The Age of Gaming is Ending...Fast

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalmaggot46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 metalmaggot46
Member since 2008 • 755 Posts

Ever Since the late 90's, games have been getting easier and overcomplicated. don't get me wrong, i like CoD4 and games like that. The lack of blockbuster releases this year is getting me worried. the onle one i can think of is killzone 2 and that's it. half the year is almost over and there have been no HUGE, multi-platform games and i don't see any in the near future. Unless someone pulls somthing out of the covers real quick, i'm goin to lose hope in the gaming market.

Feel free to Critisize this post.

darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts
yeah .... we need more PONG
Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Alan Wake and Heavy Rain. Two games that make this year worth it.

Palpablecheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Palpablecheese
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts
The fact that I just got a xbox 360, the new generation of gaming started for me. Heehee.
aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

What about Street Fighter 4 andResident Evil 5. I'd call them blockbusters. God of war 3 will most likelöey be released this year. and there ar lots of games that aren't huge releases but still seems awesome.

So NO, the age of gaming isn't ending. allthough I dont think we could hope for a gaming year like 2008, this year

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
MetalMaggot agreed. All these "dead months" are *** me off, to be honest none of the 3 companies thought hard about this gen except Nintendo and although they they thought about their console they didn't think jack about their games so yeh flop gen. Games costing too much and taking too long to make nowdays so we just have to keep waiting till E3 every year hoping they release or show some actual worthwhile games. Then its back to the "dead months"
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Ever Since the late 90's, games have been getting easier and overcomplicated. don't get me wrong, i like CoD4 and games like that. The lack of blockbuster releases this year is getting me worried. the onle one i can think of is killzone 2 and that's it. half the year is almost over and there have been no HUGE, multi-platform games and i don't see any in the near future. Unless someone pulls somthing out of the covers real quick, i'm goin to lose hope in the gaming market.

metalmaggot46
COD4..Killzone 2. Ok we got it. You are a jaded FPS gamer.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

I agree. I find it funny how people consider this a good 'Gen" based off of 2 or 3 games. Its sad really. lol.

This Gen is full of childish games and the same, lame, redone, FPS. Only because its easy to make a walking peep hold a gun.

When the PS2 was in its prime, I was overloaded with awesome games, 2 RPGs here, 3 action adventrue platforming games their.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

I agree. I find it funny how people consider this a good 'Gen" based off of 2 or 3 games. Its sad really. lol.

This Gen is full of childish games and the same, lame, redone, FPS. Only because its easy to make a walking peep hold a gun.

When the PS2 was in its prime, I was overloaded with awesome games, 2 RPGs here, 3 action adventrue platforming games their.

agreed.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
As long as there are games that are fun to play, what does it matter if there are no huge multiplatform games?
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
How exactly, does the "fact" that there haven't been any over the top releases mean that gaming is dying?
BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 BothBarsOn
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts

I criticise this post.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
What about all the huge blockbuster releases from previous years? Surely you've missed some?
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#15 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Summary: there aren't AAA games released every day, so gaming is dying.

Joker Clap

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

I like all genres as long as the game is good

metalmaggot46
Then there should be plenty of other games you'd enjoy.
Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts

metalmaggot46

Sorry,you lost me when you said they were easier AND overcomplicated. That's an all out oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Jamie-Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jamie-Quest
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

Gaming is Nowhere close to dying out, with every new gen comes a resession in "Great" games it happens all the time. One month 20 crappy games come out and the next month 3 good games come out, then 6 good games that not many people know about come out. Dig deeper.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Disagree. Gaming is becoming better and more varied in every ways compared to last decades.

The lack of blockbuster this year ? How about Killzone 2, Street Fighter IV, RE 5 ? And other biggest titles won't come out until this holiday:

BioShock 2, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, God of War III ...

Lack of blockbuster ? Think, and/ordo some researchbefore you psot please.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Oh noes! soon 6 months and no game I find epic has been released! Gaming is dead! Way to come to that conclusion. Didn't know Games that got massive Publicity was the sole reason gaming was alive. I'm so educated now!
LGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#21 LGTX
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

Honestly? I don't that much care about it in such a general way. If I always have a couple of games I'm anticipated about, I'm happy with the way the things are. And changes? I honestly don't look at them.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Released:

• Killzone 2
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Resident Evil 5
  • FEAR 2
  • Dark Athena

Upcoming:

• Modern Warfare 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII
  • God of War 3
  • BlazBlue
  • King of Fighters XII
  • Tekken 6
  • InFamous
  • ProtoType
  • Halo ODST
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Forza 3
  • Bioshock 2
  • Uncharted 2
  • Damnation
  • Starcraft 2
  • Diablo 3
  • MAG
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Ghostbusters
  • Brutal Legend

...and more upcoming games that haven't been announced. Wait for E3.

