The "Most Infuriating Games You Have Ever Played" Thread

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

We've all played them; the games that you hated with a passion yet still played. Twenty years ago, nearly every game would have fallen into this category. Be it game breaking mini games, a ridiculously hard part, or downright retarded game design, what are the most infuriating games you have ever played and why?

I'm not going to list the old school NES/Arcade games from two decades ago, because I can sit here all day and vent off on how stupifyingly difficult some of those freaking games could be, so I am going to list some more recent games.

1. Burnout series- Don't get me wrong, I LOVE racing games. The rush of speed as you beat your opponents is awesome and provides an unparalled adrenaline rush in video games. Burnouts sense of speed was insane, you are flying past buildings, speeding through red lights, and narrowly missing cross traffic, all until your game comes to a screeching halt as you have to watch a lengthly cut scene of your demise due to some retarded AI driving you through a pillar. Anybody play Burnout Paradise? Anyone remember the potentially game breaking cut scenes whenever your car got in a wreck? And not being able to speed it up or skip through it? Yeah, so do I. So do my broken 360 controllers as well.

2. Patapon- I am rather fond of this game. I bought it fully expecting to love it, and I did.... until the downright ludicrous Miracle sequence in which you had to build your Meter up (A feat which in itself takes a full two minutes) then perform a perfectly timed button press with absolutely no guidance. Then, if you actually MANAGE to do that part right, you then proceed to do even more button presses which offer absolutely no room for error. Mess up? Then you have to build your entire meter up all over again. The first time I encountered this phenomenon, I quite literally spent four hours and over two hundred tries just to get this part. That's dedication; looking back I do not know how the hell I did it.

So what about you guys?

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Shinobi....Ugh, that's enough of that.
criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts

We have any love for STUNTMAN in here?!

:evil:

Avatar image for black_dragon778
black_dragon778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 black_dragon778
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

as much as these games pissed me off, i still like them, for some reason

1. shinobi

2. nanobreaker

3. chaos legion

and this one not so much, boring and repetetive, read my review =P

4. marvel ultimate alliance

Athie-Marie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Athie-Marie
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Majora's Mask always pissed me off. The stupid timer thing keeps on running out too soon. It's too short to enjoy. D: I'm also too lazy to even try any more.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts

The Metroid series.

Don't get me wrong, I love these games, but I get lost way too easily when I play them. By the time I have gone through all the unnecessary backtracking (a result of my own inability to figure out where to go) I've stopped caring, and then just play Smash Bros.

Athie-Marie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Athie-Marie

as much as these games pissed me off, i still like them, for some reason

1. shinobi

2. nanobreaker

3. chaos legion

and this one not so much, boring and repetetive, read my review =P

4. marvel ultimate alliance

black_dragon778

Chaos Legion was a fun game :] It was kind of weird though.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
ninja turtles on the NES :(
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#9 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
I threw my controller and the wall and screamed "F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as loud as I could during the boss of Final Fantasy X... the 10th try at him, that is...
xisytenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xisytenin
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts
ninja gaiden i knew it was hard going in and its a great game, but WOW it made me so mad
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
None of these games compare to Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden or Ghost and Goblins.
albino_hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 albino_hippo

Super Monkey Ball made me pretty mad..

Castlevania (Rondo of Blood) made me mad occasionally, Ghosts 'n' Goblins was so hard I didn't give it more than 20 minutes attention.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

The part in God of War in Hades where you climb up these spinning pillars with blades on them. I smashed one of controllers trying to do that part.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts
Ya, Ghost and Goblins was a tough one to play through, along with Kabuki Quantum Fighter.
Hayasmez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hayasmez
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts
Solar Jet Man.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

Nanobreaker (wasn´t good to begin with)

Valkyrie Profile (maybe it was a bug,but I could never make a certain jump in the FINAL Dungeon)

Ridge Racer 6 (gets insanely difficult after the laughable normal courses)

Burnout Revenge (I love it,but the timed Races are almost unbeatable on gold)

Devil May Cry 3 (unfair thanks to unclan design and lack of energy to gain...killed it for me)

P.S. Foxhound Fox...don´t remember me of Battletoads...I still have a trauma..

