the anti Natal gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dancewiz2
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
I have been noticing a lot of fellow gamers complaining about Natal. I was expecting PS3 and wii owners to oppose Natal, but there are xbox owners ranting too. how many times does Microsoft have to say its not going to replace the controller. there will be games that only use Natal, or just a controller, and hopefully some that use a hybrid of both. the real trend in gaming right now is to get more people into gaming. That is a trend that all us gamers should embrace. the studios (Ubisoft, 2K, Bungie, Epic. ect) will make there games with controller.the more people start gaming, the more money and new talent goes into to the games we love. There are a lot of gamers that want to exclude other people from gaming, thinking it makes gaming cooler. it has the opposite effect. We all have been guilty of this in one way or another.
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

the more people start gaming, the more money and new talent goes into to the games we love. Dancewiz2
Really. The Wii has banked more money than any system by bringing in new 'casual gamers'. FAR more money than 360 PC, or PS3. Now where are all of the great games being made from all of that new money, huh? Where are the great FPS, RPG, or big strategy titles? Oh yea, they are on the platforms that AREN'T dedicating themselves to casual gamers. What does the great selling Wii get? TONS of crapware, with a very light sprinkling of good first part titles.

DropTarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DropTarget
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

The problem with your theory is that you are using logic. Logic does not exist when attempting to discuss an issue with a fanboy. And the "Xbox" fans are mostly PS3 and Wii fanboys trying to troll.

Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dancewiz2
nintendo is dedicated to casual gamers, it has been for years. what I am saying is the 360 and the PS3 will make more casual games for there new motion capture systems. which will help bring money into are systems games. they will still make games for the more hard core games.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
Is not giving a damn the same as being "anti-Natal"?
Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dancewiz2
Is not giving a damn the same as being "anti-Natal"?DarkCatalyst
haha no I don't think so.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Is not giving a damn the same as being "anti-Natal"?Dancewiz2

Sweet. Because basically I'm fine with everything so long as I can still do my gaming my way.
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

nintendo is dedicated to casual gamers, it has been for years. what I am saying is the 360 and the PS3 will make more casual games for there new motion capture systems. which will help bring money into are systems games. they will still make games for the more hard core games. Dancewiz2

So development studios should divert their(not THERE) talent a little while to make some crap kiddie title that will take them less time to develop and earn them far more money. Then you want them to go back to devoting their time to the next great thing that will cost a lot more, and have less revenue? That's a hard pacifier to let go of. Look at Maxis and the Sims and Sim City IPs. Which one did Will Wright say was becomming very complex to make? Which one was the easy cash cow? Which one have we not seen a new iteration of in many years?

Natal will come, and we have no say in it, but what I'm saying is that your reasoning for why we should all embrace and look forward to it is flawed.

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
Really. The Wii has banked more money than any system by bringing in new 'casual gamers'. FAR more money than 360 PC, or PS3. Now where are all of the great games being made from all of that new money, huh? Where are the great FPS, RPG, or big strategy titles? Oh yea, they are on the platforms that AREN'T dedicating themselves to casual gamers. What does the great selling Wii get? TONS of crapware, with a very light sprinkling of good first part titles.cybrcatter
While it's true that Nintendo might be focusing a bit too much on the casuals right now, the Wii does have many great games. And on another note, at least the Wii really does have something everyone can get into, versus other systems that are only for us true gamers. I'm not hating on the PS3 or 360, I'm just making a point.

In relation to Natal, I don't think anyone should be hating on it. Like Dancewiz said, Natal isn't taking over the 360 market, but making it more accessible. I see Natal going down a more casual road, but who knows. Maybe some great games will come about as well. Only time will tell.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="Dancewiz2"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Is not giving a damn the same as being "anti-Natal"?DarkCatalyst

Sweet. Because basically I'm fine with everything so long as I can still do my gaming my way.

I agree. As long as it doesn't interfere with the games I want to play or how I want to play them, I couldn't care less.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Keep the controllers, ditch that full body interaction bullcrap. By the way, half of the E3 Natal video was fake, particularly the virtual kid thing was a huge hoax.

I mean, Peter Molyneux presented it and he's known for his blatant lies. Not a good endorsement if you ask me.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Keep the controllers, ditch that full body interaction bullcrap. By the way, half of the E3 Natal video was fake, particularly the virtual kid thing was a huge hoax.

