Thinking about converting from xbox one to ps4 pro.

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 guerilla-man
Member since 2019 • 57 Posts

Hey guys!

I just wanted to tell you that I am converting from xbox to playstation.

I am planning on buying a brand new ps4 pro console in june when I can buy a 4k television with HD ultra resolution.

The reason why is because I converted before from ps2 from ps3 version of gaming and converted to xbox 360 to xbox one.

Now I am converting to a higher ps 4 system pro.

I getting ready to buy it by now by june to may this year.

But what are your thoughts on both consoles?

I think they both have advantages and disadvantages but they can vary.

Not saying talk me in or out of it. We all have different thoughts on both type of consoles. And we all feel different towards every console.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

It all depends on the games you want to play. The system really doesn't matter. Just don't buy a system based on power. It's the games that count.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

What is there to say? I've been very happy with PS4 this gen. On last gen I had both PS3 and 360 and loved both. I'm sure you'll be very happy with PS4 and its exclusives. Bloodborne and HZD are must buys for sure.

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 guerilla-man

Yeah I will do a bit of research.

Looks like one has got one advantage to the next disadvantage. But I really like ps4 pro , because I heard some good things about it.

I am a total RPG gamer as well as a adventure gamer with exploring.

So this will be my best bet.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

My sympathies you’ve become a poor gamer...

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/new-scientific-facts-xbox-gamers-are-better-than-p-33450075/

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Not trying to talk you out of buying a pro, just wondered if it's worth it at this stage? Pro seems like an afterthought from Sony....it receives very little love compared to x1x (The aforementioned Bloodborne doesn't have any enhancements for example).

Yes, I'm openly biased....but after seeing x1x on my 4k Sammy and comparing it to Pro - especially UHD content - I'd say wait it out for the next gen unless you absolutely want the Pro.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Well enjoy the great exclusives

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@sealionact: I think the OP and answered are the same person. It took 1 person to answer the OP who is a known troll on these boards? Come on...

Siggestardust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Siggestardust
Member since 2017 • 34 Posts

PS4 is a great system and I have no regrets i bought one two months ago! I recently started Detroit Become Human and Spiderman! Both great games

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#10 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I’ve only stuck with Sony my entire life. So I say go for it.

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 guerilla-man

I say before I thought about converting to ps4 pro I was thinking of xbox one X system.. but if I buy a brand new ps4 pro I have to spend more money buying all those games for the console but is it worth the deal? I want to keep my Xbox one but use for the future.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@guerilla-man: Think the system(s) you use and/or own should be no concern to us. Make sure you're getting the experience you want from gaming and ignore the extreme bias fanbois on all sides ooze, who do not consider rational thought. You may even be changing systems for the simple fact it's what your friends and family game on for better multiplayer experiences_

But what are your thoughts on both consoles?

Both have advantages and disadvantages that you've likely already looked into. This isn't System-Wars, so would prefer to keep it level headed to what both offer on an even level-

• Xbox has a superior online offering, and more stable service with the ability to play older games free as well.
  • PlayStation continues to invest/ support studios for more games which they've been doing since PSOne, and with PS4 have improved the UI along with the controller (which was overdue)

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 guerilla-man

@RSM-HQ: I feel I am completely changing my mind about the ps4 and not converting.

Why? Because I have to start my console profiles from scratch and I am not that great at earning achievements online or offline games.

I am better off to Just stick with xbox one X and enhance my gaming from there.

Because I don’t really have to spend so much money in buying games for the console.

Its cheaper because I already have xbox one X enhanced games so why switch to ps4 pro ? And spend all that money on games and accessories when I already have an xbox one. Why I say its worth it buying an xbox one X because when I play games on xbox one console it is good in stability.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@guerilla-man: Valid and wise reasons. Means you can put that time, effort, and funds into other games for your current set-up. Happy gaming

(coming from someone who doesn't even own an Xbox One)

*Also because it was mentioned a number of times and speaking personally as an actual Souls fan here on the board. Prefer Dark Souls III over Bloodborne. BB has not even hit 3 million as of 2018 which includes the 'free' PSPlus offer (sold 2 million in 2015), why I mention this? Because most the fanbois don't play what they preach. It's the same with Sunset Overdrive on Xbox_

Soul fans are passionate and vocal, but we are also few, less so in BB because it's on one platform. I would know considering PvP got pretty dead in BB quickly and only got momentum with TOH. Not that the Bell System helped_

Would rather not repeat a debate on this at anycase; so will leave a link to something similar to this side-subject #5 is some of my glaring thoughts with Bloodborne

mikestunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 mikestunner
Member since 2005 • 5306 Posts

Pick up Spiderman and God of war for sure. Also if you played Uncharted back on Ps3, finish that series now on Ps4. so many good games to get into.

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 guerilla-man

@RSM-HQ: you are absoulty correct! Yes , there are loads of other different games I can play on ps4 pro. I might need more time to think about my options carefully before I buy.

But as I said I would like to start a brand new account on ps4 pro and start from scratch. But my mind keeps changing and shifting all the time. But I am going to think about it over the period of 3 months and remain undecided. I am not making any decisions yet until it’s official.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#18 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think both systems are more similar than they are different tbh. I had some exclusives I liked on both of them, but there weren't too many that really made me like one more than the other. The most memorable games I played on PS4 and XBox One were multi-plat.

I guess I still kind of prefer the XBox One X to the PS4 Pro this gen, but then the PS4 has more games overall and still a couple of Japan exclusives, and it has a larger base of players for online play. The XBox One has struggled horribly with canceled and delayed projects, not to mention a horrible fumble at the beginning of this gen. But I think the XBO is the most powerful console right now, and I really liked its UI.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

I own both ps4 pro and xbox one x. Both are nice IF you paid 100+ less like me (I only bought ps4 pro for 280€ with 2 games 2 controllers 2017 black friday) and got one x black friday 2018 for 349€ with 1 game and controller. They are good machines on their normal price but if you manage to buy either ps4 pro or xbox one x at 100+ reduced price then they instantly become an amazing purchage

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

go for it ps4 pro its worth it

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Honestly if money is an issue, just don't get a 4k Tv, it isn't worth it for consoles anyway. Instead get a normal PS4 and use both systems. xOne & Ps4 on a HDTV > only xOne on a 4k Tv.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RSM-HQ
@guerilla-man said:

@RSM-HQ: you are absoulty correct! Yes , there are loads of other different games I can play on ps4 pro. I might need more time to think about my options carefully before I buy.

I think you tagged the wrong User, I didn't mention that at all. Though, true PS4 isn't exactly short on games.

guerilla-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 guerilla-man

@RSM-HQ: oops sorry my bad. I am not with it really.

I am Just in my own little world.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RSM-HQ

@guerilla-man: Don't worry about it. And have a good morning.