DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2102 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

Mostly Project Warlock. Pretty fun game.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2103 GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

Miles Morales (PC). It's just more of the same Spider-Man with, probably, less frequent random generated crimes.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2106 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

If it arrives today it will be AEW fight forever on Xbox probably more Forza horizon 5. Walking dead complete first season on switch.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2107 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Death Stranding: DC via PS Plus. This is seriously addicting.

Age of Empire II: Definitive Edition via Series X Game Pass. This is...well yeah, same thing.

superprans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2108 superprans
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

I'm already fan of shooting games but I would like to try different genre of game like vehicular combat game with intense play style and strategies.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2109 DEVILinIRON

Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP)

Ms. Pac Man (arcade)

Galaga '88 (arcade)

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2110 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

Been playing lots of X4 lately, but after a few hundred hours, it's starting to sour. Trepang2 is also on the rotation, and from what I've played, it seems amazing. Haven't really dug into it yet, but I was able to find Legend of Zelda:Tears of the Kingdom for $60 at the local Costco and simply had to get it. From what little I've played, it seems like it's just more Breath of the Wild, which isn't bad, but hardly worth all the fellating I'm seeing from people.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2111 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge, got it on my laptop. Trying to finish it as I made it far on Xbox Series S.

Tuskenraider80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2112 Tuskenraider80
Member since 2022 • 65 Posts

games Im actually busy with this year

for my Playstation 3

-Injustice Gods Among Us. still getting a few of the DLC outfits that i still need to get such as new 52 and AmeriCon whatever its called

Final fantasy XIII

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles which is digital

plain Persona 4

Dino Crisis

Switch Lite

-Ni No Kuni 2

Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 5 and Revelations 2

Bravely Default 2

Xenoblade 1. at the very end of the game. That and sort of in the middle of doing some proto sword sidequest

Xenoblade 2

Paper Mario Origiami

Zelda Skyward Sword

my X Box One S

Final Fantasy Type 0

Dead Rising 4 which is digital

Playstation 4

Mortal Kombat X

Final fantasy XV

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2113 GNS

Baldur's Gate 3.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2114 robert_sparkes

Picked up spec ops the line on the ms store as it was £3.99 never played before but heard good things. Will probably start up over the weekend.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2116 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

Starfield.

And Starfield.

And some more Starfield.

Also Lies of P just came out, been spending a few minutes with that (thanks Game Pass, wouldn't have bought this game but since it's included, I can try it out!).

And for better or worse I just started playing Factorio again for the first time in a few months because apparently 1000 hours wasn't enough...

@robert_sparkes said:

Picked up spec ops the line on the ms store as it was £3.99 never played before but heard good things. Will probably start up over the weekend.

Ooooh hope you enjoy it. It's pretty grim! but a great singleplayer game.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2117 robert_sparkes

Spec ops the line not that far in but very good so far the story is intriguing. Also picked up need for speed heat in a sale a good return to form for the franchise.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2119  Edited By DEVILinIRON

Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee, gotta stop playing when I'm stoned.

Also Suikoden 2 on my PSP.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2121 robert_sparkes

Been picking up some Xbox one games that I skipped that a dirt cheap now and picked up red faction guerrilla remastered. Really fun game has the destruction that crackdown 3 promised.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2122 pillarrocks

The Callisto Protocol, I hate the dodge mechanic of using the analog sticks for shifting left and right when a enemy attacks. Plus pressing buttons when prompted to on screen reminds me of God of War. Hopefully the game isn't terrible though the combat does seem easy plus I am playing on easy mode.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2123 robert_sparkes

Before Forza Motorsport gets release to everyone I'm finishing up Forza 7 career mode.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2124 pillarrocks

The Callisto Protocol, game really feels like it's lifeless and like Dead Space though not as good as the remake. I am glad I didn't pay full price for the game.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2125 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1170 Posts

Assassin's Creed Mirage, gurl.

bronzeheart92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2126 bronzeheart92
Member since 2017 • 129 Posts

Monster Hunter Rise.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2129 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7321 Posts

Titanfall 2. I read they fixed the network issues, and it was on sale for $3. Grapling hook + Mech = 11/10

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2130 robert_sparkes

Currently downloading assassin's creed mirage on Xbox looking forward to getting back to the roots of the series.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2131  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2460 Posts

Finished Metal Gear. Not a good game. Metal Gear 2 is. It was the last one in the main canon that I had left, except for Portable Ops, which I don't plan to ever play, since it never was ported to consoles.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2132 pillarrocks

WWE 2K23 Deluxe Edition

I like it more than WWE 2K22, the Showcase mode with John Cena is really good. Glad I waited for it to hit $40 on PSN to get both the PS4/PS5 edition and the Season Pass and Preorder DLC.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2133 GNS

Finished with Baldur's Gate 3. All I'm going to say is that I played worse games and I played better games.

