Types of gamers that bother you...

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

See I really do not like it when I see those gamers who hate every game -- to seem like a good/strict critics. There is nothing wrong with being strict or even meticulous about the little details in games, but we all know when that reaches extremes. Everyone knows there are flaws in games, but there are also merits and some people cannot seem to weigh those out properly.

Does anyone else notice this with some game critics and forum goers alike?

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

I hate it when people think they have to beat games 100% even if there is no reward at the end. Why do they feel they have to prove themselves to others? Its a bit immature and kinda shows you have a low self-esteem. Same diffrece with Achievements and Trophies.

Im not afraid to admit that I can not beat my games on Hard mode or get 100% just for the sake of it, nor do I want too. Its too much work for nothing in return. Im happy just completing the storymodes and unlocking any secrets or easter eggs I might come across.

TheGamersGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheGamersGhost
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I find myself to be pretty critical of games, but can also find the fun in games that just aren't really that good. Take a look at Earth Defense Force 2017 - one of the most simplistic, lackluster games I've laid my hands on, yet I love it so. I even find myself falling in love with games that the general public find subpar. I do believe that MOST games have some saving grace behind them, be it within the gameplay or the story. I'm willing to choke through miserable gameplay if the story is in depth enough and vice versa. Very rarely have I found a game that I just didn't find worth playing at all. What I've come to find is a big pet peeve of mine is gamers that will automatically right off a game simply because it doesn't have a multiplayer aspect to it. I find myself willing to give up the chance of playing with another person / other people to ensure the developer puts more time and effort into the single player story. For instance, a game like Heavy Rain will hold my interest over something like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
I dont really care if people are critical of games, becuase i usually like games that dont get great reviews. I hate gamers that take GamerScore so seriously that they insult those with lower scores, or brag about how high there own score is.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

I hate it when people refer to themselves as "gamers" instead of saying that they play video games. It is one thing to read it, but whenever I hear somebody use the word in real life and it isn't about gambling, I have a physical reaction and twitch a bit. Really, we can all do better.

Dekonizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Dekonizer
Member since 2009 • 507 Posts

7 year olds who think they're pro because they got a double kill with a rocket launcher

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

People who when you say to them you want a game but cant afford it, and then they buy it just for the sake of having it and Don't play it.

Avatar image for BattleforAzerot
BattleforAzerot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleforAzerot
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts

I actually like to get achievements , but as soon as they begin to get too hard to achieve i just quit trying to get them.There is no point getting mad over a pixels on a screen.The only difference there will be , is that few gray pixels on your steam account will turn from grey to colorful.

I myself dont play most of the big names that come to market , even if i have the platform they come to and a money to buy them.I prefer to have a few good games rather than motherload of games whatever that you can get your hands on.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Gamers that don't know **** These are the type of gamers that buy some of the worst games out there. Be it because of the name, or some celebrity being featured in the game they will buy it. These ignorant gamers also ignore some of the best games out there because the games aren't advertised well enough or they don't do any research.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
The cheaters.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

See I really do not like it when I see those gamers who hate every game -- to seem like a good/strict critics. There is nothing wrong with being strict or even meticulous about the little details in games, but we all know when that reaches extremes. Everyone knows there are flaws in games, but there are also merits and some people cannot seem to weigh those out properly.

Does anyone else notice this with some game critics and forum goers alike?

thedude-

Yeah I notice it too, even wrote a blog about persnickety gamers and how petty they can be sometimes.

I hate it when gamers blaze through games like Bioshock 2 and say there's nothing good about 'em. I'm sure the devs worked very hard on games like those and they deserve at least some praise even if some gamers don't love them with all their hearts.

I also dislike the kinds of gamers who put too much importance on trophy count and gamerscore as if they have the right to judge you by them, and are always asking for your psn id or gamertag when you criticise a game they like.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Pc gamers that jump in conversation about console games only to claim their so-called superiority.

KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts
Gamers that smell bad.
iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

I hate it when people think they have to beat games 100% even if there is no reward at the end. Why do they feel they have to prove themselves to others? Its a bit immature and kinda shows you have a low self-esteem. Same diffrece with Achievements and Trophies.

Im not afraid to admit that I can not beat my games on Hard mode or get 100% just for the sake of it, nor do I want too. Its too much work for nothing in return. Im happy just completing the storymodes and unlocking any secrets or easter eggs I might come across.

wildcat2000

Here mate you should build a bridge and get over it. Whats wrong with completing a game 100% even if you dont get a reward at the end? If there were alot more people that had that outlook then developers would sit up and take notice and probably dumb down their games. Low self esteem? Your the one here belittling completionists.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I hate gamers who sing in the mic on XBL or PSN.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
no kidding. I hate gamers who only want to play multiplayer games and like to argue that they are the best of all time, even the single player usually blows on those games
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I'll take a gamer who wants to finish a game 100% over one that just plays his games on easy/normal and then complains that the game was too easy/didn't have enough things to do/etc because they were too lazy to take the time to experience all that the game had to offer. At least the guy who tries to get 100% gets to fully enjoy the games he is playing.

dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

Elitists gaming snobs who take all this WAY to seriously. you know who you are!

