What do you think of the Sega CD / Mega CD?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts

I recently took again a look at the Sega CD / Mega CD and its library, and I think, despite all, it's pretty neat system with a fair number of good games. However, I've got the impression that the system is extensively loathed and mostly branded as a commercial failure with nothing but crappy FMV games.

So I'd like to know what you think of the system and its games.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I've still got mine lying around in a cupboard somewhere. :P  I enjoyed it at the time, a few great games.  Even had fun with the likes of Time Gal and Road Avenger that everyone used to pan.  Just wasn't enough games though which was a real shame. 

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

I really enjoyed my MCD back then. It had more than enough great games that the average gamer could purchase at the time. I remember I was still buying MCD games well after the SS was released.

I do think SEGA made a critical mistake in never intending the system to take over the MD. That should've been the point in the system in my opinion, just like NEC did it with their PC-ENGINE.

The superior hardware with the lower manufacturing costs of the CD-ROM format should've prevailed.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Panzer_Zwei

I've still got mine lying around in a cupboard somewhere. :P  I enjoyed it at the time, a few great games.  Even had fun with the likes of Time Gal and Road Avenger that everyone used to pan.  Just wasn't enough games though which was a real shame. 

bulby_g

People came to really hate FMV games because certain people in the industry back then had this crazy idea that FMV games were the future of gaming. And they tried to shove their idea into cosumers to a point where most of the promotional ads you used to see in magazines were for FMV games, which failed miserably.

Games like TIME GAL and ROAD AVENGER however were only ports of 80's arcade laser disc games. And they were actually pretty good conversions, all things considered.

I actually prefer the MCD version of ROAD AVENGER to the SS and PS version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#5 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

I have done research and it turns out the Sega CD does have some very good games. Some are Sonic CD, Final Fight CD, Snatcher, Shining Force CD, Robo Aleste, Mortal Kombat, Shin Megami Tensei (japan only), the Lunar JRPG series, etc.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3282 Posts

It was ok. Not as good when you compare it to what the regular Genesis/Mega Drive had to offer of course but it had some good games.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

It had some good games that weren't FMV games. I used to have one, but it's laser stopped working and I trashed it.

It's not as good as the SNES or Genesis, at the time. But it's still worth picking up, not a complete failure like so many gamers try to make it out to be. Some good shoot-em ups, the Lunar games, Sonic CD, and some of the best ports of certain titles that generation.

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

All I can say for the Sega CD was pretty cool it game me the chance to play Sonic CD one of my favorite games ever sooooo..... But I can't say much about Mega CD

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21709 Posts

It's great. As if the Genesis' library wasn't superb enough on its own, the SEGA CD adds to it with its own fantastic titles such as Sonic CD, Robo Aleste, Android Assault, etc. Don't let its commercial failure fool you. Anyone that takes a look at its library can see that the SEGA CD has way more to offer than just Sewer Shark. 

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#10 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I own some good games for it Shining Force CD, Heart of the Alien, Popful Mail, and Dark Wizard. It's not all FMV games, you can find some good games on it.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GaussRiemann

I guess a huge problem back in the day was that quite a few games back in the day were also available on Mega Drive/ Genesis, with too few enhancements to make the CD version attractive enough at full price, but for (in most cases) lower prices they are worth getting, like Samurai Shown, Fatal Fury Special, the two Ecco games, Syndicate, Powermonger, Puggsy, Mickey Mania, Chuck Rock I & II, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Radical Rex, Sensible Soccer, Wolfchild, Flashback,Terminator and Theme Park.

Sonic CD, of course, is splendid. I also liked Final Fight CD, which looks better than the sloppy SNES port, and has 2 player mode, all stages and all three characters.

There are some interesting games I haven't come to play yet, like Snatcher, Keio Flyign Squadron, the Lunar Games, Shining Force CD or Popful Mail.

Lords of Thunder, Bari-Arm, Robo Aleste and Sol-Feace are good to excellent 2d shooters.

There are some good computer games ported to the system, like Secret of Monkey Island, Rise of the Dragon, Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master II, Links, Wing Commander and Novastorm, though I have not played all of them yet.

I lately discovered Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side and Silpheed. The first is a port of Eternal Champions, but it contains more moves and charcters, and the latter I'd discribe as a blend of Galaga and Rebel Assault.

I'm looking forward to be fluent in Japanese. There are many RPGs on the Mega CD, which where only released in Japan, like Shin Megami Tensei, 3x3 Eyes or Illusion City.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts
Other than possibly the worst ports of FMV games even good ones, which also worked with hurting their popularity on other systems with better versions, It's ok. It's limited in the library and quality department, but you can still enjoy it if you ignore the bad ports of virtually every interactive or FMV/Sprite mix games.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TigerSuperman

It's great. As if the Genesis' library wasn't superb enough on its own, the SEGA CD adds to it with its own fantastic titles such as Sonic CD, Robo Aleste, Android Assault, etc. Don't let its commercial failure fool you. Anyone that takes a look at its library can see that the SEGA CD has way more to offer than just Sewer Shark. 