Also, I chose for my char to become a squid only to in the end do a 180 and sacrifice a party member with an 'atomic bomb' in his chest, and then go kill my squid character. That's how much I cared for the story in this RPG.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2134 DEVILinIRON

Phantasy Star Portable 2. Fun fun fun.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2135 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts

Resident Evil 4R

Far Cry 6

Apex Legends for Online MP

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2137 Warm_Gun

I'm playing Snake Eater again, in RCPS3, with the "Normal" camera only. I disabled "3rd person view" in the settings. Haven't played the game like this in maybe seventeen years, though I switched to the "Normal" camera often on nearly every playthrough since Subsistence was released.

Using a Retro Fighters Defender for pressure sensitivity. It's an decent controller, but I wish PS2 controllers were supported.

I don't know why I ever played these games with subtitles. Pretty distracting. All I'd like to have subbed are the abbreviations.

Still don't care for the James Bond opening. Sorry, it's lame. The visuals are lame, mostly footage of Snake in the game. The lyrics are lame. The singer isn't that skilled of a vocalist. At least Bluepoint Games used a higher quality video file than on the PS2 version. All the pre-rendered cutscenes are improved (but not HD).

Some of the mechanics feel half-baked. The cure system. If I have been shot, I take out the bullet and let the rest heal on its own, because going through all the different items feels too... I don't know, simplistic. Rote.

The collectibles are so different from almost every modern game. I mean that they all have a purpose. Compare that to some bullshit like the recent Tomb Raider trilogy, where there is junk littered EVERYWHERE and little of it does anything but fill a completion percentage. I don't remember if I ever hit all the kerotans. I collected everything a few times over the years, but acquired the infinity face paint by catching the tsuchinoko rather than hitting all the frog figures. Finding the kerotans on this playthrough, my first in eleven years. It really slows the pace of the game to a crawl sometimes, when also watching the cutscenes and speaking over the radio often. Kind of satisfying, though. Finding them, I mean.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2138  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

PS5: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Spiderman 2, Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Street Fighter 6.

PC: Red Dead Redemption, Mario Odyssey, Sonic Frontiers, and Bowsers Fury with Yuzu emulator.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2139  Edited By Warm_Gun

Because I'm using the 8BitDo M30 on both the computer and phone and it's too tedious to sync again when switching to the other, I tried instead to continue A Link to the Past with my modern style analog stick controller (8BitDo Ultimate). It was awful. Really difficult to navigate. I have no idea why modern D-pads are so small and no longer have that lovely Mega Drive circle that makes it so much easier to switch from latitude to longitude. Don't tell me that it's because the D-pad is now used mostly to select items and move between menus, because plenty of 2D platformers and action games are still released. There's plenty of room on most controllers too. I probably should have used the Retro Fighters Defender, since it has a bigger D-pad that is aligned with the face buttons, but the M30 is still better for those very old games because of the placement of the face buttons, the sizes of A, B and C, and that circle between the directions.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2140  Edited By Warm_Gun

I defeated The Fury and entered Groznij Grad. Although I've played the game many times, I'm actually surprised after eleven years since my last playthrough by how brief most of the cutscenes and mandatory radio conversations have been up to this point. I still prefer the stories of MGS1 and 2, but the simplicity here is fine. I'll take it over the excess in later games. It's so adventurous. Big budget games never achieve that anymore.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2141  Edited By Warm_Gun

Finished Metal Gear Solid 3 again.

As I thought years ago, the story is too back-heavy. They drop so much information in the end, from The Boss telling Snake about her lengthy past to the debriefing by Eva, and while I appreciate the story still, clunky as the structure is, the subject matter is not that interesting. The game opens with, "After the end of World War II, the world was split into two: East and West. This marked the beginning of the era called the Cold War." Thank you, Captain Obvious. The subject matter goes on like this, stating information about the Cold War and the space race and the arms race and a soldier's enemy being relative, determined by politics, that everybody even vaguely familiar with history knows. The Boss tells all this like the player as Snake is a child. It's why I think Metal Gear Solid worked better in the not too distant future, where it could play with current events through a science fiction lens. Metal Gear Solid 2's theme of information control was much more provocative.

I also don't like so much how the action just keeps piling on. You almost wanna tell Ocelot to get the **** out of the craft because his duel is so prolonged as Eva tries to keep it leveled, after everything that has already happened.

They should not have dropped the Russian accents from MGS2. Only some of the characters have Russian accents, oddly. None of the soldiers do.

Played the cutscenes in 16:9, the default option. I might have to play MGS2 with the letterbox option. It's too wide, but the cutscenes were originally slightly wider than 16:9. Don't like how the bottom letterbox is way bigger, though. That's for subtitles. I don't use them anymore.

No Caption Provided

Found it funny that there was still the sound of the letterboxes appearing before I shot The Boss, even with no letterboxes.

