This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE NEW CLAS-SIC GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

April 28, 2008
There's one new game for the Virtual Console™ this week - and it's a double. Double Dragon™ is a true action-fighting cIassic. This side-scroller brought the arcade original into the home and laid the groundwork for numerous sequels. It'll get your nostalgia engine fired up. Now go put the hurt on some bad guys and save Marian.

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Double Dragon (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated Everyone 10+ — Mild Violence, 500 Wii Points): Double Dragon begins with Billy Lee's girlfriend, Marian, being kidnapped by a group called the Black Warriors. They demand to know the secrets of Billy's martial-arts styIe in exchange for his girlfriend. However, Billy won't stand for these underhanded tactics and decides to rescue her himself. Help him fight through city streets, buildings, jungles, temples and various other locations in a quest to find his girl. He'll gain experience by using different fighting techniques to obtain more hearts, which will unlock more powerful techniques to use against his enemies. Keep an eye out for crates, boulders, whips, bats, knives and even dynamite along the way, as Billy can also use them to annihilate opponents. Armed with his mysterious and powerful martial arts, help Billy pummel his way through an array of goons, gang members and other Black Warrior scum to free Marian from their clutches.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
I want Earthbound more than anything.

Or Dracula X.

:(
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Greeeaaattt... Now give me BattleToads/Double Dragon...

...or at least BattleToads...

...Oh! ...and EarthBound...

...before Oilers comes in here and asks for it anyway...

...KThnxBye!

Phantom_Leo
Wouldn't that be odd if they released all 3 versions of that one day? The only one I've played is the SNES version of that game, and as easy as it was, I had a lot of fun with it.
Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts
Only one game week? :? Man, it's going take them forever to release Pilotwings 64! :cry:
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I think I'll pass on this one. I can get an enhanced version on XBLA anyway for the same price.

I'm kind of glad they have really slowed down on the releases for VC, at least for now, because it will give me some time to get caught on all the VC titles released so far that I really want to grab.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

No VC. No Wii. This is GTA week...I mean month...I mean....you know. *twitchs*

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371

SteelAttack
You really need to get a Wii and GTAIV. BTW I'm doing this post via my Wii right now. This is so cool, Wiiiiiiiii!
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SteelAttack
[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]

Archangel3371

You really need to get a Wii and GTAIV. BTW I'm doing this post via my Wii right now. This is so cool, Wiiiiiiiii!

:lol:

What I really need is that damn USB ethernet adaptor for the Wii. I should have gotten that thing ages ago, but I'm like the procrastination god. Not that the Wii was going to have too much gaming time this week, anyway. Got Endless Ocean a couple days ago, BTW, and it's really cool. :D

Wiiii!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="SteelAttack"]

SteelAttack

:lol:

What I really need is that damn USB ethernet adaptor for the Wii. I should have gotten that thing ages ago, but I'm like the procrastination god. Not that the Wii was going to have too much gaming time this week, anyway. Got Endless Ocean a couple days ago, BTW, and it's really cool. :D

Wiiii!

Oh yeah you already got Wii. I just picked up the USB LAN adapter and some points to go shopping with. I'm just having alot of fun messing around with my new system right now. I got Brawl yesterday and picked up Galaxy today. Thankyou income tax! Anyway I'd like to grab some VC titles but don't know which ones I want to start out with yet.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SteelAttack

Oh yeah you already got Wii. I just picked up the USB LAN adapter and some points to go shopping with. I'm just having alot of fun messing around with my new system right now. I got Brawl yesterday and picked up Galaxy today. Thankyou income tax! Anyway I'd like to grab some VC titles but don't know which ones I want to start out with yet.Archangel3371

Oh man. I'm not into SSB so I can't really say anything about it, but you're in for a real treat with Galaxy.

Regarding the bolded part, I guess Leo could help a bit there.

-OmegaKnight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -OmegaKnight-
Member since 2002 • 22957 Posts
You will ne

...KThnxBye!

Phantom_Leo

You will never see Battletoads on VC. Rare owns the IP to it so if it makes a comeback, it'll be on XBLA.

ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts
Wow, one game. Pretty much the only thing that's worse than two crappy games. :?
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

...KThnxBye!

Phantom_Leo

I want Earthbound more than anything.

Or Dracula X.

:(EmilioDigsIt

It seems I need not even mention, as per tradition, the name of Earthbound in this thread. Yep... I shall refrain from mentioning how utterly evil Nintendo is for not putting out Earthbound. And how disappointing it is to see only one or two games every week. Nope... not a word.