The Old Republic Launch Supply Limited, CE Sells Out in Under Ten Hours

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

The Collectors Edition of the game, which comes with a variety of goodies, sold out on amazon.com in under ten hours, even at the hefty price of 149.99. It's not even viewable on amazon's site anymore, currently.

It includes the following:

Pre-order bonuses

• Early access
  • Colour stone – lets you alter the colour of your lightsaber blade and blaster bolts

Corporeal items

• Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
  • Game disks collectible metal case
  • The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan
  • The Old Republic Galaxy Map
  • Custom Security Authentication key
  • Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
  • Collector's edition box

Digital items

• Flare gun – fires a "dramatic" and "inspiring" blast into the air
  • Training drone – a helpful bot that will fight by your side in battle, looks a bit like the training orb Luke Skywalker learns to use a lightsabre with
  • HoloDancer – a portable holographic device that lets you project an exotic dancer wherever you are.
  • HoloCam – a portable camera that will "Keep visual records of your in-game adventures"
  • STAP – a one man vehicle, like a floating segway with jets
  • Mouse droid – A tiny pet droid. It looks more like plate of lime jelly than a mouse
  • Exclusive Collector's Edition store – unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition.

Announcement from Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

To all of our fans outside of North America and Europe:

Today we've announced the pre-order details for the initial launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and as you may now know, we've taken the difficult but necessary decision to limit our initial launch supply for the game. BioWare and LucasArts are completely focused on building an exceptional game and an exceptional game service to go with it. We decided to constrain our launch capacity to ensure we deliver a great experience to every player.

Part of the reason this decision was made was because of the overwhelming demand for The Old Republic, and we're humbled by that level of excitement and anticipation. We fully intend to deliver to you an amazing game when we expand our service post-launch, but right now we cannot commit to any timeframe for when that may happen. As soon as we have more information about additional launches in more territories, we'll let you know.

We are committed to delivering Star Wars: The Old Republic to BioWare and Star Wars fans around the world, and to growing a truly global community.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
That is kind of lame that they only had limited supplies.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#3 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I hope the digital content that they gave away doesn't unfairly give people an advantage because they paid for the prettier version though...

sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

if u think this sold fast wait till battlefront 3. starwars fans r desperate for a good starwars gamer. there should rlly have been more ce versions. i was goin to buy it but dint like the statue i wish it was hk-47

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Allicrombie

I hope the digital content that they gave away doesn't unfairly give people an advantage because they paid for the prettier version though...

SemiMaster
same here. Unless I somehow manage to snag one of these. >.>
cutebrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cutebrute
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts

John Riccitiello must be relieved by the positive day 1 pre-orders. Hopefully his massive gamble will pay off somehow.

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

lots of dumb peopel out there,well they will have some sort of memento of TOR when the servers will be ghost towns and the game unplayable.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

lots of dumb peopel out there,well they will have some sort of memento of TOR when the servers will be ghost towns and the game unplayable.

Hate_Squad
You sure are a bright ray of sunshine, aren't you?
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I dunno I see lots of doodads and useless what-jit-mabobs that don't really look worth $150.00 to me, except maybe the portable exotic dancer. Always wanted one of those.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

So how much you want to bet that most of those orders are going to end up on eBay to sell for millions the first chance they get?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Allicrombie

So how much you want to bet that most of those orders are going to end up on eBay to sell for millions the first chance they get?

c_rake
early estimates on amazon's boards are that 80% were bought by resellers. =P
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#12 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

early estimates on amazon's boards are that 80% were bought by resellers. =PAllicrombie

So eBay should be flooded by auctions for these then. Gonna be a lot of people getting rich off this.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

Allicrombie
early estimates on amazon's boards are that 80% were bought by resellers. =P

Ugh, that really grinds my gears.