So far, I think the Wii is the only system with nothing new coming this year! :P Well, unless you count WiiSports 2 Resort as a major release. :roll: Maybe for Nintendo since they'll rake in the dough regardless. :(

Everyone else seems just fine! ;)

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
Games are getting easier and complicated at the same time?
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
[QUOTE="Gammit10"]

Joker Clap

And The Joker takes it again.
bigfatcrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bigfatcrap
Member since 2006 • 1919 Posts

*Stares at list of upcoming games*

Hmm. . .nothing I recognize

. . .

OH NOES! GAMING IS DYING!

PANICPANICPANICPANICPANICPANICPANIC!!!!

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts

*Stares at list of upcoming games*

Hmm. . .nothing I recognize

. . .

OH NOES! GAMING IS DYING!

PANICPANICPANICPANICPANICPANICPANIC!!!!

bigfatcrap

OH MUH GAWD! OH MUH GAWD!!!! SOMEONE GET DOCTOR HOUSE HERE!

Vinolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 Vinolence
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter 4 are bad? This is turning out to be a really good year for gaming so far.
RazielOO1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RazielOO1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

metalmaggot46
Its not ending any time soon. . its growing. . . there are all sorts of games being created and released almost daily. . .your just to damn picky. Have you heard about the company thats working on a video game the player controls with his/her mind? You wear a special device and it inerprets your brain waves and alows you to levitate objects and throw them at your opponent. . . It was on the news at one point not too long ago. .
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
2004 was an amazing year for gaming, 2005 was so-so, 2006 was great, 2007 was so-so, 2008 was great, 2009 is being so-so... See the pattern here? According to the stats 2010 will be great.
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts

Man this is nothing. 15 years ago the spring and summer months were the ultimate game quality desert.

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

No blockbusters, which are usually FPS/Third Person gore fests or some overhyped snoreathon? Oh no, the world is ending, we're all doomed and junk, boo hoo. What does it matter? Last year we had several sequels to games, maybe this year we might see new francises, maybe we won't, who knows. It's only April, there's still plenty of time to see how the rest of the gaming year will turn out.

If you're that worried about new games, play some older ones, maybe go for games you overlooked while waiting for the hyped games in previous years. Gaming doesn't end because there's no new games, it only ends when you quit too early.

R/T

matenmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#32 matenmoe
Member since 2004 • 1238 Posts

Hmmm. Not necesarily the death of gaming as we know it, more likely just many peeps getting jaded for 'sexier' stuff to give them the gamer's "O" Face and sooner.

If you went all the way with a hotty once, you can end up comparing everything else to only that.

I've gone into Retro-Gaming hibernation at the moment. Some older titles that have endured-still fun to play despite their date-are keeping me company right now. When my being game-jaded thaws out, I'll just pick up the current new ones everybody else already proved worthy (at half the cost) and start again.

Maybe. Gaming might be ageless for all we know, but gamers aren't. We'll see.

Naruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Naruto
Member since 2002 • 8673 Posts
Gaming is not dying, it's growing. Just because AAA games aren't released every week there are still fun games being released. All you have to do is to step outside your comfortzone in gaming and try something new etc.
Sarcian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sarcian
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

[QUOTE="metalmaggot46"]

Lonnie2Hottie

Sorry,you lost me when you said they were easier AND overcomplicated. That's an all out oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Uhm.... Easy and overly complicated are totally different things. They're non correlative, so they cannot be an oxymoron. We don't have any good games this year, and the few that are good are going relatively unsupported. The best games we have right now are games from holiday season last year... I'm still playing burnout paradise, and castle crashers. Those aren't what I'd call new. The lack of innovation is a bit scary. I have to congratulate people like 2dboy and World of Goo for rocking and making a game worth playing, as well as the people over at dyson-game.com. Indie gaming is taking off a bit, but not as much as we all should like. ~Sarcian
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts

its the economy, the smaller franchises that make those gems cant do that cause of the lack of funding. and many game companies are afraid to go out side the comfort line and risk losing all that money. the age of gaming is not coming to an end. soon they will be way more sophisticated. its just begun really. it might only be coming to an end for you.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

So far, I think the Wii is the only system with nothing new coming this year! :P

ASK_Story

Right, except for Punch Out, Conduit, Silent Hill, Little King's Story, Trace Memory (Possibly), Resident Evil Chronicles II, Dead Space Extraction, Murasama, Boy and His Blob (Possibly), Cave Story, Sin and Punishment II, and most likely more titles...

But other than that, you're right, there's nothing.

