Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

So I'm finally getting around to playing Tomb Raider Reboot as I got it in a Humble Bundle deal not to long ago, is this the type of game play I would find in Uncharted, HZD and such?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

I haven't played HZD, but Tomb Raider is definitely like an open world Uncharted.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Tomb Raider feels similar to Horizon Zero Dawn only because of "Strong woman uses a bow". They play different, and Tomb Raider is much easier than Horizon. Yes, on Tomb Raider there are crafting and leveling up, but it is not an open world game. Sure, you have open areas, but they are small and linear.

Tomb Raider plays more like Uncharted. Like Uncharted, there are those cinimatic pieces with "platforming", and pazzeles. Like Uncharted, they are easy, very easy. Unlike Uncharted, in Tomb Raider there are crafting and leveling up.

I'd say that if you search something between Horizon and Uncharted, Tomb Raider is something in the middle. It is harder than Uncharted, but still easy compared to Horizon. It plays more like Uncharted, but has strong girl with bow and crafting like Horizon.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Tomb Raider is a mix of open world and linear. In that its not one giant map, but it has open area's every so often and you can fast travel back to these area's to complete the game (there's challenges and stuff to find). Rise of the Tomb raider is so much better with the openness though.

tonylogan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tonylogan007
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

The 2013 game was really good, but the second one was much better IMO. And yeah, it is very much like Uncharted but with much better gameplay IMHO, there's leveling up, crafting and stuff.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

I guess when I said "open world", what I really meant was backtracking. It all plays out linearly, but you can go revisit locations you have already been before.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I loved rise of the tomb raider