Thoughts about Parasite Eve

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

I'm currently playing Parasite Eve 1 using psx emulator and I find this game enjoyable most especially the battle system. About the story, I find it a bit complicated since it revolves around the mitochondria or the powerhouse cell, if I were not mistaken and how it affects human/animal mutation.

You can share your thoughts about this game and you can also help me understand the story.

By the way, I love the intro and the music of the game and Aya Brea is an awesome girl.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@rockfield: hey there. Welcome to the site! Please note that for various reasons, advocating console game emulation is not permitted on GS.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

@xantufrog: thanks for the notice. Anyway, share me your thoughts about Parasite Eve.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Remember playing it VERY long ago, and really enjoying the battle system. It and Vagrant Story used the same, IIRC.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@rockfield: Never liked the game, it was Squares answer to jumping on Silent Hills and Resident Evils popularity. Yet remained an RPG as well but nothing special compared to Square Softs other efforts.

So to look at it judgmentally. It's a weak RPG that failed to have the atmosphere or tension found in Konami and Capcoms Horror games.

The only thing Parasite Eve did better was character development, which is something Square are known for. Still, not enough to save the game, and one of the most forgettable PS One classics I've ever played_

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

I've played a bit of Parasite EVE a couple years ago. Got a Resident Evil vibe with it, but iirc I kept wondering where the heck do I go, going to all locations on the map multiple times. I got bored with it after experienced that a few times. I could've used a guide, but that's no fun. Maybe I'll come back to it someday.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

I found Dino Crisis 1 & 2 and Parasite Eve 1 & 2 to be pretty parallel to one another, more than anything else. It was like they were made by the same people.... As in the first of the series was all Resident Evil 1, and the the sequels were both 3rd person shooter, heavy.

Any ways... Parasite Eve was a novel based game that was also a movie... Though the movie was a lot more like a Japanese version of "The Blob". .... at least to me.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I loved both PE games, from the story to the characters and enemies and combat, it was all excellent. I really wish we'd get a true third game for the current consoles.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@vfighter said:

I loved both PE games, from the story to the characters and enemies and combat, it was all excellent. I really wish we'd get a true third game for the current consoles.

You didn't like 3rd birthday?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Don't think I ages parasite Eve, it wasn't really available in UK when it was out.

I remember parasite Eve 2 was closer to resident evil in terms of gameplay.