SolidSack4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 SolidSack4
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The problem gaming has run into isn't that it's dying, its only getting bigger. The cost of creating a "AAA" title for multipule systems is in the millions and many game companies cannot afford to flip the bill, and if they can and when they no one buys said game..well then your called Midway.The Age of Gaming is only just begining and it's trying to find its place in today's world. It is no longer the little secret industry that,only to those who are proper hardcore, know about. It's becoming mainstream due to systems like the Wii and DS. My dad of age 52 finished Twilight Princess on the Wii and was so enthused about games he actually pick my PS3 and beat Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Give it time and patience and you'll find that video games are a religion and Haze is the s%@t.

P.S. There is also some sort of recession or something that might prevent companies from making big games

metalmaggot46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 metalmaggot46

[QUOTE="metalmaggot46"]

mirgamer

COD4..Killzone 2. Ok we got it. You are a jaded FPS gamer.

I just used those as examples. i also like

LittleBigPlanet, Empire Earth, Halo Wars, Phun, Armadillo Run, Facewound, Spore

pretty much any genre as long as it is a good game

metalmaggot46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 metalmaggot46

[QUOTE="metalmaggot46"]

Lonnie2Hottie

Overcomplicated doen't always mean it's harder

The problem gaming has run into isn't that it's dying, its only getting bigger. The cost of creating a "AAA" title for multipule systems is in the millions and many game companies cannot afford to flip the bill, and if they can and when they no one buys said game..well then your called Midway.The Age of Gaming is only just begining and it's trying to find its place in today's world. It is no longer the little secret industry that,only to those who are proper hardcore, know about. It's becoming mainstream due to systems like the Wii and DS. My dad of age 52 finished Twilight Princess on the Wii and was so enthused about games he actually pick my PS3 and beat Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Give it time and patience and you'll find that video games are a religion and Haze is the s%@t.

P.S. There is also some sort of recession or something that might prevent companies from making big games

SolidSack4

Another problem is that it's getting TOO Mainstream and it's taking the foccus off of gamers that actually give a **** about what they're playing

IAMTHEJOKER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 IAMTHEJOKER88
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

As soon as we reach an economic boom, system wars cease to exist, and sole dedication of making good games instead of publishing trash for the benefit of the bigger corporations, *cough* EA *cough* then gaming will never reach its true potential, replicating reality in an amusing yet time-wasting way.

From what gaming has evolved in over twenty years i can not even think of what lies ahead of us.

Gaming will never die. It is simply too fun and too cool.

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

I don't even know why this post is here. If the age of gaming is ending than I guess you will be selling off your gaming systems and picking up a golf club or what every sport you used to play before this age of gaming kept you off your feet. The gaming industry is getting better and better with games being released every week and you can find at least one gem every month.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
I'm confused by TC's post. Easier....yet overcomplicated? That's a paradox at best, ain't it? Also....HUGE multiplats? No blockbusters? What about Resident Evil 5 (for which there's a thread going right now on this board regarding its sales) and Street Fighter IV? Those were big titles and great titles and both came out (along with Killzone 2) in what is probably almost always the quietest quarter of the year.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts

Ever Since the late 90's, games have been getting easier and overcomplicated.

metalmaggot46

Does not compute. OMG OMG OMG my brain.....

KDLJAOSDIJFPOJEL;ANFEAJOPFJPOWAFLSAFJEPAFLN

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="metalmaggot46"]

BladesOfAthena

Oh no, see what you have done metalmaggot: now we have to reboot her, hopefully we won't have to reinstall the operating system. :P:P:lol::lol:
Cally_Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cally_Cooper

Yoooo this year looks promising with modern warfare 2 coming out and mafia 2 the 1 am looking forword to the most is UFC Undisputed 2009 i`ve been looking forward to this for nearly a year now looks awsome if anyone is getting it next month or thinking of getting it tell me your xboxlive name and i will jack u up with the Ice Man Chuck Liddell.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#46 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

No it's not :?

In fact the number of gamers is increasing massively :|

fpsbrofunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fpsbrofunk
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

Gammit10
I dont agree
fpsbrofunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fpsbrofunk
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

[QUOTE="metalmaggot46"]

Black_Knight_00

Oh no, see what you have done metalmaggot: now we have to reboot her, hopefully we won't have to reinstall the operating system. :P:P:lol::lol:

Funny, funny, funny, funny
Cantius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49 Cantius
Member since 2004 • 3894 Posts
This is pretty much solely your opinion that gaming is dying. I think more than 4 million people would disagree with you. Hell, maybe even more.
NouaShax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NouaShax
Individual opinion. Any fun game feels like a blockbuster to me. But that is just me....