VR for Christmas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I have noticed that VR industry is advertising like crazy.

are you getting a new headset?

My sisters family who I would not call 'gamers' got one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

No I won’t be getting any VR headset myself. I found them cool for about 15 minutes but ultimately when I want to game I just want to sit down in front of a standard tv with a standard controller.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

No I won’t be getting any VR headset myself. I found them cool for about 15 minutes but ultimately when I want to game I just want to sit down in front of a standard tv with a standard controller.

I understand that, for me its similar only its more like 30 mins.

I think the problem is content, there is not compelling content the pull one in for hours

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Nah, not this year. I'd be interested to try it out though. For me as you've said above it's because there's not as much content as I'd like their to be given the price you pay for the initial headset too.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I was looking into some sorter of VR but I get sick. I went to a VR convention when they were showcasing think it was oculus and it wasn't for me.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Not for Christmas but I picked up a couple new ones on Black Friday deals. I upgraded to the Vive Pro (headset only) for $100 off down to $700. I also got the Samsung Odyssey + which is an upgraded version of the Samsung Odyssey I have now for $300 (down from $500).

-Byshop

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Got PSVR and it is definitely the coolest thing. 7 month later I still have fun with the thing, worth the money

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Bought an Oculus Rift a few months ago, I don't use it a lot but I really enjoy it. Great for flight sims that incorporate VR (Elite: Dangerous, DCS World, etc).

A lot of the games made specifically for VR are pretty good, too. Only downside is a lot of them are not made with solid production values, so mechanically they are all right, but there's a certain cheesiness to the visuals that sort of reduces the impressiveness of VR. Still great fun, though; Superhot VR is simply incredible, and the Robo Recall games was a pretty good packaged title.

Just gotta get rid of that screen door effect! lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

My Oculus is in the closet got mine in 2016 played the hell out of it not only official Rift games but also using Vorpx to play old games in VR which is a trip. Playing the original F.E.A.R. in VR was a dream come true and flying in GTAV looking over downtown was epic. But I feel I got my VR fix for now. I'm still interested in future VR headsets but I want much more graphical power and wider FOV with haptic gloves, wireless. I have high standards for the next gen VR headset I'm fine with skipping it and waiting for the gen after that. The future of VR that I want is going to take awhile but I got a taste of VR and still believe it's the future. The tech just needs to improve and the games.