Still annoys me that the picture Grain shows Snake of his Metal Gear in MGS3 is of REX and not the design from the original Metal Gear. Another retcon, claiming Otacon did nothing important (He did not create stealth camo either. The Fear had it.) and pretending these machines did not evolve over time. Why would Otacon not develop previous designs into his own idea, being such an anime fanboy? No reason for it other than annoying fanservice when they had the MSX graphic.

Wasn't convinced by "Big Boss" being an official title awarded by the top brass.

You are given too many suppressors. I played on Hard, sneaked often and finished with six suppressors for the M1911, about the same for the Mk II.

The action is sadly the easiest in the series. They never figured out the AI for combat, and now with the areas so much more expansive and with so many more guns to find, it's easier than ever to take all the reinforcements out from a distance as they come down the same paths, unable to see you in your camo. If you get down, the Skorpion machine pistol is almost as accurate as any other longer range weapon.

Also bothers me that they never fixed it so that the alert and caution statuses remained after you entered a new area and died or fouled up a section so badly that you decided to do it over. I don't want to feel like the game is letting me cheat, and putting the game back in normal status after I messed up feels like cheating. The only solution is to save in every area or reload the save in the previous area.

Good game. Very good. None of the big budget games have this cinematic sense of adventure anymore, where linearity makes it work so well. Make anything open world and more users will play and talk about it and love it. Elden Ring's sales really say it all. People who wouldn't touch the old Souls games with a ten foot pole, whom I wouldn't speak with about video games because they mainly play multiplayer and movie games, appreciate Elden Ring. The game is a bad sign for the whole industry. That it's the best selling game FromSoftware ever made tells developers that they are right for abandoning the linear single player adventure.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2142  Edited By Warm_Gun

Spent most of the remainder of my weekend playing Metal Gear Solid 3 again on Extreme. No alerts, no kills, no life medicine (Never take them in any playthrough because they count against you.), all the kerotans (frog figures) hit. The kerotans were the one thing I never accomplished in these twenty years. The ones in the chase were frustrating, some of them. I had to switch to another controller for better aiming, use XInput instead of XSX (Dual Shock 3). The Retro Fighters Defender that I use for pressure sensitive face actions is way too touchy in XSX. That chase was also when I started looking up kerotan locations on the internet. Would have taken too much time to find them on my own. I saved 48 times, including several where I moved through multiple areas without dying (so useless saves). Not proud of that, but I didn't wanna risk excessive repeats, for my time is more precious than it used be.

Even though I didn't kill anyone, I finished with five suppressors for the M1911, five for the Mk II tranquilizer pistol and one for the XM16 (prototype M16) rifle. Like I said, they give you way too many suppressors. I barely took any of them from soldiers. Most were just laying around. I tried not to shoot too many people.

Only used the "fixed" camera. I'll never play with the rotational cam introduced in Subsistence again.

Hardest was the The Fury. I took him down in about a minute and a half on Hard, but on Extreme with no lethal weapons it took three hours (including coming down from the top of the mountain over and over, until I gave up and created a save at the beginning of the boss). His fire does so much damage and litters the map. Most of the bosses are pretty good. Volgin on his Shagohod I'm not impressed by.

Uploaded the five and half hour long video. Processing now. This is one of those I'll never delete, even at 158 GB, because I don't trust YouTube. Wasn't too long ago that they said inactive accounts would be deactivated.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2143 DanishAnwar

Just finished Red Dead Redemption. And man this was the game of the century!

Now playing Spec Ops Tue Line on my PS3.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2144  Edited By pillarrocks

Batman Arkham Knight (PS4)

I honestly can't get into Arkham Knight especially since I had this game since 2015. I loved the previous two Arkham games though tried and wasn't feeling it. Definitely going to try getting into this game on PS5 plus I have all of the DLC which should keep me busy after the campaign.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2145 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 286 Posts

Last things I actually played were the original Spyro and Half life ...that had some surprising amount of latency for a 25 year old game

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2147 pillarrocks

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Started Mass Effect 2 last night and impressed how the game looks on PS5 though it does look dark when playing the night missions. Completely forgot how the hacking works since I haven't played Mass Effect 2 since 2011. Having a blast recruiting my team mates again.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2148  Edited By DanishAnwar

I just started playing Zelda TOTK on my PC. And the game certainly seems to live up to the hype.

Here is video on my laptop.

https://youtu.be/TX7WgLJ9gDk?feature=shared

Dan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2149 Dan30
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts
@danishanwar said:

I just started playing Zelda TOTK on my PC. And the game certainly seems to live up to the hype.

Here is video on my laptop.

https://youtu.be/TX7WgLJ9gDk?feature=shared

Be careful, anyone who dares to play Zelda outside of a Nintendo Switch runs the risk of experiencing the kindness of Nintendo's legal team and their lawsuits :D

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2150 pillarrocks

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I am finding this game more difficult than Assassin's Creed Origins at level 6. I might have to craft some items or sell some.