This e3 is killing me. Monster Hunter World, HYPE OVERLOAD!!! *Updated with gameplay stream*

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

So, know I can't speak for everyone. But e3 has been very good to my taste in games, and after The Evil Within 2. Didn't think it could get better.

Well Monster Hunter: World happened_

Yet I have a lot of unanswered questions for the game-

• Will it have as much content as XX or 4G
  • Will it play more like 4/4G and have a decent story mode like 4G
  • How does coop work (will it be the standard and the loved lobby or this beacon system shown in the gameplay trailer, or both?)
  • Are they ditching G-Rank again (please don't)
  • Please don't play like the MMO, it's garbage
  • And most important to myself, will it have Yukumo armor!

At any rate the game looks stunning, I'm too happy right now and it's another fanboi day-one-buy! Has everyone been enjoying e3? Is MH:W a big deal to you?

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

I played 1000+ hours mh tri on wii online so you can imagine Im stocked *-*

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ

@atomolog: Wouldn't have it anyother way, no other game offers what a good Monster Hunter game does (though Dragon's Dogma is close), it's an addictive drug that has no end :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Yeah I've been really enjoying E3 as well. Monster Hunter World looks awesome and I'm so glad that this game is also making its way to the Xbox One. Day one purchase for me.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ

@b4h4r: Do not threat, MH has a creation mode and tons of wearable loot, usually ranging with hundreds of armor-sets.

You also get more than just the Great Sword in MH, you get guns, shields, Calling Horns, Hammers, and Lances (that are also guns) just to name a few. Depending on what play style you are going for you have plenty of options and no other Action RPG is its equal in variety and depth if past entries are anything to go by. Perhaps look into it at a later date or check out one of the previous games for some insight :) the creature designs are a sight to behold and put many other games to shame.

The ending kinda hinted multiplayer but wasn't showing it off. Last few MH games have actually had decent Single-Player modes but the bulk is for Multiplayer. And I plan on playing it online day-one ^_^

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah I've been really enjoying E3 as well. Monster Hunter World looks awesome and I'm so glad that this game is also making its way to the Xbox One. Day one purchase for me.

I think it's great! Soon all these platforms can play a Monster Hunter, a true Monster Hunter. Now GS Users can stop being sick of me talking about Monster Hunter as if I'm on another planet xD

Glad you're excited about it Arch, see it as the Scalebound of new :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371

@RSM-HQ: Poor Scalebound, the game that could have been. :(

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

So, know I can't speak for everyone. But e3 has been very good to my taste in games, and after The Evil Within 2. Didn't think it could get better.

Well Monster Hunter: Worlds happened_

Yet I have a lot of unanswered questions for the game-

• Will it have as much content as XX or 4G
  • Will it play more like 4/4G and have a decent story mode like 4G
  • How does coop work (will it be the standard and the loved lobby or this beacon system shown in the gameplay trailer)
  • Are they ditching G-Rank again (please don't)
  • Please don't play like the MMO, it's garbage
  • And most important to myself, will it have Yukumo armor!

At any rate the game looks stunning, I'm too happy right now and it's another fanboi day-one-buy! Has everyone been enjoying e3? Is MH:W a big deal to you?

Never played a Monster Hunter but it looks like a ok game, so will probably pick it up.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ

@Jacanuk:Well I think that's what I'm most looking forward to, new people experiencing Monster Hunter :)

@Archangel3371: Monster Hunter will heal those old wounds dood, hope so anyway.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371

@RSM-HQ: Oh yeah, Monster Hunter will help heal those wounds just fine.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

Details since its revival have come about and feel it's worth mentioning them here, these have been confirmed in various interviews at e3-

• Monster Hunter: World is in fact Monster Hunter 5. It is mentioned to not be a spin-off and the successor to Monster Hunter 4G
  • World has been in development for four years thus far
  • All 14 weapon types from recent games will be in World
  • The Hut is still a way to gather other players for multiplayer, the flare gun/ beacon is simply a way to add players during a hunt in-progress
  • The grappling hook can only be used at key points and only on certain objects, and has long punishable animations if used during combat, however the hook seems the best way to get a mount attack
  • Creature A.I. is far more complex than previous games. Going so far to be drastically unpredictable
  • Scout flies are the green bugs in the trailer, they are awareness for finding your target and will change color based on situation. They essentially replace paintballs
  • Hunter Arts will not make a return from the X series (for the best imo)
  • You can change your weapons and gear during a hunt at the campsite. but cannot stack more potions
  • Each map has a food chain mechanic of monsters eating other monsters and fighting to protect lairs and caves. Sometimes a Monster will find its own needs more important than your existence. Unless attacked
  • Some items and gathering animations work much faster due to the change of level design and monster behaviour being far more unpredictable and overall difficult
  • Palicos will return for players that want them during a hunt, it is still unknown if you can make your own but you can give them armor and weapons
  • Each Hunter has a Pterodactyl like creature that was shown in the trailer. They work like a fast-travel back to your starting camp or to ally. Cannot be used during combat
  • All the new ways of using the environments as traps are very powerful and useful (at least for early-game), with another unseen one which involves kicking a paralysing frog
  • Mounting is closer to Dragon's Dogma/ Shadow of the Colossus, you can move while mounted and target different parts of the monster for effectiveness
  • *World will be getting a live-stream gameplay show on June 20th
nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

E3 was amazing. So many games..

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Y no BBQ Spit jingle?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ
Loading Video...

New gameplay starts at 46:36, ends at 1:11:18

Enjoy_

@PsychoLemons said: Y no BBQ Spit jingle?

We don't know if they cut it out officially yet, but we know the flex pose for healing is no longer present.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@nathanbats said: E3 was amazing. So many games..

So many for sure. . Nintendo, more Sea of Thieves gameplay, Shadow of the Colossus remake. . . So good, for me it showed the best games I've seen in years. Only thing to have made it better is Hideaki Itsuno sans game and Remake 2, but I can wait :)