To many games for this life

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamzzee
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

I remember when i were young, the killers hehe not really but anyway i had maybe 1-2 games id play...maybe had resident evil cba with it, pro evo soccer, i loved it and final fantasy and maybe msg on my playstation. Gaming was fun but not all and not so many games.

Now its like tbh from the moment i wake til i go to bed i could play a different game every day and it would fill all my life. Got all my games on steam, got loadsa ps4 games...But mainly pc i got so many games its unreal, from over 15 years.

I picked up games like black flag and the crew and need for speed for like $5 each the other day. I just bought Stalker game for $5..etc....I have 100s of games i want to play

Then u talk about all the games i missed out on like system shock 2 and FFX that are way old but one can still play easily now.

THen you have games like skyrim and fallout which you could replay many times over in many ways and have the desire to also same with Deus ex and MGS, half life etc....get urges to play them again.

Then u got online shooters which never end until the sequel comes out COD, R6, BF etc..so thats even more gaming hrs per day which can prevent u playing the Single player games..

Then we have sports games like FIFA and NBA which also have infinite time of play.

Seriously its insanse the access we have to so many great games at any moment these days.

I remember when i only had my playstation and few games id often be watching boring tv programs and movies..that never happens now.im probably gaming online with my mates

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Yeah, I pretty much dedicate 90% of my free time to playing video games. They're just so many to play, and I really do want to try and beat them all.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jamzzee

I know i should do other things but damn the urges are so strong

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

The issue is you're asking for too much on your palette.

Not playing every game ever made is the same as eating every food recipe made, or read every book ever written. It's ever growing and that is just the way of the world.

Just take what interests you the most, and go from there.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jamzzee

I do but i love it all haha same with food, indian, chinese, mexican, japanese, thai, spanish, italian....then within those categories even more options lol, bolognase, lasange, carbonara, red thai curry, green thai curry, pad thai etc lol...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

The issue is you're asking for too much on your palette.

Not playing every game ever made is the same as eating every food recipe made, or read every book ever written. It's ever growing and that is just the way of the world.

Just take what interests you the most, and go from there.

Sure I work all the time, I have a 8 year old Daughter to take care of but despite all of that, I still find a way to play everything I can get my hands on. I own all the current-gen consoles and PC so I won't miss anything comes my way. Is it hard to try playing and finishing all these games? Yes but I do find the time to play them all and try to beat them all. It's all about managing your time and day to get your life smooth as possible.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@davillain-: See, I don't like to think gaming as busy work but rather as leisure. Depends on the commitment you have as a gamer. The rare exception I make for beating games quickly, is a rivalry-factor for certain titles with a group of friends, but otherwise take my sweet time. & it's rare (one/ two games a year) I will beat a new game on the week it launches.

At any rate I commend your commitment to such completion & organized feats. But believe my message is intended to factor a more realistic goal of time and dedication most gamers will have.

Razrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#8 Razrabbit
Member since 2013 • 166 Posts

I always feel weird complaining about having too many games to play. If only I could travel back in time 20 years, back when I was sitting on the floor in front of the tv with my super nintendo, whining about having 'nothing to play', so I could say

"Dude, its gonna be alright. One day, you're gonna have every single game you've ever wanted. Yes, all of them. All of the games. You're gonna have so many videogames that you're gonna be bored of them because you don't know what to play."

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

Yes, the threads in system wars about console x has no games are ridiculous. If you have 5 or 6 games you have plenty to play. The average individual game in present times offers so much content not even including online. These are good time to have the video game hobby.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

In my case, I don't play all games of the catalogue. I have plenty of time to play all games that interest me.

Right now, there is not a single tittle on Steam that interest me. I've try them all. All that interest me.

Leon-Strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 385

User Lists: 2

#12 Leon-Strife
Member since 2016 • 490 Posts

I began prioritizing. There are just too many big games. If you want to play all these open world games (witcher 3, MGS5, etc.) you can say good bye to basically everything else. So, I only play the open world games I really want to play. I skipped Dark Souls 3, MGS5, Assassins Creed and a couple more. Also, I play a lot more smaller titles.

Still, I have to delete a couple of games from my backlog.