There doesnt exist an ounce of creativity in Square Enix

This topic is locked from further discussion.

igor011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 igor011
Member since 2004 • 69 Posts

This is going to be a long read being a rant that is and i truly hope that people who enjoy games, and rpg especially could see what i see. First and foremost i have to say that SquareSoft has always been and always will be my favorite developer. Everything, well almost everything, that came from that studio had so much class that they literaly were miles beyond any other studio. SNES won due to their support, and when they finally decided to make games for the ps1, it was seen to the world how much talent they had. Look at the most popular games for that system and most likely half of them if not more are from SquareSoft. FFVII, VIII, IX, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, FFTactics. And those were just the top ones, including one of only 4 perfect tens on gamespot, the beloved Chrono Cross.

So now you ask where did it go wrong, well it all came when another company named Enix came along. I by no way am trying to say that Enix was a bad company, they were decent, releasing games such as Dragon quest and Star Ocean. Good but never great, always in the shadow of Square. Well maybe not in Japan, those people will sell their own organs for that game(i have no idea why).

But to get back on track; the two merged due to square's only mistake of creating FF : The spirits within. Yes, they lost money, lots of it, but come on, they NEEDED to merge to save the company, i dont think so. But even so, merging should be for the best, right?

Wrong! I strongly believe that Hironobu Sakaguchi was the glue that held the company together. I dont want no SquareEnix fanboy to come up in here and state that he wasnt the director and whatnot, well here, to shut you up in advance, in reality he was much more. He produced most of those games, and if anyone knows what that means, its the person who LOOKS over the development and keeps everything in check(similar to what Miyomoto does now) Anyways, since the merge occurred, Sakaguchi demoted, i believe that the bigwigs in charge now, looked in the square vault and immediately jumped the gun to begin milking the most popular rpg of all time, FFVII. Especially since Square never done it, it was the perfect idea, a game so beloved they can make dozens of games if they wanted to, but i guess we should be grateful since they only stopped at 4 or 5 i cant quite remember, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Advent children, FFVII snowboarding, and the AMAZING dirge of cerberus( yeah right) and others i cant remember, thank goodness. And if anyone can say that those games were even half as good as 7 let them speak.

The only problem was that was just the beginning of them taking square and sticking something where the sun dont shine. Lets see, at least 3 final fantasy XIII's , REMAKES of god knows how many games. Come on, you must be as blind as a bad, or the most patheric fanboy to not see it. Literaly almost every FF has been remade, MORE THAN A SINGLE TIME. Give me a break, how come people still give them credit.

Uematsu left, Yatsumi(i think thats his name) left during 12's development. Geez, i wonder if that game was coming along great. I dont care about the reviews. Even on gamespot it barely received a nine,  i know people will argue that its a great score and it is, but how long were they making the damn game for. 5 YEARS, 5 ARE YOU KIDDING ME. FFVII took three, 8  and 9 took a little over 2. So 5 years, what the hell happened there, and it wasnt even that good. 

Another game was Dragon Quest VIII, which was a remarkable game, but something was odd, it didnt have the SquareEnix stench all over it, oh wait it wasnt made by them, level 5 took over the directorial duties. They couldnt even make a Dragon Quest game.

Crisis Core was delayed for over 2 YEARS, i dont understand, they have development troubles. Why you cant come up with anything, they are spinning off FFVII, the story is already written how hard could it be to come up with some of their dribble for some blind fanboy, hey they did it with Advent Children( which was amazing visually, i'll admit) but the story lacked.

Just ot say something else for the record, Tetsuya Nomura cannot make games. He's a great artist, and made some of the most memorable characters, his direction is very amateurish. Kingdom hearts has horrid gameplay, terrible pacing and environments.

