This racism hullabaloo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrfidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 0

#1 mrfidget
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts

Resident Evil 5 is being released next year, and as you may know, it takes place in Africa. Many people have since been accusing Capcom of being racist for choosing to pop a cap in a black guy's ass, instead of (a more socially acceptable) shooting a white man.(Pardon the joke......and MILD language)

This is ridiculous. It is. It truly is. When the previous RE games took place in the US, or in Spain, nobody called it racism when you were killing White or Spanish zombies. If noticed alot of instances involving black people have the same result: side with the black people.

Take this recent conversation I had with my friend: (starting somewhere in the middle of the conversation)

Me:"......black guy."

Aidan:"Dude, don't say 'black'."

Me:"What? Why not?"

Aidan:"Cuz it's racist."

Me:"How is that racist?"

Aidan:"It just is. You gotta say 'African-American'."

Me:"I don't like saying that. 'Black' has way less syllables."

Aidan:"Racist."

To the white people who read this: Do you REALLY wanna be called Caucasian? I, for one, prefer the term 'White'. And if you agree, then why do you insist that saying 'Black' is racist? I understand nowaday, being a racist is like the worst possible tag you can have. Everyone will hate you. But white people are now SO AFRAID of being tagged a racist, that they insist on treating black people like our superiors. They side with them, never joke with them or pick a fight with them, and NEVER make racist jokes. Racist jokes are the funniest! But now people are afraid to say a racist joke about black people even when there's no black people around! Because you'll never know who might going crying to the nearest black guy tattling.

That's all of my rant. Discuss?

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

I can call my friends black overe here because they're not 'African-American'. From here it looks like African-Americans are very sensative about it, like its a sort of safety blanket or somthing. Then again from our perspective there seems to be a lot more racism in the States too.

I know i dont call my English friends Anglo-Saxon anyway.

Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

As a German,I must be afraid to critic any other color,nationality or stuff like that.I´m always called Nazi anyway.But for real : In GTA:SA it was no problem to shoot "black" aka "negroid" aka "colored" people,but in a game that plays in a African or Africa-like area people start crying...WTF???If you whould make a game where you hunt down black people in Germany,Russia or Poland its ok because they are a really small group of people,but in Africa???Plus does anyone really care if a Zombie is white or black?No they don´t.They see a Zombie and Shoot it not a skin-color.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts

As a German,I must be afraid to critic any other color,nationality or stuff like that.I´m always called Nazi anyway.But for real : In GTA:SA it was no problem to shoot "black" aka "negroid" aka "colored" people,but in a game that plays in a African or Africa-like area people start crying...WTF???If you whould make a game where you hunt down black people in Germany,Russia or Poland its ok because they are a really small group of people,but in Africa???Plus does anyone really care if a Zombie is white or black?No they don´t.They see a Zombie and Shoot it not a skin-color.

Ash2X

GTA: SA got a pass because the main character himself is black. Chris is a "white authority figure holding the black man down" remember? People in the US love to look for absolutely any reason to play the race card, and will do so for the tiniest and stupidiest of reasons. It's why racism in general is being taken less seriously, it's boy who cried wolf syndrome. So many people these days use their race as an excuse that people just assume all claims of racism are false. Which means real incidents of racism are getting overlooked. Pretty shameful stuff, but when it comes to my fellow countrymen, I've learned how to constantly lower my standards and accept the fact that the majority of people in this country are just shy, speaking in terms of intelligence, of being zombies themselves. Though to the media rather than an evil corporation that made a super virus.

Umbrella got it all wrong, they should have invested in their own news channel, they could still have a legion of brainless zombies at their disposal, just without the unleasant odor of rotting flesh.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
People will always play the race card when it serves them. Even rich NFL players will use it to make excuses for their horrible playing.
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
How come you never hear rasium to white people its seems they are the only people who can't be offened by racisum becuase i've been a target of it before.
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
It is pretty ridiculous, you don't hear any Japanese people complaining about you having to kill a bunch of Japanese people as a Caucasian American in SIREN: Blood Curse.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I AM racist.. against zombies. I think every zombie should get a bullet in the head. And everyone who disagrees and calls that racist, well they're a zombie-lover.. and zombie-lovers can't be trusted.

I find it very disturbing that all those people are promoting zombie rights. This should be illegal.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts

It is pretty ridiculous, you don't hear any Japanese people complaining about you having to kill a bunch of Japanese people as a Caucasian American in SIREN: Blood Curse. ONLYDOD

Good point.

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
Most intelligent people who say Resident Evil 5 is racist aren't saying it's racist because you're killing black people. Most, if not all, of the criticism was aimed at the racist IMAGERYfrom the original trailer.
KillOBKilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 KillOBKilled
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

Most intelligent people who say Resident Evil 5 is racist aren't saying it's racist because you're killing black people. Most, if not all, of the criticism was aimed at the racist IMAGERYfrom the original trailer.Greatgone12

I would have to see said imagery, until then I'm just going to go along with the theory that people use every chance they can to get all worked up about something...

mrfidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#12 mrfidget
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts
Like I previously said, it's only the racism against black people that gets negative attention. Everyone thinks killing Japanese people is fine, because we never enslaved them. Black people need to get over the whole slave thing, it's long gone.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]It is pretty ridiculous, you don't hear any Japanese people complaining about you having to kill a bunch of Japanese people as a Caucasian American in SIREN: Blood Curse. CronoSquall

Good point.

Indeed

ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts
I doubt that Capcom had any rasict intentions. Slavery has not taken place in any AA's lifetime, they should just quit leaning on that excuse and grow up.