James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By James47
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

Am i the only one who thinks Titanfall games has really shitty graphics.

I played once Transformers The Game which was in 2007 and Titanfall has the exact same graphics like the game came out in 2007. Titanfall came out in 2014.

Titanfall 2 also has shitty graphics cause it looks like i'm playing Call Of Duty Black Ops.
Call Of Duty Black Ops came out in 2010. Titanfall 2 came out in 2016.

Titanfall not only doesn't have good graphics, it also doesn't have a campaign at all.
I mean WTF have you done all day Respawn Entertainment. ?

Prove me wrong...

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@james47 said:

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@james47 said:

I think they look bad too kinda of low polygon and slightly look cell shaded.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#4 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Well I don't know about Titanfall one but two is quite good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Titanfall 2 looks much better then the first one but I still thought the first game looked ok. Both games are excellent and I found the sequel better then the first thanks to the great campaign in it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@james47: You base the quality of a game solely on graphics and that's half the issue as I'm seeing it.

Let's use an example of a developer I love to mock because they think graphics>gameplay.

Crytek. A developer who has been facing bankruptcy for years, and for good reason. Many pander back to the days of the original Crysis but even then that's the only passable accomplishment the developer has ever achieved and that was roughly ten years ago.

Mediocre/ bad games with state-of-the-art graphics are still mediocre/ bad games. And no one wants to buy that, and those that do? are very niche to the point it's not profitable, then consider how much it costs for that exceedingly advance technology and the 3D artists to craft such an experience. And favoring that one aspect of a >game< over level design, advancing A.I., performance, input fluidity, concept mechanics is the reason Crytek is a joke at this point and a good way to point out what the gaming industry doesn't need.

But back onto Titanfall 2, the game is well regarded to play great, and be fun due to its gameplay and variety. That thing that's important to a lot of gamers.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By James47

@goodzorr:

Why is that, have you seen how awful Titanfall 1 is for a 2014 game, i mean Jesus. Crysis had better graphics than this shit in 2007 man. Every 2014 game was not even close to Titanfall.

Did Forza Horizon 2 looked like shit, NO.
Did Destiny looked like shit, NO.
Did NBA 2K15 looked like shit, NO.
Did FIFA 2015 looked like shit, NO.
Did Far Cry 4 looked like shit, NO.
Did Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare looked like shit, NO.

There are a lot of games that were better than Titanfall, i mean Titanfall was an embarrassment for a 2014 game.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Titanfall 1 DID look terrible, I agree.

Titanfall 2 I thought looked decent, though. Nothing to write home about, for sure. But not horrible. It ran on the Source engine, so... I thought they did a good job with it, considering most Source games look like dog turds.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

graphics whores...they just never seem to go away.

Yeah visually Titanfall 1 was maybe below average and Titanfall 2 was average, but they're great games either way. Criminally underplayed, imo; would have been nice to see Titanfall 2 get the playerbase that Battlefield or COD get.

I wonder if that was EA's plan all along: release Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 at the same time (also at the same time COD Future Warfare came out) in the hope that Titanfall 2 would sell fewer copies, then more or less make it so the studio (Respawn) would have to sell themselves to EA like Westwood Studios and Bioware before them.

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya'!

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By James47

@The_Stand_In:

If i asked you to compare Crysis 3 (2013) with Titanfall 2 (2016) which one you would say it had the best graphics. ?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Some of the best games I've ever played have graphics that are, from a technical stand point, worse than Titanfall 1's graphics, and Titanfall 1 looked just fine.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 James47

@RSM-HQ:

There a lot of types of players, but there are 2 basic types. Those who see the graphics in a game and those who don't care about the graphics. The plot though is still boring for me cause i don't get the juicy part of it.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 James47

@turtlethetaffer said:

Some of the best games I've ever played have graphics that are, from a technical stand point, worse than Titanfall 1's graphics, and Titanfall 1 looked just fine.

You mean Pac-Man... ?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@james47: This seems more like a system wars thread.

But i do agree that Titanfall 1 and 2 are bad games, it´s EA at their worst and they should stick to making The sims and sports games.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts
@james47 said:

Prove me wrong...

the burden of proof is on you making the claim. show us screenshots that prove transformers looks exactly the same as titanfall.

