vVv Final Fantasy XIII vVv

This topic is locked from further discussion.

synister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 synister
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts

I wish Final Fantasy would revert a little back to the old style where the graphics didn't over power the storyline and gameplay. If a severe downgrade of graphics was needed to make a game good again and longer than an hour then I would gladly take it.

eregol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 eregol
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts

I understand where you're coming from, but at the end of the day as long as gameplay isn't sacrificed I don't mind if the game looks fabulous.

The two best rpgs I played for a long time were Zelda: Wind Waker and Dragon Quest on the PS2 (Can't remember the number, was it number 8?) and they were cell shaded, but the looked fantastic, played well, and were brilliantly written and animated.

If the calibre is just as good as those then I'm all for the look being as they want it.

CrysisRX-CHN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CrysisRX-CHN
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

I hear somepeople that story is the reason of play Final Fantasy series in Europe or U.S.A .

But some productors said: Graphic is the key of success.

So U.S.A or European players only play games about gun,car,ball.

I hope your dreams come ture. Of course, if SQUARE ENIX think about it.

synister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 synister
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts
Well it is just my opinion on what I like to play. I guess if I were looking to make a game and make money it would have to be what quickly accomplishes that goal. I enjoy the games now but they are not worth the money people spend on them, they are too short and even though the graphics are great the whole point of losing yourself in the story is basically.. well LOST!
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
I am part of the story crowd but graphics are very nice to have. Some of the older games look outdated now but at the time their graphics were impressive and represented a significant amount of time invested in them to make them look that way. I dont think its possible to neglect one aspect and come out with a good product, top games are well-rounded in all aspects, so thats what developers should aspire to creating.