I mean, Peter Molyneux presented it and he's known for his blatant lies. Not a good endorsement if you ask me.

Black_Knight_00

Yeah, that's why a ton of people got to actually interact with Milo and see it for themselves... Maybe you should think before you post. Just gonna throw that out there!

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
Maybe you should think before you post. Just gonna throw that out there!nickdastick
Heh heh heh.
KLONE360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KLONE360
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts

Milo will attract all the pedos into buying 360s! MS IS GENIUS! JK. Natal when i first heard of it i thought it was something perverted lol. Its just gonna be a gimmick like the Wii. The ppl who are tools will love it while the ppl who actually care about fun will be like wtf. Besides PS Eye is basically the same thing and its not really a money maker. The only thing natal really has is marketing. Just as MS has always done since bill gates beat down apple. They marketed and took away the customers other choices just like they always do. Ever see one of those I made Windows 7 possible BS commercials. Basically its all marketing. By making the possible customer feel good and be WOWed by stupid stuff just making it seem as the best thing since sliced bread they make money.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

nickdastick

Yeah, that's why a ton of people got to actually interact with Milo and see it for themselves... Maybe you should think before you post. Just gonna throw that out there!

Hm, all right, and I bet *you* interacted with him to be so sure it works. I will elaborate my post: the elephant and painting things were 100% real and so is *probably* voice recognition for Milo, but I don't buy the fact you can draw anything on a scrap of paper, wave it for a second in front of the camera and he'll recognize it. Hell, look at the video, he doesn't even show what's on the piece of paper he "got" from the user. Think about it, it looks fake a thousand miles away. Remember Molyneux's lies! :D
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

While I loved the Wii concept during it's debut, I've heard more and more the low sales figures of games other than first party titles. While Xbox is not Nintendo, I think the biggest downside to NATAL is the fact controller gimmicks don't make great gameplay. DDR, Guitar Hero, etc may start out fun, but once the excitement wears off, which score do they recieve? Definitely not on the top 100 list thats fure sure..

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
What if the casual gamers start to lean forward towards the real gaming side?
TommyCasual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TommyCasual
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

I'm definitely in the camp of people who couldnt care less about Natal so long as it doesn't effect there still being the steady stream of games that I want to play. What WILL rub me toward anger is if franchises I know and love suddenly start having Natal play an intricate role in new installments of those series.

Magrino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Magrino
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

Is not giving a damn the same as being "anti-Natal"?DarkCatalyst

I'm with this guy. Not giving a damn, by and large, is the way to go, in any given situation, all the time.

Although, I would give a damn if Microsoft were to put pressure on developers to implement Natal functionality into games where it is clearly an abomination against the laws of god and man. For instance, anyone thinking of trying to shoehorn Natal functionality into a shooter should themselves be shot...with a paintball gun, in the, umm...armpit. As such, Cliff, you're safe. That Natal demo using Burnout Paradise? You know, this one? Yeah, painball gun.

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
Natal will change the video game perspective in the future. I think it's a big step from Microsoft to present the new video game concept. It's positive. If it's work as what they want, everybody won't play Wii again.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#21 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Is not giving a damn the same as being "anti-Natal"?TomM_GScom

I'm with this guy. Not giving a damn, by and large, is the way to go, in any given situation, all the time.

Although, I would give a damn if Microsoft were to put pressure on developers to implement Natal functionality into games where it is clearly an abomination against the laws of god and man. For instance, anyone thinking of trying to shoehorn Natal functionality into a shooter should themselves be shot...with a paintball gun, in the, umm...armpit. As such, Cliff, you're safe. That Natal demo using Burnout Paradise? You know, this one? Yeah, painball gun.