@RSM-HQ said:

@james47: You base the quality of a game solely on graphics and that's half the issue as I'm seeing it.

this. didn't play the first but titanfall 2 looked fine by the way and the campaign is great

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

When it was released, I though that the Titanfall 1 graphics was not that good but at least fluid.

And when the second got released, I though the graphics was much better than the first and correct for our time.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@james47: LISA: The Painful, Etrian Odyssey IV, Hotline Miami 1 and 2, Painkiller Black Edition, the vast majority of the Zelda games but in particular Majora's Mask Wind Waker and Link's Awakening, Pokemon (pick a generation, really but 2 is my favorite), Cry of Fear, Silent Hill 2 and 3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Radiant Historia, Xenoblade Chronicles, Star Wars Battlefront 2, both KOTOR games, Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Fallout 3, Steamworld Heist, Half Life 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, Smash Bros (like Pokemon, pick a game), Dead Space 2, FEAR, Condemned: Criminal Origins, IMSCARED, Close Your Eyes, Corpse Party, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Thief 1 and 2, Super Mario 64 Sunshine Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Mario Bros 3 and World, Super Metroid, all the Nintendo handheld Castlevanias but Aria of Sorrow in particular, Final Fantasy IV and V, Dragon Quest IV- IX, Shovel Knight, Deadbolt, Risk of Rain, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Resident Evil 4, Star Fox 64, all the handheld Kirby games from GBA on (only because those are the main ones I've played), Mario Kart (again, take your pick), Luigi's Mansion, the Zero escape trilogy, Theresia: Dear Emile and Dear Martel, Knights in the Nightmare,Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse.

These are all fantastic games that have technically worse graphics than Titanfall. And I could name many more if need be.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By James47
@Jacanuk said:

But i do agree that Titanfall 1 and 2 are bad games, it´s EA at their worst and they should stick to making The sims and sports games.

What about Battlefield and Need or Speed games, these are good well know games.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By James47

@Macutchi:

Transformers The Game (2007) Gameplay VS Titanfall (2014) Gameplay

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ
@james47 said:

@RSM-HQ:

There a lot of types of players, but there are 2 basic types. Those who see the graphics in a game and those who don't care about the graphics. The plot though is still boring for me cause i don't get the juicy part of it.

Nope, not buying into that.

Those that only want the most advance graphics are still very niche as stated. I've seen more that want a decent story/ premise than the desire you've written. Even then, something like Minecraft and Overwatch, with a tasteful artstyle seems to be a more successful push, aesthetics if you will, beats on those that want a raw technical achievement to sell a game.

So if you stated only two kinds of people existed in the gaming crowd; in relevance to sales and success, state-of-the-art-graphics still wouldn't be a factor to benefit interest of the developers/ publishers pockets, or the gaming market as a whole.

It's a very limited sum that buy into your wanted category, not even close to half the gaming market. Because most would rather enjoy the game than look at a shiny piece of garbage.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi

@james47 said:

@Macutchi:

Transformers The Game (2007) Gameplay VS Titanfall (2014) Gameplay

they prove the opposite of your point you idiot

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By James47
@RSM-HQ said:
@james47 said:

@RSM-HQ:

Nope, not buying into that.

Those that only want the most advance graphics are still very niche as stated. I've seen more that want a decent story/ premise than the desire you've written. Even then, something like Minecraft and Overwatch, with a tasteful artstyle seems to be a more successful push, aesthetics if you will, beats on those that want a raw technical achievement to sell a game.

So if you stated only two kinds of people existed in the gaming crowd; in relevance to sales and success, state-of-the-art-graphics still wouldn't be a factor to benefit interest of the developers/ publishers pockets, or the gaming market as a whole.

It's a very limited sum that buy into your wanted category, not even close to half the gaming market. Because most would rather enjoy the game than look at a shiny piece of garbage.

I said there are a lot types of players not only 2 player.All i'm saying is about the obvious difference between a good game (from the perspective of graphics and plot story) and a bad game that makes the difference.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By James47

@Macutchi:

You try to tell me that Titanfall has not even a single bad graphic that looks like Transformers The Game. ?
Ok, it might not be exactly like Transformers The Game, but the basic fucked up graphics for a 2014 game is not false, anyone can see the difference. You can see also the previous answers on this forum that other people also believe that for a 2014 game the graphics sucks.
You must be the idiot who can't see the obvious difference you Dork.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 James47

@gmak2442:

I agree too about the embarrassment game that was released on 2014 and the graphics was like, "I paid 60$ for this. ?"