-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
gamers who care about graphics way to much. example. "I'm not going to buy this amazing game, the graphics are crappy. Instead Ill buy this terrible game, at least it'll look pretty"
1zenron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 1zenron1
Member since 2010 • 672 Posts
I hate any person who plays CoD, and talks about it ALL the time. It drives me crazy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Sometimes gamer talk bothers me. The word "fail" seems to pop up way to often these days. It reminds me of the teenage girl mall-speak. Not the word itself, but the fact that it's being used because it is the current hip thing to do.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thedude-

Gamers that don't know **** These are the type of gamers that buy some of the worst games out there. Be it because of the name, or some celebrity being featured in the game they will buy it. These ignorant gamers also ignore some of the best games out there because the games aren't advertised well enough or they don't do any research.

majadamus
Those are called soft core or middle gamers. The are the biggest audience on the PS3 and 360.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

The guy who could care less about how a game plays as long as it's pretty, and won't play anything without good graphics.

The fake "hardcore" guy who thinks playing bloody M rated games makes him mature and playing a Mario game makes him immature.

And the "only online matters" guy

Also the overcompetitive types in online games who can't just have fun playing a game, they have to act as if it's life or death.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

hackers, who think winning is more important than fun, and therefore hack so that they win and ruin the fun for everybody else.

People that think Nintendo is a kiddy company.

elitists/fanboys of games/game systems.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedude-

Please do not misunderstand, I am extremely critical of games myself, but the people who will look at a game that has a couple minor bugs and claim its "broken" even when the overall package could be amazing are going to far.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I think being objective is not as simple as it sounds. I for myself get carried away sometimes, but I have no problem admitting a game is good even if I personally don't like it. I don't particularly like God of War, for instance, but I acknowledge it as one of the highest examples of the action game genre. Not to offend anyone, but there's a reviewer here on gamespot who likes to bash every game he reviews and I guess he thinks that makes him look professional. It doesn't really work man.
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thedude-

I think being objective is not as simple as it sounds. I for myself get carried away sometimes, but I have no problem admitting a game is good even if I personally don't like it. I don't particularly like God of War, for instance, but I acknowledge it as one of the highest examples of the action game genre. Not to offend anyone, but there's a reviewer here on gamespot who likes to bash every game he reviews and I guess he thinks that makes him look professional. It doesn't really work man.Black_Knight_00
Exactly, it does not make your tastes seem intelligent or experienced, it just makes you a hater.

It is the same thing as being way too lenient on games. Some reviewers and by extension gamers will give big proven franchises an easy break because they simply retain what was good in the previous installment or they will be too forgiving on an artsy niche indy product because they respect what the developer is doing.

It really is all about objectivity and there are plenty of extremes to fall into that skew this.

Our gaming industry is filthy with this problem.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
The one's who constantly spurt out racist remarks.
sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

definitely achieviement whores.

getting 100% and replaying your fav games is fine, im talking about the people who care more about their gamerscore than the games they actuallyplay.

example - if they get 100% gamerscore the game is redundant, they'll never play it again. if a game has no achieviements they feel its worthless to play.

and when they play online they are always trying to get the collectables, kill count, weapons or whatever achieviements. love it or hate it cod mordern warfare 1+2 did the right thing in having no online achieviements.

i know quite a few people like this.

im not against achieviements they can make a nice addition to some games. its the people that are obsessed with them that irritates me.

Soko77788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Soko77788
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

I have a roomate that i really can't stand sometimes because he just recently got an xbox this year and he doesn't really have many games. So when i'm done with my games i usually let him have a crack at them. I let one friend last year borrow the original Gears of War cause he never played it. He turned it on and did like 2 things in the training session and turned it off. Then yesterday i let a different roomate play half-life 2 and turned off after like 20min cause he didn't have a gun. I mean give the game a chance.... ALSO people who play through a game with an amazing story and have no idea what happened cause they never payed attention.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Gamers who don't give games with negative reviews a chance because they believe everything they hear about the game. They say a certain game sucks and they don't even bother to try it themselves.

Asemco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Asemco
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

wildcat2000

A lot of times, it's the feeling of...completeness. People don't always strive to 100% a game to be like, "Omg! I > U!", Unless they clearly put it in their sig. (Unless it's Ghost's and Goblins. That's when you gotta put that crap in ur sig.) A lot people do it because they don't like to start something without finishing it.

OT: Gamers that I hate are the ones that talk crap while they suck. There was this one cod game...I won't go into details but, Me 26-5, him 8-12.

