What gaming related things do you like to collect?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

I used to get Zelda and Fire Emblem amiibos, but that ended after I had so many of them lol. I sold them and now just have Cloud (both versions) and Bayonetta (both versions). Also collect books. posters, steelbook cases, and figures, but not compulsively lol. Just a few here and there that I really like.

What about you, GD? What gaming related things do you like to collect?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

I like to buy keychains periodically. It’s not really a collection however. Also there are some really expensive Nintendo stuff like lamps that people collect on eBay. Very expensive too!!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Nothing but I wish I did back in the day because I'm such a nostalgic bastard. Thinking about it now I probably would of collected receipts for games because it would remind me of what date and store I got the game. I get obsessed with dates and years so to me it would of been perfect.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Artbooks.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#5 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

Not much outside of games and consoles. I have thought about Amiibos and figurines but they always seem so expensive. I do have a few players guides though.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'll occasionally buy Pokémon Plush toys.

Finnegan1247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Finnegan1247
Member since 2022 • 1 Posts

@finnegan1247: Really needed

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Games, and....games.

Sorry, not much of a collector.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

I usually like to buy Sonic related merch and any limited editions that I would consider to be worthy of a purchase.

Some of the things that I would like to start buying is figures and statues, certain novels/graphic novels/manga, and go back and purchase older games that I have my eye on or are collectibles at this point. There are some other things, but these are majorly what I am always aiming for.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic

@blackacezero777 said:

I usually like to buy Sonic related merch and any limited editions that I would consider to be worthy of a purchase.

Some of the things that I would like to start buying is figures and statues, certain novels/graphic novels/manga, and go back and purchase older games that I have my eye on or are collectibles at this point. There are some other things, but these are majorly what I am always aiming for.

What about Sonic Origins and Sonic Frontiers? Plan on getting any memorabilia with that?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

I'm tempted to pick up more controllers for some reason. I dont need a controller. I have no shortage of controllers. but any time i see a review of a good, well built controller (ideally with something interesting added) i think "hmmm maybe i should get a new controller".

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@osan0 said:

I'm tempted to pick up more controllers for some reason. I dont need a controller. I have no shortage of controllers. but any time i see a review of a good, well built controller (ideally with something interesting added) i think "hmmm maybe i should get a new controller".

lol I’m going through that now. I have a black ps5 controller, a red one, and a purple one 😄

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@blackacezero777 said:

What about Sonic Origins and Sonic Frontiers? Plan on getting any memorabilia with that?

Will most likely buy both (Origins I've been picky on because there was the Mega Collection Plus that I feel was more of a bang for the buck), possibly a special/limited edition if there will be one. Anything afterwards I will have to see.

Againstcurent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Againstcurent
Member since 2021 • 147 Posts

figurines and some clothes (may be used for cosplay).

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Debt

bonuspanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bonuspanic
Member since 2022 • 19 Posts

for a long while I liked the idea of digital games because it was super easy to get my 'hands' on a game quickly...but now I've got an itch for owning physical games again, so my answer is going back to retro game collecting, PS3/360 era and back. I'm honestly excited for what I can get my hands on and the nostalgia trip!

Chronogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chronogos
Member since 2014 • 392 Posts

I collect brochures and other promotional materials. One of my favorite pieces is an Xbox brochure from 2001 about "70 reasons you MUST buy an Xbox". Reason 3 was because Xbox makes a better booster seat for grandma than a PS2 or GameCube! Nintendo put out some gorgeous catalogs and sometimes just had free DVDs with promo videos for upcoming games. I even have some VHS cassettes for N64 games! If you were a Nintendo Power subscriber, sometimes they'd mail you tapes with infomercials for upcoming games and I love watching those things! I also have a collection of retail displays/posters that I'd get when a store takes them down. For Super Mario's 25th anniversary display, I got plastic cutouts of all the Marios and a huge cardboard DSi. I also have a collection of kiosk demo discs/game cartridges. Basically anything involving the marketing of video games I love to collect. It's stuff that's free and nobody thinks about saving but to me, that's what makes these pieces more special. It's part of gaming history.