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Macutchi

lol

@james47 said:

@Macutchi:

You try to tell me that Titanfall has not even a single bad graphic that looks like Transformers The Game. ?

Ok, it might not be exactly like Transformers The Game, but the basic fucked up graphics for a 2014 game is not false, anyone can see the difference. You can see also the previous answers on this forum that other people also believe that for a 2014 game the graphics sucks.

You must be the idiot who can't see the obvious difference you Dork.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you said

@james47 said:

I played once Transformers The Game which was in 2007 and Titanfall has the exact same graphics

which it clearly doesn't from the videos you posted. that was my point you f*ckin mess

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@james47: Dear god you're stupid.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RSM-HQ

@james47: I think you missed the "if" in my paragraph of gamers, it was a representation nothing factual, never stated you think only two type of gamers exist.

My whole play was for you to humor me and go with the idea that even >if< it was that transparent of what gamers desire, a graphically demanding game over anything you quoted would still be the wanted factor for the majority. Sales and critical acclaim have shown this.

The days when a healthy audience cared for the next big powerhouse game 'visually' died about a decade ago, graphics can improve, sure. And many accept it, but not at the cost of more essential features in games.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Titanfall 1 and 2 are not bad games. If anything Titanfall 2 is EA at its best with the least intrusive microtransactions and free content updates. I feel that most people that hate on Titanfall 2 are just ignorant of what the game actually offers.

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 James47
@vfighter said:

@james47: Dear god you're stupid.

Why is that. ?

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 James47

@Macutchi:

James47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 James47
@doomdizzle said:
@Jacanuk said:

Titanfall 1 and 2 are not bad games. If anything Titanfall 2 is EA at its best with the least intrusive microtransactions and free content updates. I feel that most people that hate on Titanfall 2 are just ignorant of what the game actually offers.

Are you kidding me, Titanfall 1 is only Multiplayer.
Awful graphics.... CHECK.
No campaign.... CHECK.
Multiplayer only.... CHECK.

I mean, Jesus.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@james47 said:
@doomdizzle said:
@Jacanuk said:

Are you kidding me, Titanfall 1 is only Multiplayer.

Awful graphics.... CHECK.

No campaign.... Multiplayer only.... CHECK.

CHECK.

I mean, Jesus.

Good thing I was talking about Titanfall 2 there, keep up. Titanfall 1 was a solid foundation for the second one. Which fixed 2/3rds of your issues there and your first complaint is purely an opinion. For a source game they both look pretty decent.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Macutchi

@james47 said:

@Macutchi:

so let's just get this right.

you claim that titanfall and transformers look exactly the same and ask someone to prove you wrong.

you then go and do that yourself posting videos showing they look very different.

then call me "dork" lol for not being able to tell the difference, when it was you who said they were the same.

at least you found a gif that sums this thread up. look forward to more pearls of gaming wisdom from you in the future

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkTower

tf2 has a great campaign

what are you talking about?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@james47 said:

I played once Transformers The Game which was in 2007 and Titanfall has the exact same graphics like the game came out in 2007. Titanfall came out in 2014.

Titanfall 2 also has shitty graphics cause it looks like i'm playing Call Of Duty Black Ops.

Call Of Duty Black Ops came out in 2010. Titanfall 2 came out in 2016.

Titanfall not only doesn't have good graphics, it also doesn't have a campaign at all.

I mean WTF have you done all day Respawn Entertainment. ?

Prove me wrong...

You lost me at Titanfall vs Transformers.

*Titanfall not only doesn't have good graphics, it also doesn't have a campaign at all*

Then play Titanfall 2's Campaign ya Fool!

All in all, Titanfall was a new thing when this gen started, it was Respawn's testing how the game will do and it became a smashing hit! Respawn listen to fans they want a campaign and guess what, they gave us a campaign in Titanfall 2, a true single player that was so good and the as far as graphics goes, you must've played the console version or the Xbox 360 that is cause the graphics looks amazing on PC.

In other words, your thread is complete BS and you called yourself a gamer?

Cboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cboy95
Member since 2017 • 180 Posts

Will we see an eventual crossover with Overwatch?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@cboy95 said:

Will we see an eventual crossover with Overwatch?

No.