The Dark Eye: Blackguards - Has someone already played?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mulligan1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mulligan1982
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

hi

today i found "Blackguards" and it looks really great (and were developed in my country, yeh ^^)

can anyone tell me something about the game and his experiences? :)

the game comes out at the 24. 01. 2014 but with steam early access you can buy it now and play the first part of the game (if I'm not mistaken)

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Otomo1979

Hi Mulligan

I bought it in the Steam Christmas Sale. The game is pretty good if you like roundbased strategy. Currently I'm in the second chapter of three that were published so far. The tactical depth of the game is awesome. I encountered only a few minor bugs so far. It seems to be a pretty "late" early access IMO. I can't wait to get my hands on the last two chapters.

Two Thumbs up!!! ;)

LuzerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LuzerGS
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

@otomo1979 said:

Hi Mulligan

I bought it in the Steam Christmas Sale. The game is pretty good if you like roundbased strategy. Currently I'm in the second chapter of three that were published so far. The tactical depth of the game is awesome. I encountered only a few minor bugs so far. It seems to be a pretty "late" early access IMO. I can't wait to get my hands on the last two chapters.

Two Thumbs up!!! ;)

Hey thanks for the insight Otomo1979!

I've had my eye on this title for what seems like ages but I've never been one for 'Early Access' or even Closed/Open Betas as I feel like it's better to wait for the full, completed package.

However, it is SO tempting to get it right now but I must remain strong!

I really do appreciate your impressions, and I was wondering; since I'm a 'narrative is important' kind of dude and I was wondering what are your thoughts on Blackguards' story? It says it has quite a dark and gritty narrative, which is exactly how I like my fantasy RPGs, so is this more or less true?

Also do you know whether or not the release of the fifth chapter indicates the games official release?

Thanks in advance!

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Otomo1979

@LuzerGS said:

@otomo1979 said:

Hi Mulligan

Two Thumbs up!!! ;)

Hey thanks for the insight Otomo1979!

I've had my eye on this title for what seems like ages but I've never been one for 'Early Access' or even Closed/Open Betas as I feel like it's better to wait for the full, completed package.

However, it is SO tempting to get it right now but I must remain strong!

I really do appreciate your impressions, and I was wondering; since I'm a 'narrative is important' kind of dude and I was wondering what are your thoughts on Blackguards' story? It says it has quite a dark and gritty narrative, which is exactly how I like my fantasy RPGs, so is this more or less true?

Also do you know whether or not the release of the fifth chapter indicates the games official release?

Thanks in advance!

You are Welcome! Sorry for responding so late^^ But I was at my grandparents house for the last week and they have no Internet at all.... ;( This should be prohibited!!! XD Therefore I'm just glad that the retail version will be released WITHOUT DRM as Daedalic has recently announced. Finally a game that you can play offline XD

Yeah the story is just freakin awesome and the characters are more or less what you would call anti heroes. It is indeed pretty dark and gritty. There are several moments in the game where you think "oh no this can't happen".

I hope you saw that Blackguard was offered 50% off in the Steam Sale. most of my friends got it this way ;)

I'm not quiet sure if the release of the fifth chapter equals the final release but the game will be complete and I think that it won't be long untill the game can be called "final". IMO you can start playing the game right now. The game is already pretty "final", even without the final chapter. A lot of fun!!!

LuzerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LuzerGS
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

@otomo1979: Oh hey don't worry 'bout it!

Yeah I saw it on sale and I was SO tempted to get it but I decided not to. I still can't get over the whole 'Early Access' adversity syndrome thing I've developed, which is a shame because there are SO many early access games I wanted to get during the sale - dang I probably should've...

But yeah so glad to hear that the story is awesome and the whole anti-hero protagonists is always a nice draw. I'm 100% sure I will be all over this game when it's released!

Oh and, VGReleases lists Blackguards release date as January 24th - if this is accurate then I CANNOT WAIT!!

Thanks again for the reply!

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Otomo1979

@LuzerGS said:

@otomo1979: Oh hey don't worry 'bout it!

Yeah I saw it on sale and I was SO tempted to get it but I decided not to. I still can't get over the whole 'Early Access' adversity syndrome thing I've developed, which is a shame because there are SO many early access games I wanted to get during the sale - dang I probably should've...

But yeah so glad to hear that the story is awesome and the whole anti-hero protagonists is always a nice draw. I'm 100% sure I will be all over this game when it's released!

Oh and, VGReleases lists Blackguards release date as January 24th - if this is accurate then I CANNOT WAIT!!

Thanks again for the reply!

Yeah it is kind of a trend right now. Early Access is usually nothing else than "Hey there, our game isn't finished yet but we offer it at full price anyway. Oh and you will have to help us to get rid of these nasty gamebreaker bugs... have fun!". But it is the only chance for Indie developers to be able to make games at all these days. As I have participated in around 20 betas so far I really don't mind it IF the final product is what I paid for in the first place. And it is a whole other issue with the Blackguards Early Access IMO. I really love this game. There was only one major gamebreaking bug in the first chapter that was fixed within 24-48 hours after I reported it on the Steam Community Hub, which is the official forums by the way. Awesome Idea IMO! I really like how Daedalic wokrs. They really seem to care about their Community. That is very rare these days with all this Free2play crap around. I even saw Daedalic Staff on several external Community forums. I don't mind that it is released in chapters since the schedule of Daedalic is pretty fast. And I played the latest Tell tale games which were released the same way. So it is no problem for me at all to have "Early Access".

IMO YOU SHOULD HAVE BAUGHT THE GAME FOR 50% OFF!!! IN JANUARY YOU WILL PAY THE FULL PRICE ANYWAY!!! XD

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Otomo1979

Buckle up Folks! Chapter 5 will be released in a couple of days!^^ Daedalic published an unboxing video for the Collector's Edition. I already ordered it. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGh9Xm7wwZU&list=UUJc-FppH_dRbXWOpUK-7fjg&feature=c4-overview

oh and Daedalic published a tutorial video for character creation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSjvNRCq4I&list=UUJc-FppH_dRbXWOpUK-7fjg&feature=c4-overview

Mulligan1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mulligan1982

@otomo1979 said:

Buckle up Folks! Chapter 5 will be released in a couple of days!^^ Daedalic published an unboxing video for the Collector's Edition. I already ordered it. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGh9Xm7wwZU&list=UUJc-FppH_dRbXWOpUK-7fjg&feature=c4-overview

oh and Daedalic published a tutorial video for character creation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSjvNRCq4I&list=UUJc-FppH_dRbXWOpUK-7fjg&feature=c4-overview

thanks for the links :)

have you a exact date for chapter 5? i can't wait anymore... ^^

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Otomo1979

@mulligan1982 said:

@otomo1979 said:

thanks for the links :)

have you a exact date for chapter 5? i can't wait anymore... ^^

Yes I have an exact release date. The fifth chapter should be relased this evening. As it seems it was antedated XD

And I have another awesome news. Daedalic published the whole first chapter as free demo. How cool is that? I love Daedalic!!!

http://www.gamershell.com/news_160065.html

Otomo1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Otomo1979

Has anyone joined the AMA on Reddit? I missed it but it is a very interesting read. As it seems Daedalic is currently working on a DLC with new features. Can't wait for it!!!

For your interest: http://de.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vuvzb/iama_developer_of_blackguards_daedalic/

Oh and they award 40k keys for Chains of Satinav! XD