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Game Gear. It's much different than the Genesis version, mind you. It's sadistically difficult, and this is coming from someone who completes 2D Sonic games almost daily.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Portal challenges and N+.
Those were games that I hated and loved at the same time.
I got stuck many times but giving up was not an option.
Eventually, I beat those both.
But, along the way my inner 12-year-old almost lifted a few tears to my eyes. :P
Spincut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Spincut
Member since 2004 • 4203 Posts
Shenmue and Contra Shattered Soldier (two good games mind you.....but brain meltingly maddening).
A-R-E-O7693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A-R-E-O7693

1.DMC3(still stuck...it took me months to beat Fujin and Rajin)

2.Metal Gear Solid 2(I was younger at the time....I should try playing it again)

3.Dead Rising(I started my game over so many times just to keep leveling up, I gave up on it)

4.LoZ:Twilight Princess(Zora unnderwater temple)

5.God of War(stuck at the part with Hera and Aphrodite things...>>)

6.Final Fantasy X(after I met Wakka and went to some town, I went in like a corridor place and couldn't beat it)

and finally, World of Warcraft (when it lagged in cities, it takes me about 1-2 hours to get out and whenever a enemy is so strong I'll die, revive and keep dying)

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

Patapon.... argh I love this game but the rain miracle level requiring you to cast the miracle after building up a fever... if you mess up through the desert you are dead because of the 1/2 min build up of fever.

Dungeon explorer (psp) requiring me to collect a few items for a quest... except the items dropped maybe once every 10 dungeon runs and I needed 30 :/ Ridiculus took me at least 10 hours.

Avatar image for 010dragonslayer
010dragonslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 010dragonslayer
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts

I Wanna Be The Guy, I spent two hours on the first two damn screens.

linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
Ninja Gaiden for Xbox 1.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

There was lots for NES, so many I forget them all. For me most notably Castlevania, the Ninja Gaiden games, and old sports games where the AI used to take over the game and make it impossible to win.

N+ was infuriating. I made it through but not after quitting once and many moments of "Why am I doing this?"

Ninja Gaiden II for 360 is filled with stuff to drive you insane. Way too many to list.

Shinobi for PS2 got pretty annoying, mostly at the final boss and because of the fact that if you died before reaching a boss, you had to do the whole stage over again

Half-Life 1 hard difficulty also drove me insane. Mile High Club veteran for CoD4 was starting to get to that point too.

x_t0rqc-1xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 x_t0rqc-1xd
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
Patapon is also one of them, then there is Dynasty warriors for me. And NFS.
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

ninja gaiden i knew it was hard going in and its a great game, but WOW it made me so madxisytenin

I gave in to the hype and bought the second one for the 360. I'm not very far in, but no veins have bursted in my temple so I'm good so far :D

semperfi816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 semperfi816
Member since 2008 • 5083 Posts

1.DMC3(still stuck...it took me months to beat Fujin and Rajin)

2.Metal Gear Solid 2(I was younger at the time....I should try playing it again)

3.Dead Rising(I started my game over so many times just to keep leveling up, I gave up on it)

4.LoZ:Twilight Princess(Zora unnderwater temple)

5.God of War(stuck at the part with Hera and Aphrodite things...>>)

6.Final Fantasy X(after I met Wakka and went to some town, I went in like a corridor place and couldn't beat it)

and finally, World of Warcraft (when it lagged in cities, it takes me about 1-2 hours to get out and whenever a enemy is so strong I'll die, revive and keep dying)

A-R-E-O7693

i liked mgs2.you should try playing it again.my most infuriating game is need for speed pro street at the end facing ryo.the track is so hard.i always total my car lol.i still havent done it.if it was a different track i could totally beat him though

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
Contra has to be one of them.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Star Wars Rogue Leader... the last mission is... is... IS... It exists: That is the problem with it.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, the camera and bad platforming controls made the game much harder than it needed to be. It's almost as if the camera is trying not to look at the enemies.