Renegade_Fury
Yes, some good games and mostly bad ports. Heck, its sewershark port is bad.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

TigerSuperman

Then enjoy Sewer Shark on your 3DO.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

it is the most underrated system I've ever played and owned. I could name dozens of top titles that were very original and exlsuive back then and today many of them still are

here are some 8/10 games at least, some 10/10 too imo, which you should really check out if you are interested in sega cd:

lunar eternal blue

lunar silver star

snatcher

dune

dark wizard

sonic cd

third world war

shining force cd

vay

popful mail

secret of monkey island

mansion of hidden souls

rise of the dragon

ecco the dolphin cd

ecco the tides of time

heart of the alien

keio flying squadron

robo aleste

silpheed

soulstar

space adventure

panic!

adventures of willy beamish

amazing spiderman vs kingpin

batman returns

batman and robin

flashback

thunderhawk

pitfal the mayan adventure

this list proves alone how underrated and awesome the system is. most gamers will never have heard of most of these games and they are all great and many even have the most superior version of it on sega cd like dune, flashback, pitfall, spiderman, batman, heart of the alien and snatcher. all classics

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

GaussRiemann

I don't know if SEWER SHARK came before on another platform, but the MCD version was released in 1992 and the 3DO one in 1994.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

GaussRiemann

Because Sega CD and 3DO were the ONLY ones with FMV games. Nope not at all.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Yes, some good games and mostly bad ports. Heck, its sewershark port is bad.Panzer_Zwei

I don't know if SEWER SHARK came before on another platform, but the MCD version was released in 1992 and the 3DO one in 1994.

Computers.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Yes, some good games and mostly bad ports. Heck, its sewershark port is bad.TigerSuperman

Maybe it's my mediocre skill in English , but I honestly don't know what you want to say.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

GaussRiemann

Maybe it's my mediocre skill in English , but I honestly don't know what you want to say.

He's trying to be sarcastic. He's implying that you meant FMV games only exist on 3DO and Sega CD, when in actuality they were also on other systems.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

TigerSuperman

Computers.

According to the wiki the game never came out for any PC system. The game was originally stated for a system that was never released. Thus the MCD version is the original version and the first FMV game on home consoles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewer_Shark

Not that I particularly care about SEWER SHARK, anway. Even if they were to release it today with 1080p HD video quality.

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Because Sega CD and 3DO were the ONLY ones with FMV games. Nope not at all.Emerald_Warrior

He's trying to be sarcastic. He's implying that you meant FMV games only exist on 3DO and Sega CD, when in actuality they were also on other systems.

Ah, okay. Sorry, I thought he was able to consider that Sewer Shark only came out on Sega CD and 3DO.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
No idea because I can't find one that isnt $90 freakin bucks.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

GaussRiemann

Ah, okay. Sorry, I thought he was able to consider that Sewer Shark only came out on Sega CD and 3DO.

It's on PC. I will rant it is not by itself on PC.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

Computers.

According to the wiki the game never came out for any PC system. The game was originally stated for a system that was never released. Thus the MCD version is the original version and the first FMV game on home consoles.

Not that I particularly care about SEWER SHARK, anway. Even if they were to release it today with 1080p HD video quality.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Sewer Shark came out in 92, The first FMV games on console were on the Turbo CD in 89. Also Sewer shark is on PC, i grant however, it was not by itself.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TigerSuperman

it is the most underrated system I've ever played and owned. I could name dozens of top titles that were very original and exlsuive back then and today many of them still are

here are some 8/10 games at least, some 10/10 too imo, which you should really check out if you are interested in sega cd:

lunar eternal blue

lunar silver star

snatcher

dune

dark wizard

sonic cd

third world war

shining force cd

vay

popful mail

secret of monkey island

mansion of hidden souls

rise of the dragon

ecco the dolphin cd

ecco the tides of time

heart of the alien

keio flying squadron

robo aleste

silpheed

soulstar

space adventure

panic!

batman returns

batman and robin

flashback

thunderhawk

this list proves alone how underrated and awesome the system is. most gamers will never have heard of most of these games and they are all great and many even have the most superior version of it on sega cd like dune, flashback, pitfall, spiderman, batman, heart of the alien and snatcher. all classics

bultje112
Well, the thing sold towards 7 million so I think quite a few people know about some of those games. i do wonder though how the thing lost them money with that many sold.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Computers.TigerSuperman

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Sewer Shark came out in 92, The first FMV games on console were on the Turbo CD in 89. Also Sewer shark is on PC, i grant however, it was not by itself.

