What are some of your "unpopular" gaming opinions?

• 57 results
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@kakashiii: There are some opinion that it's shitty advertisement about a terrible game

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#52 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@cejay0813 said:
  1. COD is one the best online multiplayer shooters of all time
  2. DMC remake was better than any Devil May Cry game in the series.... across the board
  3. Nintendo has been a complete failure for me since Nintendo 64
  4. All these battle royale games are extremely overrated

5. Tomb raider reboot was better

6.Doom reboot was to repetitive

7. Turn based games need to be deleted

Oh god yes for #7! I just don't get the popularity of the Persona games which would lead me to 8

8. Persona games are all extremely overrated.

Londmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 Londmen
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Radiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Radiant
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

I usually play online games with a very small group of members. I know everyone there and there's always drama. Girls share their nudes and it spreads out to the whole community. kinda fun.

Salty people never grow up and they live in the game for decades. yea, i don't know why i still play it :p

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I agree with almost everything you said here, I hate both GOG and keyboard and mouse (which are probably in of themselves unpopular opinions) but agree with just about everything else.

@RSM-HQ said:

Bioware can tell stories but not make fun games.

Fallout 3 is the worst Bethesda game I've had the pleasure of playing.

Vanquish is the best cover based shooter ever made.

Tekken 7 is a disgrace to the franchise.

Openworld games are usually an excuse for lazy/ bad level design.

Sony could learn from Microsoft/ let people play older games without a paywall.

Uncharted 3 is the worst Uncharted game, attempts to capitalise on U2s success and became a bloated mess.

GoG is better than Steam.

The Last of Us gameplay has much to be desired.

Mods don't make all games better.

Switch needs a better battery. It's barely a handheld.

God of War (IV/ Dad of Boi) is not the best God of War game.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the best 2D Platformer developed for a Nintendo console.

I don't think every game is Dark Souls unlike 95% of the internet.

Capcom was never "crap".

Tearaway is one of Sonys best exclusives of all time.

Keyboard and mouse is the best part of P.C. gaming, not checking a FPS counter.

A few of my unpopular opinions:

1) 3d zelda sucks, loved breath of the wild but got bored with just about every other 3d zelda game including ocarina of time which I tried to play tons of times and got bored of it everytime

2) Final Fantasy 7 is the most over rated game of all time, it is a good game, but does not deserve the massive praise and fanboyism it gets. IMO the ps1 final fantasies got better with each entry so... FF9> FF8 > FF7

3) Dreamcast sucks and it gave Sega the death it deserved, this should not be an unpopular opinion since dreamcast was massively unpopular and died shortly after its release, but years of hype from the cult of sonic have turned this once mainstream opinion into an unpopular one.

4) Mighty no 9 was a great game and a very worthy successor to the mega man franchise.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts
@pook99 said:

I hate keyboard and mouse (which are probably in of themselves unpopular opinions)

Unlike a few here on this thread getting all upset over each opinions; have absolutely no problem with you disliking that, we all have different tastes after all. For the majority play games on a gamepad or stick anyhow so see your angle on preference, namely because I mostly play my console or handheld over my P.C.

However, for me most games played on P.C. are shooters or games with an overview (RTS/ GS/ SRPG), in which a gamepad comes across as 'clunky' by default.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

.1. The most important thing about being a gamer, is to have fun in what you do, it may sound popular but believe me the amount of people I know...

2. Not playing games that are mainstream, e.g Kingdom of Loathing does not mean that you are not a "proper" gamer.

3. Skill has nothing to do with the passion of someones hobby, calling someone a non gamer because they have a lack of skill does not make sense. "Gamers" are called gamers because they play games, whether they're crap or good.

4. In fact the spectrum of "hardcore" and "casual" and "proper" and "pro" etc is ridiculous. Stick to gamer or a person who plays videogames.

5. 2-4 hours of gaming is the perfect time. Short bursts can even help you focus a bit better (this is because I tend to lose my focus and sense of purpose, not for any other reason)

6. A good story, is a good game.

8. The amount of fun I have had on ROBLOX: Kingdom Life game is unimaginable. :)

9. I prefer to play most games solo and believe solo is better than online gaming.

10. Often games that try to take into consideration serious topics but end up failing as it is more about engaging the player with some random stuff.

11. Princess Peach needs to hire a security guard, a plumber won't do.

gh87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gh87
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts
  1. Final Fantasy X is dull and difficult. Tidus's running is subpar at best compared to Noctis's in FFXV.
  2. Final Fantasy II (the real II, not to be confused with the other US "II" ;) ) is surprisingly sweet and decent, and its unique battle system is severely underrated.
  3. SaGa Frontier 1 looks more charming and has better battle music tracks than Final Fantasy VII
  4. The experience points system makes RPGs look dull and less innovative. I want something like FFII and SaGa games.
  5. 3D-platformers and 360-degree platformers are not the same, and people should use "360-degree" instead of "3D"
  6. I like cel-shaded 360-degree platformers. For example, The Simpsons Game... which isn't that great, unfortunately