Agreed. Here's hoping Microsoft is smart and doesn't forcibly add it into games just for the sake of adding it. We've already seen some developers do something along those lines with the Wii, and, well... you can probably imagine how well that worked.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

So development studios should divert their(not THERE) talent a little while to make some crap kiddie title that will take them less time to develop and earn them far more money. Then you want them to go back to devoting their time to the next great thing that will cost a lot more, and have less revenue? That's a hard pacifier to let go of. Look at Maxis and the Sims and Sim City IPs. Which one did Will Wright say was becomming very complex to make? Which one was the easy cash cow? Which one have we not seen a new iteration of in many years?.

cybrcatter
That's all that needs to be said. If you're going to get more return from less work, then that's precisely what developers will do. If I offered you $50K a year to work in the coal mines or offered you 90K a year to teach 4 hours a week at a local community college, which would you choose?
Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Well i thought Natal had some cool parts to it, but Milo was Peter Molyneux's BS, how many things did you expect from fable 2 but didnt see? he cant be trusted, i heard there was alot of smoke and mirrors behind Milo, and knowing Molyneux for his trickery, i dont expect much from Milo. But if they start making good games for Natal, i might consider it, but ill still use my controller seeing how all of us have used them for years, even with the wii's motion sensing you still need a controller, Natal should be interesting.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I hate DS and Wii games where they don't give you the option to play with traditional controls. What if Punch-Out was motion controls only? Spirit Tracks is great but I wish I can play with the traditional d-pad with some touch screen that compliments the gameplay not take over.

I'll feel the same with Natal.

There will be games where Natal will work really well with, but developers are smart, I'm sure they'll know what works and what doesn't. Capcom won't make Ultra Super Street Fighter IV Dash Turbo X with Natal-only, LOL! But I do expect a ski-game with Natal. If it sounds like it'll work, it should work. If it sounds like it'll be ridiculous than they won't do it. It's really common sense.

beaner_bimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 beaner_bimmer
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

i dont play xbox anymore. i know im not the only one. but here is what i would like to see happen. i would love for natal to go over really well, with no bad decisions made by micro. micro, i want a reason to pay u $100 to fix my xbox. i'll give you the upper hand on this one because you offer tech thats hands free with natal. the potential is vast. mothers and ppl with no tech literacy beyond a cell phone will be enticed provided its hands free. and lets face it. u have the ability to do anything anyone else does at least 2.5x better and break even should u decide to cut back on marketing. there is also close to no excuse for failure because of this. micro, do things right and i will love to enjoy your products. and this is something i think everyone could agree with, regardless of if they are being paid to say it.

Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dancewiz2
there are some ways they can work Natal into controller based games, that I think would me cool. 1. would just be giving your squad orders 2. a commander puts a map on the table, and asks you were they should attack. you then point to an area on the map. 3. when you are being talked to, they look right at you. 3. your getting a lecture, and you yawn. he turns around and gives you a talking too.
Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dancewiz2
small things like that would help the game feel more real
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
You'll often hear people talk about marijuana being a "gateway drug" into harder, more addictive drugs. I think that the Wii's motion-sensing technology, which has brought in a lot of people who aren't traditionally gamers, has become a "gateway drug" into more hardcore games.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

I'm really looking forward to Natal myself. I thought the demonstration by Peter Molyneux of Milo showed some awesome potential and the other stuff looked pretty cool too.

beaner_bimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 beaner_bimmer

I'm really looking forward to Natal myself. I thought the demonstration by Peter Molyneux of Milo showed some awesome potential and the other stuff looked pretty cool too.

Archangel3371
even better profile pic. SAINT ANNE. that is all.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

If Natal didn't meet or exceed my expectation, that's when I'll be "anti Natal" but so far I'm looking forward using the Natal to watch Netflix and stuff like that.

beaner_bimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 beaner_bimmer
small things like that would help the game feel more real Dancewiz2
Realism is my goal. i picture zion in matrix. with all the graphics ppl nit picking over; zion accomplished this with a white backround. natal. live up to this. ur link with windows should allow for bigger better things, but i will not be holding my breath when it comes to that. im not delusional. im willing to wait before i bounce off the walls like a newly trained chimp looking for boundaries. micro: bring it (please)
Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dancewiz2

If Natal didn't meet or exceed my expectation, that's when I'll be "anti Natal" but so far I'm looking forward using the Natal to watch Netflix and stuff like that.

gago-gago
nice to know some people will wait to judge Natal until they get it
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Does it count if I am anit-"everything with motion controls" since I prefer conventional controllers?
acidicadis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 acidicadis
Member since 2009 • 580 Posts

I think Natal would be cool. But I don't play Xbox 360 that much, but I still think the idea would be cool.

Dancewiz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dancewiz2
the only thing that makes me nervous, is the amount of light you need in the room.