Then maybe you could post the package, screenshots or release info, because I can't find anything about SEWERK SHARK being on any other system.

And you'r dead wrong on the Turbo CD. The system wasn't capable of FMV playback until the arcade card came out much later on. And there were only 2 or 3 games with actually FMV cinematics which were pitful in comparison to even MCD standards.

One was GALAXY FRAULEIN YUNA and the other GUILLIVER BOY.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

lunar eternal blue

lunar silver star

snatcher

dune

dark wizard

sonic cd

third world war

shining force cd

vay

popful mail

secret of monkey island

mansion of hidden souls

rise of the dragon

ecco the dolphin cd

ecco the tides of time

heart of the alien

keio flying squadron

robo aleste

silpheed

soulstar

space adventure

panic!

batman returns

batman and robin

flashback

thunderhawk

TigerSuperman

Well, the thing sold towards 7 million so I think quite a few people know about some of those games. i do wonder though how the thing lost them money with that many sold.

because software sales weren't great and because the hardware sega lost a lot of money on. it was very expensive

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bultje112

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Computers.TigerSuperman

lol. there are no fmv games on turbo cd. fail

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TigerSuperman

Panzer_Zwei

Then maybe you could post the package, screenshots or release info, because I can't find anything about SEWERK SHARK being on any other system.

And you'r dead wrong on the Turbo CD. The system wasn't capable of FMV playback until the arcade card came out much later on. And there were only 2 or 3 games with actually FMV cinematics which were pitful in comparison to even MCD standards.

All these came out before Sewer Shark and this is just some random ones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvhQYj98xk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMWv0EZ2bs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfiZjvbhoQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCoUR-gu_k https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iymjjIpM0bk
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TigerSuperman

bultje112

lol. there are no fmv games on turbo cd. fail

Ok this is just sadly not true at all. Its one thing to make a clami the Mega Cd had the first, it's another to ignore the blant amount of FMV games the TGCD had especially later.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TigerSuperman

Panzer_Zwei

I posted a list og games before sewer shark, but I should add more because the games you posted came out in 1995 when there were tons of FMV games in between those years.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Wasted potential, imo.

It could have been a pretty neat addon but it was too expensive, had too long loading times, poor FMV quality, didn't improve Genesis' color palette, most games were Genesis ports, ect.

The hardware scaling could be pretty neat for some of Sega's own "SuperScaler" games but they didn't really bother releasing those on the SCD and apparently the SCD games only used SCD's hardware, making the Genesis pretty pointless. (SCD could have easily been a stand-alone system, same with 32X)

The system was also filled with B-rate FMV games that served no purpose other than to demonstrate it's FMV capabilities. (which weren't even very good)

Would Sega not have rushed the system and released it at a later point and with a 32-bit processor capable of 3-D graphics, hardware scaling and higher color palette and released more unique software for it, it could have been a different story.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Sewer Shark came out in 92, The first FMV games on console were on the Turbo CD in 89. Also Sewer shark is on PC, i grant however, it was not by itself.TigerSuperman

I posted a list og games before sewer shark, but I should add more because the games you posted came out in 1995 when there were tons of FMV games in between those years.

I just saw your post. You do realise those aren't FMV cinematics?

They're in-game generated cutscenes, like the ones in LUNAR or SNATCHER. Not video playback at all.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#35 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Panzer_Zwei

Sewer Shark was also on 3DO , I have it . only difference is the video quality.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Sewer Shark came out in 92, The first FMV games on console were on the Turbo CD in 89. Also Sewer shark is on PC, i grant however, it was not by itself.Darkman2007

I know. and the 3DO version came out 2 years later.

He's saying the MCD version is a port from PC. Yet I can't find any evidence of the game ever being on any PC system.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#37 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

I know. and the 3DO version came out 2 years later.

He's saying the MCD version is a port from PC. Yet I can't find any evidence of the game ever being on any PC system.

a few of these FMV games did make it to the PC, though Ive never heard of a Sewer Shark port. I seriously doubt it was on PC first.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TigerSuperman

Panzer_Zwei

They're in-game generated cutscenes, like the ones in LUNAR or SNATCHER. Not video playback at all.

It's clear you did not look at the links the very first one 1 minute in is CLEARLY FMV clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvhQYj98xk seriously? These are in rendered? These VHS fully animate people? lol, ok.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] I posted a list og games before sewer shark, but I should add more because the games you posted came out in 1995 when there were tons of FMV games in between those years.TigerSuperman

It's clear you did not look at the links the very first one 1 minute in is CLEARLY FMV clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvhQYj98xk seriously? These are in rendered? These VHS fully animate people? lol, ok.