Anyways sorry for ranting so much but i just had to get some things off of my chest, i mean the square enix press conference is going on right now. People should open their eyes and see. Square Enix is by no means a bad developer, but to the legendary SquareSoft, they have nothing to offer and will forever be in my eyes as something they could have been.

fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts
...not an ounce of creativity?  Your rant hardly proved that.  I'll just say you're dead flat wrong and leave it there.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts
You seem to have forgotten to list that new IP they just announced as evidence they don't have even an ounce of creativity.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
You seem to have forgotten to list that new IP they just announced as evidence they don't have even an ounce of creativity.argianas
New IPs rather, as there's both the Remnant and A Wonderful World, for starters. ;)
ChipsDubbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ChipsDubbo
Member since 2003 • 8393 Posts

...not an ounce of creativity? Your rant hardly proved that. I'll just say you're dead flat wrong and leave it there.fathoms_basic

Maybe he overstated it, but I can still see his point... there HAS been a general trend of lackluster titles (as he's mentioned) ever since Enix took over development. 

cjdaweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cjdaweasel
Member since 2004 • 1560 Posts
They've kinda dropped from "Unbelievably Fantastic" to "Really Good". While, not a fall for most companies, SE should be better.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 argianas

[QUOTE="argianas"]You seem to have forgotten to list that new IP they just announced as evidence they don't have even an ounce of creativity.Skylock00
New IPs rather, as there's both the Remnant and A Wonderful World, for starters. ;)

Wonderful World was announced months ago, but that's a good point too.

As far as this past generation, the original poster seems to underestimate just how much of a financial flop Sakaguchi's The Spirits Within was.  The "merger" is more of a nice term for Enix buying out Squaresoft on the cheap to prevent the company from folding.  Games like FF X-2 HAD to happen to cut costs - reuse environments and have the name sell the game.  Problem is, it worked, and some accountants took note.  Why are all the so-so rehashes being thrown around left and right?  Because they are relatively cheap, and people flock to buy them.  And as long as they do, they'll keep making them.  Hell, Square-Enix announced a new big-budget IP, and instead of rejoicing, fans whine that they aren't remaking a ten-year-old game they played multiple times over instead.  Despite what people may otherwise say, Square-Enix is giving the fans precisely what they want - more of the same.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skylock00
To the Topic Creator: If you want to have a discussion without resorting to insulting other posters, or trying to start a flame war, fine. If not, then this thread will be locked realtively soon.
igor011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 igor011
he skylock just because your a blind squareenix fan boy that doesn't mean you can delete peoples innosent posts
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 argianas

he skylock just because your a blind squareenix fan boy that doesn't mean you can delete peoples innosent postsigor011

Perhaps not, but he CAN delete posts that directly insult other people.  Frankly your tone suggests that you're here just to start a flame war, as you simply call people "dumb" if they post counterpoints to your argument.

Wreeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Wreeek
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

he skylock just because your a blind squareenix fan boy that doesn't mean you can delete peoples innosent postsigor011

Your brother took your profile over, didn't he?  Edit it quick!!  Don't let him post again, tell him to make his own profile!!

Anyways, as I can see, freedom of speech is obviously unallowed here, and I can only offer you to argue with me in the website I posted in my signature, were matters of opinion based on fact are contested, but not mindlessly erased becuase it hurts someone elses feelings.

http://forzacentral.com/  look for schwig.   I'll be waiting.

cjdaweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cjdaweasel
Member since 2004 • 1560 Posts

[QUOTE="igor011"]he skylock just because your a blind squareenix fan boy that doesn't mean you can delete peoples innosent postsargianas

Perhaps not, but he CAN delete posts that directly insult other people. Frankly your tone suggests that you're here just to start a flame war, as you simply call people "dumb" if they post counterpoints to your argument.

True, if you can't discuss a topic without insulting someone personally, then you don't really have a solid argument to begin with. 

igor011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 igor011
skylock deleted a posting by wreek just because he stated something that didnt satisfy his obsession, and he exists and moderates a site where he can control people's opinions and remove them if they dont satisfy his.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Skylock00

skylock deleted a posting by wreek just because he stated something that didnt satisfy his obsession, and he exists and moderates a site where he can control people's opinions and remove them if they dont satisfy his.igor011
No, I deleted a post because it was an off-topic snide remark against someone else's signature that had nothing to do with this thread's discussion, and served to do nothing but annoy/incite flames, which is trolling, which is against the ToU, just like you calling other people 'blind Square-Enix fanboys.'

You agreed to the Terms of Use before being given the privilege to post on this site, and as such, you have to abide by the rules.  Since I asked you once to not resort to insulting people, and you persisted in doing so, this thread is getting locked, and any further discussion on the matter is to be taken to the Ask the Mods board, period.