I've broken a couple of headphones and mices playing Counter-Strike, I don't know why playing CS seems to make many people very angry.

Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Open world street racing games usually annoy me quite a bit. Just the way i'll miss some little turn and end up in last place really gets to me...
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Halo 2 and 3.... :|
darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkSIDEechoes
Member since 2007 • 3375 Posts

The part in God of War in Hades where you climb up these spinning pillars with blades on them. I smashed one of controllers trying to do that part.

Quadrifoglio

Did the SAME thing. I actually took the controller and smashed in my cell phone on instinct...

EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
probably DMC3, I beat the game, but their were some really tough parts in the game.
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
Startropics, for the NES. It took me seven and a half years to finally beat that game. Not because the bosses were extremely difficult, but because it actually required you to use the manual, which was lost, to proceed in the game past a certain point. You gotta dip a page of the manual in water, which will give you a code you need to get past chapter six, I believe.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Any MMORPG really annoys me.

I love them. They're a great way to play with friends, and they're just a ton of fun, but what really annoys me is you usually have to be the highest level to have any fun. Well of course, you can take breaks from leveling to do stuff like fight other players, train your jobs(Depending on what MMO), just screw around, etc. But all the cool stuff is usually only for the higher levels.

The problem is questing in most MMORPGS, I'm sad to say, is quite boring. I can make a quest for an MMO in 10 seconds. Watch!

"I need some fur to make leather boots! Go kill wolves until they drop their fur that has a reallllllly low chance of dropping. Yeah, that's right. The wolves won't drop their fur all the time. Logic doesn't exist in my world! Leave me alone!"

However, in the end it's a very rewarding experience if you dedicate time to the game.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Devil May Cry 3...and it's not even because of the, sometimes, near-impossible boss fights, but because of the even more near-impossible regular monster fights. They kill you and you A) start over from the beginning of the level or B) spend hard-earned red orbs towards a continue item rather than upgrades to your arsenal. I still beat it though and I am supremely proud of that accomplishment.

God of War 2 when you have to protect the translator in Titan difficulty. I know that the developers assume you know what you're getting into when you select the hardest difficulty, but for ****'s sake...I STILL haven't beaten that part and it drives me absolutely insane when I get SO CLOSE, but then die.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

We have any love for STUNTMAN in here?!

:evil:

criinok

I forgot about this game. It took me forever to beat it. It was the loading times that did it for me. I'd fail a level 30 seconds in and then wait 2 minutes for the game to re-load the level. Find me a game that is more trying of a player's patience and I'll salute them.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

The most infuriating parts of any games ive ever played :

Mile High Club Veteran, CoD4. I started with 2 controllers. Finished with 1. Lots of pieces to pick up.

Cortana on Legendary by yourself in Halo 3. Had my meta game going and the timer read 98:20 or somethin close to that when i beat it.

Ninja Gaiden II. Do I need to say more? Least i got that Idomitable Spirit Acheivement (Continue 100 times)

Any Contra for NES. Grr.

Megaman 1, 2, 3. So much fun. So much anger.

Shinobi. The last boss. In a word - ajnsd;kanxcawukhdfa;ncsj.

Final Fantasy VII. Numerous attempts on both the Emerald and Ruby weapon WILL test your patience.

Basically any fighting game. As much fun as it is to go into practice and learn a couple moves, then fight a CPU and get beaten like a rag doll is, I'll pass.

There are more but I cant remember. May add more later.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
God of War 1 and 2, and dont get me started on Ninja Gaiden.
Frost47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Frost47
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

Quadrifoglio
Avatar image for ChicaQueenWarGa
ChicaQueenWarGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 ChicaQueenWarGa
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Dawn of Mana- There are 4 saving points per chapter which pisses me off because if I play during a storm, I can lose most of my data with one flicker of the power. The insane part of the game is the camera angle that makes you run into a solid object that can't be seen until you are facing it head on. I went up to Chapter 3 until I beat some mini-boss for a level up. After that, I said "Screw this game". I turned of the PS2, and returned the rented game.

