Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 NinthFall
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

Hi there.

What do you guys think about the upcoming THPS?

We skaters have been long waiting for a new skateboarding game. Originally I fell in love with the THPS series, it became legendary. However, as soon as the EA SKATE games came along, THPS fell short big time.

Basically everyone I know is hoping for a EA SKATE 4, but instead we get this THPS5. Not only does it look bad, which is always something fairly easy to overcome, even though it doesn't even look like a next gen game. But! The gameplay is again the same type of play where you push speed once to jump on a box but end up grinding phone lines 100 miles per hour.

That being said I'll most likely skip this one, despite of really wanting a new SKATE game. What's your thoughts?

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Yeah agreed nothing comes close to SKATE. I did immensely enjoy the old tony hawk games though. Like TH Underground 2 and stuff. They were mad fun even though they were unrealistic. They don't have to make it like SKATE imo. We need some arcadey fun here and then.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

My blood brother was a skater when young and he bring me THPS one time; I think on PS1.

This game was very good and very fun. We was playing with cheat codes and having a lot of fun doing crazy stuff.

I think it's damn good idea to bring the skating scene to a video game with an arcade gameplay.

I'd for sure try this game even if I don't like skating in real and even if I had some problem with my politics opinion: I'm not against skating anymore.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I can't wait. The Tony Hawk games were a big part of my childhood, and seeing it come back has me pumped.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 NinthFall
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

Yes the THPS back in the day was magnificent and I think anyone playing them then will feel some bits of nostalgy even with this new one. And they've already stated they'll bring back some of the most memorable missions, for instance collecting letters in the weirdest places, doing insane combos, etc.

But I also would love a more realistic skating game. They could have a "realistic mode" for THPS, where you could simply free roam or something. Imo that'd be cool as well.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

The nostalgic part of me wants to slap down a preorder. The rational part of me thinks it looks like crap and grew out of the whole skater faze about 15 years ago. So...mixed feelings on that one.