 Remake figures!!) I collect some steelbooks, but again, only ones I really like. And I have a few gaming posters as well (love my Mario 64 one!).

I love concept art. It's one of my dream jobs.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I love concept art. It's one of my dream jobs.

I think Conan is an artist or something.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

@SolidGame_basic:

😂

Don't wanna be a bullshitter man, was only playing on the S+ joke.

Nah, got Pure Plat on all verses in Bayo1 and Bayo2. Most of them in TW101. All of the combat encounters, but missing some of the mini-game sections. 😔

Haven't even tried in other Platinum games.

Oh lol, you got me. You gonna go back and finish it up? Sounds like you only need a few!!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh lol, you got me. You gonna go back and finish it up? Sounds like you only need a few!!

Maybe on the next go, been itching to get back into it.

Honestly tho, kinda got over that obsession with Pure Plats in their games. Combat encounters, sure, great, that's what I'm playing them for. The more gimmicky mini game stuff though, kind of annoying tbh.

@SolidGame_basic said:

I think Conan is an artist or something.

Yeah, 3d artist. Modeling, digital sculpting, texturing, that kinda stuff. Used to draw a lot too, but more hobbyist level.

Concept artist job does seem pretty amazing. Had some buds who could throw together amazing scenes in Photoshop in like 20/30 mins lol.

I've taken a stab at it with creature design, but never professionally.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: sounds cool, you do anything for games?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4237 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I used to collect keychains and wallets and video game pins. Edit: this gives me an idea. Video game posters would be pretty cool to collect, as well.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

Feel we've had this convo before. 😂

Yeah man, used to. Done 3d work for most applicable industries. VFX, animation, games, collectible figures, cultural heritage preservation, simulation, machine learning, medical illustration, e-commerce, etc. Mostly VFX tho.

Been a while for games. Think the last game I worked on was the Ultra Prestigious AAAA Game of Forever - Ubisofts The Crew 2!lol

Well technically I did some work with KitBash 3d a while back. Creating environmental assets that they license out to film and game studios. Naughty Dog uses a lot of their stuff for example.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Feel we've had this convo before. 😂

Yeah man, used to. Done 3d work for most applicable industries. VFX, animation, games, collectible figures, cultural heritage preservation, simulation, machine learning, medical illustration, e-commerce, etc. Mostly VFX tho.

Been a while for games. Think the last game I worked on was the Ultra Prestigious AAAA Game of Forever - Ubisofts The Crew 2!lol

Well technically I did some work with KitBash 3d a while back. Creating environmental assets that they license out to film and game studios. Naughty Dog uses a lot of their stuff for example.

Damn bro, you’re making the bank!! Collectible figures?! I’ve been supporting you this whole time?!

You should put your initials somewhere so you can find it in the game lol.

Is that why you‘re a PC gamer? You need a mega powerful PC?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

lol I remember years back freedomfreak asked me to put his initials on a creature I did for Sleepy Hollow. I hid them in the texture, but no way they'd show up in the final shot.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Is that why you‘re a PC gamer? You need a mega powerful PC?

Certainly not the only reason, but damn does it make it convenient. Always have an excuse to have an up to date PC. Can easily talk myself into upgrades. Nice to write off PC parts on the taxes.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: lol. Maybe one day you can work with Kojima.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

Steam games that never play.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

Oh I do check out Koji Pro job listings from time to time. Even right now there's a couple of spots on their career page that I'd be a good candidate for.

Might kill some of the fun, being part of the project, but damn they work on cool stuff. Worth it.

Buuuut moving to Tokyo, not knowing a lick of Japanese. No bueno. Plus I avoid in-house game studio work for good reasons. And I'd imagine Japanese game studios are pretty brutal.

But if I were offered something in a contractor capacity, remote? Shit yeah, sign me up lol.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1351 Posts

I’ve been thinking of starting a collection of figures from video games I like. Ratchet and Clank had some cool ones I wish I bought when they came out. Might get some final fantasy ones because I like the character designs.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Oh I do check out Koji Pro job listings from time to time. Even right now there's a couple of spots on their career page that I'd be a good candidate for.

Might kill some of the fun, being part of the project, but damn they work on cool stuff. Worth it.

Buuuut moving to Tokyo, not knowing a lick of Japanese. No bueno. Plus I avoid in-house game studio work for good reasons. And I'd imagine Japanese game studios are pretty brutal.

But if I were offered something in a contractor capacity, remote? Shit yeah, sign me up lol.

Remote work changed everything lol.

@ratchetclank92 said:

I’ve been thinking of starting a collection of figures from video games I like. Ratchet and Clank had some cool ones I wish I bought when they came out. Might get some final fantasy ones because I like the character designs.

This is just my humble opinion, but it's best to get them while they're hot. You never know which one will become rare and expensive lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I'm slowly building back up my collection of older Nintendo systems/games. I have quite a nice Gamecube collection now, and am slowly building up my Gameboy Color & Advance collections too.

I also occasionally buy collectors editions of games from series that I love, such as the Link's Awakening remake.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'm slowly building back up my collection of older Nintendo systems/games. I have quite a nice Gamecube collection now, and am slowly building up my Gameboy Color & Advance collections too.

I also occasionally buy collectors editions of games from series that I love, such as the Link's Awakening remake.

I've done a little bit of retro collecting myself, but only games I never really got around to. Last year I picked up Silent Hill 2-4 for PS2. GameCube I picked up Mario Sunshine, Baiten Kaitos, Metroid Prime, MGS 1 Remake.

FredSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FredSC
Member since 2023 • 57 Posts

I liked collecting characters from games I liked on the SNES, but I had to sell everyone I had

HanzoDiamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HanzoDiamond
Member since 2023 • 26 Posts

Mine would be those Figma from Dota 2 and League of Legends before.