Thoughts on the next COD coming in 2021?

sakid63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 sakid63
Member since 2021 • 3 Posts

I got the chance to play Black Ops 4 and Infinite Warfare today. Both have aged JURASICALLY and I couldn’t help but think: What if the next game was of this futuristic style? I know many dislike this style of the game as Infinite Warfare is one of the most disliked CODs in history, but what are your thoughts on this? I heard some rumors about the next COD being Advanced Warfare 2 (purely RUMORS) I know this is ALSO one of the most disliked CODs in history, but I created this thread to have some discussion on this very thing... What if the game was in the same style of Modern Warfare? Same engine style (Most likely different engine to keep up with modern technology) What if it had the same mechanics and could be the next game that houses Warzone? What do you think?

A: Do you think they could pull of a game of this style?

B: Ideas/Rumors about what the next COD may be?

C: Ideas on what the game may include/features it would have?

D: General discussion about how Warzone could go in relation with a newer futuristic COD.

E: Personal Question; What developer will be in charge of the next game?

(I used the Tag of [COD] because this discussion is meant to be in general as it is discussing the next COD coming in 2021.)

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9555 Posts

A. Modern Warfare was easily my favorite CoD game and it isn't even close. Personally I hope they make MW2 (in the same vein as the most recent MW game).

B. I haven't heard anything, but I hope it's MW2 like I said above. That game was WAY better than Cold War.

C. Just keep evolving the franchise further. Perhaps a little damage to buildings, vehicles, etc. The fact they removed the ability to open and shut doors and things like that in Cold War makes MW feel so much better. I hope they keep those things in the next game and also give us dynamic weather and the ability to turn on/off lights and/or shoot them out. A few set pieces that we can blow up or walls that can be detonated would be cool as well. Map design is so much better in MW than Cold War but it could still be a lot better.

D. I think they should basically start from scratch and introduce a new BR with the new game. New map, guns, and adding the newer mechanics of the new game.

E. MW2 should be made by the same team that made MW.

Just my personal thoughts.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Wish they would make them every other year instead so we can spend a bit more time with the current game.

Especially when so many of us have a backlog. By the time I’ll get around to playing MW, I’ll be two games behind...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8777 Posts

I liked Infinite Warfare and I enjoy futuristic shooters. A new futuristic CoD would be greatly appreciated.

Bobek31234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bobek31234
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

I liked Warzone
https://www.bananki.pl/event/

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1350 Posts

Anybody else gunna call it out? It’s drastically not jurassicaly lol.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

If it’s set in WWII again, I’m looking forward to it. CoD: WWII had one of the best campaigns in years.

If not, I hope they go to a two year cycle instead of annually. I doubt it though.