The Co-Op Concept

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samcro810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Samcro810
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts

I'm usually not a team player in most games, in fact I prefer the single-player experience over any multiplayer or co-op game. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with those two since sometimes I get addicted to them myself. Finding a good co-op game isn't always easy, since game developers have to balance the gameplay between two players and make them compatible in ways such as reviving the other player when he/she is down, exchanging equipment etc. The most important factor is keeping the action fun for both players. Gears of War was the first good co-op game I tried and co-op was even better in Gears of War 2 in Horde Mode. I was skeptical on how co-op would work with the Resident Evil 4 control set-up in Resident Evil 5, but I discovered it worked quite smoothly. My favorite co-op experience was playing Nazi Zombie Mode in Call of Duty: World At War, because come on, you're shooting zombies with Call of Duty controls! Sometimes it might seem like a drag when you have to keep your partner alive, yet at the same time it's not so bad when someone's got your back.

By the way, can anyone suggest a few good co-op games for me since I haven't tried everything?(Not Splinter Cell Conviction, I have that)

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I'm usually not a team player in most games, in fact I prefer the single-player experience over any multiplayer or co-op game. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with those two since sometimes I get addicted to them myself. Finding a good co-op game isn't always easy, since game developers have to balance the gameplay between two players and make them compatible in ways such as reviving the other player when he/she is down, exchanging equipment etc. The most important factor is keeping the action fun for both players. Gears of War was the first good co-op game I tried and co-op was even better in Gears of War 2 in Horde Mode. I was skeptical on how co-op would work with the Resident Evil 4 control set-up in Resident Evil 5, but I discovered it worked quite smoothly. My favorite co-op experience was playing Nazi Zombie Mode in Call of Duty: World At War, because come on, you're shooting zombies with Call of Duty controls! Sometimes it might seem like a drag when you have to keep your partner alive, yet at the same time it's not so bad when someone's got your back.

By the way, can anyone suggest a few good co-op games for me since I haven't tried everything?(Not Splinter Cell Conviction, I have that)

Samcro810

Well, for suggestions or recommendations you have to use the sticky or else you risk being modded and your topic closed.

As far as co-op i tend to prefer local co-op rather than online. Of course, this is pretty much extinct now because the devs rather have two different people play on two different machines or at least two different accoutns, hence more money for M$oft and the devs...

To answer your questions about suggestions : Army of Two 1 and Army of Two 2, Borderlands are to name a few, but as i said use the sticky...

Son1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Son1x
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts

Not sure if its what you are looking for but there are some RPGs with some coop like Sacred 2, Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata.

The last 2 are only local coop, while Sacred 2, I believe, has both offline and online coop.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I'm all for co-op and I think it can be a heck of a fun if done right. There may be games where co-op may not feel right, but good implementation can be a big plus for a game. After all, weren't consoles originally ment to be played with a friend? And online play only opens even more possibilites.