GAMBIT1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GAMBIT1551
Member since 2010 • 384 Posts
Fanboys to one console are the worst and disgust me. Don't get me wrong you can prefer one console over another but don't hate on everything else because your console is so "superior"
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

Asemco

A lot of times, it's the feeling of...completeness. People don't always strive to 100% a game to be like, "Omg! I > U!", Unless they clearly put it in their sig. (Unless it's Ghost's and Goblins. That's when you gotta put that crap in ur sig.) A lot people do it because they don't like to start something without finishing it.

Well I see what your saying. Its just sometimes I see people saying stuff like "Im gona prove to everyone I can beat [Insert really hard game]". For me though its just like I said, Im happy just beating the story.

Too the person that said I was belittling completionists, I didnt mean it quite like that, guess it came across the wrong way. Its just for me I dont bother doing all that extra stuff if theres no bonus at the end. I only do extra challenges if they unlock a cool secret or something.

FAMASWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FAMASWarrior
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts
I hate when you have someone that thinks they can sing and they think it will be smart to test their skills on Xbox Live.
BoredGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BoredGames
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

The hyper critical kind who can't see the forest for the trees. If the level scaling or loot system isn't perfect, then apparently the entire game sucks,

Apologists for games that up the scale in terms of graphics but have limited gameplay.

People who rate anything that includes a new or original gameplay element, even if it doesn't happen to be that interesting.

People who like fighting games, sport sims or pure puzzlers.

kane1511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kane1511
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts

People that hack games to be higher level and other things and people who you kill online and feel its ok to send abusive messages about how you suck.

A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Fanboys to one console are the worst and disgust me. Don't get me wrong you can prefer one console over another but don't hate on everything else because your console is so "superior"GAMBIT1551

This.

Can't we all just get along?

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#40 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

People who take online games seriously I don't I like to have fun.

Team Killers especially people doing it in CO-OP games like Uncharted 2 it gets annoying.

People who miss out on great single player games due to having a bad review and people who miss out on great games even though the graphics aren't great but the gameplay is good. I don't judge a game on it's graphics I'm happy if the gameplay is good.

Then people who judge a game even though they haven't played it and saying a game sucks because it's not on the system they own.

Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

Those people who care only about graphics. They don't care if the game is praised for its' amazing storyline or controls, if it looks less than realistic they wont play it. There are a lot of good games out there, most of which are on classic consoles, but some people just wont touch them. I'll give an example; I was playing MAG the other day, marveling on how well it looked. There were these two guys on mics talking to each other on how this game 'looks like a bunch of crap'. I only laughed, it's got 256 players in one match and you're complaining about graphics!

If people want to look at 'realistic graphics' they shoud put the down the controller, open the door and walk outside. You'll be amazed at what you find.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

What about the original cheaters? The kids on the block that tried to hide the fact they owned a turbo controller.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

People that are rude over the mic. One time when I was playing CoD:MW2, this guy complimented this other guy on a good round, and made a friendly joke. He chuckled in a friendly way at the end of his joke. Then, the 14 year old mic idiot he was talking to spent 5 minutes mocking his laugh.

Get some manners!

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#44 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

7 year olds who think they're pro because they got a double kill with a rocket launcher

Dekonizer

This. Happens all the time in FPS games, and when you pwn them with a pistol or knife, they'll go WTF HACKER!!!! Sometimes I wish I could punch them through the screen.

Aside from that, stuck up elitists. Those tier discussions from the SSB games...a pure example.

BioFantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BioFantasy
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Gamers who believe camping in Halo is pro.....

^This is my#1 Gripe of any gamer. I hate camping like the next guy, but Ive grown ok of it in MW2. But if you Camp in Halo or any other game besides War based games, put the controller down and quit games. You lose

Magnol49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Magnol49
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

'Gamers' that cry when a game like Dragon Age (or any single player game) doesn't have a pointless multiplayer mode.

Online gamers who serve no purpose other than to try and ruin someone else's enjoyment of that game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Not really a gripe. But, people should quit insisting on using the words, "The best game of all time" or "The best game ever". Please quit using those words. They make it sound like video-gaming is coming to an end.

The proper way is, "The best game so far" or limit the scope.

wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

Not really a gripe. But, people should quit insisting on using the words, "The best game of all time" or "The best game ever". Please quit using those words. They make it sound like video-gaming is coming to an end.

The proper way is, "The best game so far" or limit the scope.

jun_aka_pekto

In either way you say it, it's bs. You can't make an absolute statement about subjective opinions. But people who claim that a high score game released in the first 2 months of the year has to be game of the year are definetely a little stupid.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Elitest time.. I can't really talk because I do have an elitest bone in me but people who are Elitest but have no right to be it.
Gamers who think they are too good for the game and better then everyone else when we all know they are terrible and get whooped big time by new comers.

Ragnarok-64

Yeah like the people who put "pro" in their gamertags when it's obvious they're not pros.