I did saw your links. The intro for AVENGER and THE LEGEND OF HEROES. If you think that's FMV then you're clearly confused.

They're just barely animated in-game generated cutscenes. Even old PC adventure games on Japanese PC  systems had cutscenes like those.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TigerSuperman

Panzer_Zwei

I did saw your links. The intro for AVENGER and THE LEGEND OF HEROES. If you think that's FMV then you're clearly confused.

They're just barely animated in-game generated cutscenes. Even old PC adventure games on Japanese PC  systems had cutscenes like those.

You are ignoring the link I just posted which was the first link I posted before. Also, I included games that had FMV in them just because they are not in the start does not mean they don't have them, but that is beside the point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvhQYj98xk is the first link, this came out before sewer shark in 92. Also you forgot about the Cd-I as well, but I don't blame you really.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] It's clear you did not look at the links the very first one 1 minute in is CLEARLY FMV clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvhQYj98xk seriously? These are in rendered? These VHS fully animate people? lol, ok.TigerSuperman

You are ignoring the link I just posted which was the first link I posted before. Also, I included games that had FMV in them just because they are not in the start does not mean they don't have them, but that is beside the point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvhQYj98xk is the first link, this came out before sewer shark in 92. Also you forgot about the Cd-I as well, but I don't blame you really.

I'm sorry I have flash disabled on this machine to avoid bothersome ads, so I can't watch some youtube videos.

But the videos I did saw : AVENGER, THE LEGEND OF HEROES, and HELLFIRE are not FMV. That much I can assure you.

Also, I think I did pointed out that it was the wiki that said it was the first game to use game on home consoles that used FMV for its primary gameplay mechanics.

The CD-I only came out like two months before the MEGA-CD, so I wouldn't imply it's an older system if that was your point.

We could go back to the Laser Disc Players from the 80's if that's the case. Those had the really first ever FMV games. But that's not the case here.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TigerSuperman

Panzer_Zwei

I'm sorry I have flash disabled on this machine to avoid bothersome ads, so I can't watch some youtube videos.

But the videos I did saw : AVENGER, THE LEGEND OF HEROES, and HELLFIRE are not FMV. That much I can assure you.

Also, I think I did pointed out that it was the wiki that said it was the first game to use game on home consoles that used FMV for its primary gameplay mechanics.

The CD-I only came out like two months before the MEGA-CD, so I wouldn't imply it's an older system if that was your point.

We could go back to the Laser Disc Players from the 80's if that's the case. Those had the really first ever FMV games. But that's not the case here.

Sewer shark came out in 1992, Cd-I came out in 1991 and had games in 1991 that were FMV dependent, which is what we were talking about, not sure why you think I was talking about age. The Wikipedia page also has "citation needed" and the video I gave you that you can't watch, and I can't blame you for the ads, is FMV as well. The CD-I has a game where the whole point is a video recorded character, but at the same time, it;s the CD-I so i would not expect anyone to know what games that thing had.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GaussRiemann

Sewer Shark on PC, before October 92, when barely anyone had Cd-Rom? Riiight. I guess Metroid was originally made by Atari for 2600 ...

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GaussRiemann

Sewer shark came out in 1992, Cd-I came out in 1991 and had games in 1991 that were FMV dependent, which is what we were talking about, not sure why you think I was talking about age. .

Which games do you mean?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TigerSuperman

Sewer Shark on PC, before October 92, when barely anyone had Cd-Rom? Riiight. I guess Metroid was originally made by Atari for 2600 ...

GaussRiemann
You're basically telling me PC's had no CD use before 1992 which makes no logical sense.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

TigerSuperman

You're basically telling me PC's had no CD use before 1992 which makes no logical sense.

No, I don't, you just don't get it.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TigerSuperman

GaussRiemann

Pc before 92 when barely anyone had CD-rom. So you are telling me barely any games were on CD on the PC before 1992?
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GaussRiemann

[QUOTE="GaussRiemann"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] You're basically telling me PC's had no CD use before 1992 which makes no logical sense.TigerSuperman

Pc before 92 when barely anyone had CD-rom. So you are telling me barely any games were on CD on the PC before 1992?

No.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TigerSuperman

GaussRiemann

No.

Ok.
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GaussRiemann

lunar eternal blue

lunar silver star

snatcher

dune

dark wizard

sonic cd

third world war

shining force cd

vay

popful mail

secret of monkey island

mansion of hidden souls

rise of the dragon

ecco the dolphin cd

ecco the tides of time

heart of the alien

keio flying squadron

robo aleste

silpheed

soulstar

space adventure

panic!

batman returns

batman and robin

flashback

thunderhawk

bultje112

Ah, yes I forgot about Panic! (aka Switch). Great game if you like the absurd humour of Monty Python animation. :)