What 3rd party gaming accesories company do you trust the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By jcknapier711

Poll What 3rd party gaming accesories company do you trust the most? (7 votes)

Logitech 86%
Saitek 0%
Thrustmaster 0%
Nyko 0%
Mad Catz 0%
Razor 14%
Steelseries 0%
Hori 0%
Other (please specify) 0%

I'm just curious what brands of controllers and other peripherals people trust. Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony do not count, because they are first party, not third party.

• 
barrybarryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 barrybarryk
Member since 2012 • 488 Posts

It depends on the product really but most of the "gaming" branded peripherals are just a con. They take an existing product, make it black and neon (or some other ridiculously clichéd gamer look) , and jack up the margin. Apart from gaming specific companies, like Razor, who just only sell the high margin offerings. I threw my vote in for logitech because they make some solid PC peripherals that have never let me down (Just like Microsoft have some great Mouse and Keyboard sets).

For consoles, I pretty much only buy first party kit, apart from fight sticks I just make myself.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

Logitech made my PC a complete set,without it,I don't know if my PC would last long enough with "cheap but fake" apparatus

I should also include Altec Lansing for my speakers

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I find Logitech to be of fairly high quality.

jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

@barrybarryk said:

For consoles, I pretty much only buy first party kit,

Same. I bought a PS3 controller just for my PC. I don't really trust 3rd party.

I bought a Thrustmaster gamepad once for my PC. It was awesome. Well, until it broke apart in my hands plays Ys Oath of Felghana. I was on the last boss, and it was the first game I really played the whole way through with it. The plastic just crumbled. I was like, WTF? what cheap piece of stuff. I never even tossed it around out of frustration the way I did my old NES and SNES controllers way back in the day. Never broke the NES pads, but I did crack a SNES one though. But at least that still worked afterwards and I did smash it against the floor pretty hard. Unlike the Thrustmaster that just sort of crumbled into dust while just playing a game.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I've simply had too many bad ones over the years. I won't buy any third party kit without extensive product research. And even then, I'd prefer to be able to hold one in my hands before laying down the money.

Fighting Sticks are slightly better in that they are premium devices and are expected to be built with precision in mind. Hori is OK, MadCatz is OK too. I'd own a fight stick from either of them.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#6  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I don't trust any of them. I've had countless bad experiences with third-party controllers in the past (many were busted right of the box) to write off ever buying anything third-party ever again. Or at least not without extensive research and guarantee that they'll work.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I guess I'm a Logitech junkie......

Logitech Extreme 3D joystick for my flight sims (PC) - so-so. But, it works adequately enough for me.

Logitech G25 driving wheel n pedals - great peripheral and it works great with both PC and PS3.

Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard combos (several) - works fine for single-player in most cases.

Logitech T650 touchpad - something I bought for times when I want to use Metro in Windows 8.

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers - I don't care what people say. Mine's from 2005 and it still sounds great. The so-called lack of mid-ranges seemed to have been remedied after a bit of tweaking in Windows. That or the sub being under my solid wood desk helped.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, for controllers its all orginal.

Other gear its all logitech except for my mouse which is razor.

marco1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By marco1k1
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts

Gotta give Logitech the vote here, granted I don't own any 3rd party accessories for my consoles currently, if I ever planned on buying one it'd be from them.