FIFA 08- This game has made me quit playing soccer games. I cannot control where the ball moves which pretty much makes me angry when I shoot 15 shots on goal, and all 15 miss. The computer then shoots one whimpy shot and scores. I really hate the gravity in this game because a keeper cannot punt a ball, and make it land straight into the ground without making it bouce.

Combat Arms- How to beat the other team? Grab the sniper, which has almost 100% damage, go to a high hill location, and shoot one head shot. With that one head shot, the player is dead. Oh, but wait! There's more! Sometimes that sniper bullet can go through two people at once! Why did Nexon make the game go into Open Beta? To attract more Warrock/Soldier Front players.

GunZ (Both ijji and international version)- Want to play a game where people call you a noob for using guns when the game is called GunZ? Play this game. People call me a hacker because I shoot my double semi-automatic machine guns until I need to reload. I then switch to double pistols that have high damage but low rounds.Usually I am left with half health while the other person is dead.

Soul Calibur (First one for Dreamcast)- Oh wow. I was quite happy the newer games are much better than the first one. In order to proceed to the next mission, I needed to learn a special guard combo in order to defeat the enemy in the 20 second time limit. I believe it was called a Guard Crush. This mission was especially hard because the details of the mission did not tell me what combo I needed to make, but only to use a "Guard Crush". After two hours, I figured out that I need to press the guard + left d-pad, which made the character use his/her shield or shoulder to ram into the enemy.

Spore Creature Creator- I would like to make my monster full of fluffy flowers. Can I do that? Nope, I only have a set amount of money I can use! Is the word Simoleons used in this game? I can't tell. :/

Dance Dance Revolution Konamix- This game is most definitely for Dance Mats only, which is why there's a caution before each transition to the next screen. The only mode that actually uses a Dance Mat for regular people is Workout Mode (on Beginner mode). If you play Game Mode with a dance mat, you are screwed because for some odd reason, that mode seems to be made for controllers.

I have problems with many games, but there's not a game, I have played, that I haven't complained in.:cry:

PuRe_CaNaDiaN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 PuRe_CaNaDiaN_
Member since 2003 • 204 Posts

Tekken 4(5?): Easy enough until that final boss. I'd have to try it a minimum of 5 times with any character. Some characters I had to put down for an hour or two, do something else and come back to beat it on the first try. It's jsut the stupid cheap arse father of a couple she-dogs would just insta gib you or chain you to death >< >< >< Grampa Jinpachi must die!

Morrowind: Once it was updated it was okay, but the bugs that crashed the game were the scariest thing ever...you never know when it's gonna strike and you're helpless! "DAMN I FORGOT To SAVE for the last 15 minutes....."

GT3: Rubber band racing is NOT my friend!!! You can run a perfect race except for one final turn and be screwed...though you can screw up on the first lap as much as you want >:(

doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts

Prince of Persia WW; that game was terrible compared to The Sands of Time.

johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
Recently alone in the dark you really have to experiment a lot to get further
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Quadrifoglio

Same here! But I didn't smashed anythihng. I just almost wanted to break the disk in half. Hehe!

Magnol49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Magnol49
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
Blitzball in FFX. And to force you to play it to get Wakka's final overkill or whatever? Eff that...!
Badmutha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Badmutha
Member since 2002 • 1096 Posts

Trying to get the golden chocobo in the breeding minigame from Final Fantasy VII...

One of my controllers, smashed into oblivion...

My head hurts just thinking about it.

BTW, I never succeeded.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
Blitzball in FFX. And to force you to play it to get Wakka's final overkill or whatever? Eff that...!Magnol49
ah yes, Blitzball the source of all evil in FF 10:P
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
some DMC boss battles ...ugh , so hard . Far cry predator ...that was a frustration fest.