The Sims 4 Gameplay Video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

If you've been following Sims 4 news at all, you'll know 2 weeks ago EA promised an actual live gameplay (not staged) video would be coming soon. That video has come and can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2ue9y7_2M

Personally, I think the gameplay barely looks different from 3's. Which would make this game's closed world and lack of story progression that much harder to swallow.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

If you've been following Sims 4 news at all, you'll know 2 weeks ago EA promised an actual live gameplay (not staged) video would be coming soon. That video has come and can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2ue9y7_2M

Personally, I think the gameplay barely looks different from 3's. Which would make this game's closed world and lack of story progression that much harder to swallow.

ehmmm, of course the gameplay doesn't look different, what did you expect? its the sims , But what kind of gameplay did you want? Titans dropping down and you can run around shooting chinese soldiers.

The sims is the the sims and is a life simulator not anything else.

But from this it looks like its going 2 versions back to the old style of load screens everywhere and it doesn't look promising, even though its about time they made it possible to travel between "worlds/neighbourhoods" it will make for a much more dynamic world. And its clear the graphics got a upgrade, but still not getting this, not a game for me and never will be. but i know my GF loves it so i can always look over her shoulder :D

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Hmm, I can see a lot of people waiting for sale to come around to get it.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

ehmmm, of course the gameplay doesn't look different, what did you expect? its the sims , But what kind of gameplay did you want? Titans dropping down and you can run around shooting chinese soldiers.

I expected the much vaunted new multitasking, routing, and animation systems to make for more fluid and lively sims, as they've been advertising. Instead they still fidget into position to talk to each other and stand around staring like zombies whenever not directly interacting with anything. What we saw looked much like what was possible in Sims 3, which as I said makes the closed world and loss of story progression less acceptable.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

@Jacanuk said:

I expected the much vaunted new multitasking, routing, and animation systems to make for more fluid and lively sims, as they've been advertising. Instead they still fidget into position to talk to each other and stand around staring like zombies whenever not directly interacting with anything. What we saw looked much like what was possible in Sims 3, which as I said makes the closed world and loss of story progression less acceptable.

Hmm, need to watch it again but i didn't see any problems as you say, in fact i think the graphics have made a huge improvement to the game.

But ´the sims have always had a problem with the robotic movement you talk about and i think its more tech limits than developers not wanting to improve on that.