the term "next-gen"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbysbits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bobbysbits
Member since 2003 • 477 Posts

when are we going to stop using this term? the "next-gen" started 4 years ago. it just shows how unsatisfied people are with their games these days.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
People still use the term next gen? Didn't that stop with the launch of the 360? Me, I'll start using it again when we start getting info about the next generation of systems.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

when are we going to stop using this term? the "next-gen" started 4 years ago. it just shows how unsatisfied people are with their games these days.

bobbysbits

Either that, or people are too stupid to know the difference between past, present and future.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Well I certainly haven't noticed anybody saying "next gen" in quite some time.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
people think next gen is a synonym for "HD". i stopped using it a long while ago... or they just didnt realize 3 years have passed. or they didnt realize that "next gen" was a term used by the media back in the PS2/GCN/Xbox days to refer to the generation after it, and think it's the name of the generation (like dragonball had Z and GT :P) or (my favorite) people know that it all started on the PS2, so any games generation after it is the "next" generation :P
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#6 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

People still use the term next gen? Didn't that stop with the launch of the 360? Me, I'll start using it again when we start getting info about the next generation of systems.CellAnimation
It didn't stop with the launch of the 360, but most people have stopped using it for about a year now.

I agree with the OP, though. I hate current cconsoles being released to as next-gen.

ViewtifulScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ViewtifulScott
Member since 2005 • 878 Posts
You're the first person I've seen call the current consoles next gen in well over a year now, if not two. The mountain, it's actually a molehill.
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
wow, I havnt see anyone use the term nex gen to talk about the current systems for ages!!
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Sometimes I think of the current-gen as next-gen because I'm still using last-gen games...