The most fun I've had gaming in a very, very long time.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

For a few years now I guess I've been stuck in sort of a rut trying to find good games that keep me entertained, that I can find actual enjoyment in. I haven't found much of anything to enjoy since BF3 before I quit console gaming in 2013, and even then the games were okay, they kept me entertained but not like this.

I learned about the existence of Quake Champions only about a week ago, gave it a download and I haven't had this much fun with any game in a very, very long time.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

True. You have to find what you like...and then expand on it. Too many times I tried to get into genres other people liked or is very popular. I found out that I gotta stick with what I like or gaming will be a difficult chore.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

in my opinion, people are trying to make their games to expansive, or bigger than what they really are.. not every game needs to have some epic storyline and a pile of gameplay mechanics that probably dont belong together.. sometimes, you just want to pick up a weapon and beat the crap out of some opponents.. no crafting, no building, no perks, just action

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yep, I struggle with a lot of this too.

Because of this, I'd consider myself more of a casual gamer. As @outworld222 said, you just have to find what you like to play.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Quake: Champions has been amazing fun for me. If just lacking compared to Quake Live. Was playing it for over a year and a half but dropped off a few months ago. They've reset global progress too many time for older players. It's why player-count is at an all time low. Doesn't help that some of the recent patches also bought horrid lag (was fixed I read).

For new players it should be enticing. For returning it has been a continuous slap in the face.

May comeback when it leaves Early Access. Game is close to three years old now.