Tales of Graces F Us release!

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turnerpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 turnerpilot
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I was just informed on twitter that tales of Graces F is coming to the US! Who's excited? I should also mention that I'm following FiltheRich, Namco's communications manager, so anything I hear is more than likely true( unless its April fools day, which it isn't. )
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Has this been confirmed yet? Namco has been hinting at it for a little while now, but as far as I know they haven't come right out and said it yet...

EDIT: YES!!!!!! It's been confirmed!!!

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
All I can say is HELL YEAH! PURE, EPIC WIN, BABY!!! (On the PS3, correct?) Also, what the hell kind of name for the website is that? A tale of Tworichards?
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

What system is Tales Of Graces F on? The Wii?

turnerpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 turnerpilot
No details on the system, but I own both a PS3 and Wii, so I'm not too concerned. (I'd rather see it on the PS3 though.) The name of the website is A Tale of two Richards, NB had a puzzle to unscramble the logo, those who did got to see the release( or something like that, im not sure ).
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

What about Vesperia?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Metamania

No details on the system, but I own both a PS3 and Wii, so I'm not too concerned. (I'd rather see it on the PS3 though.) The name of the website is A Tale of two Richards, NB had a puzzle to unscramble the logo, those who did got to see the release( or something like that, im not sure ).turnerpilot

That's disappointing news to me, because I currently own an XBox 360 only and it sucks because I've been waiting for the ToV remake to appear on the system and not be on the PS3 as an exclusive or a brand-new Tales game to arrive on the XBox 360. So to see them make this for either system is a huge blow to XBox 360 owners such as myself. Hopefully, they'll bring encouraging news on the XBox 360 front soon...

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

What about Vesperia?

Zanoh

I think that ship has sailed...

Anyway, this is good news for me, as long as there's a PS3 version in the works.

evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 evilgamer22
Member since 2009 • 2408 Posts

I'm a big fan of the Tales series, so this is great news. Personally don't care what system its for since I have them all, but a PS3 version would be great.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lazyathew

This is the PS3 version that's coming. The Wii version is just called "Tales of Graces." the PS3 version is "Tales of Graces F." And the website says Tales of Graces F.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I'm a big fan of the Tales series, so this is great news. Personally don't care what system its for since I have them all, but a PS3 version would be great.

evilgamer22

It's the PS3 version of Tales of Graces.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Metamania

[QUOTE="evilgamer22"]

jasonharris48

It's the PS3 version of Tales of Graces.

And the hits just keep on coming...!

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Hope this means xiliia has a shot of doing the same.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

ITS.

ABOUT.

DMN.

TIME.

God, the PS3 hasn't had a good JRPG since FF13! and before that, nothing!

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lazyathew

Zerocrossings

It will ifenough people support Graces.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tjoeb123

ITS.

ABOUT.

DMN.

TIME.

God, the PS3 hasn't had a good JRPG since FF13! and before that, nothing!

KillerWabbit23
And on top of that, this is the 1st Tales game in ages to be localized. Hence the reason for my earlier post. Preordering ASAP.
turnerpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 turnerpilot

[QUOTE="Zerocrossings"]

lazyathew

It will ifenough people support Graces.

^Thats the same thing I told the people at Scrawl. I don't want to see a other tales game on the Wii, though I'm a Nintendo fan, the controls bite. Also, off the subject, I don't like the TOS 2 push to travel map, one of my favorite things about tales is free traveling the map I hope they don't do that with Graces F. (i believe they did it with the Wii graces)
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Best news is that it's on the PS3. This means I will be able to import it without having to worry about region locking. Let's face it, chances of PAL regions getting it the same year are almost non-existent if they even get it at all.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Zerocrossings

It will if we all buy Graces F :P. I am going to no doubt.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jasonharris48

I heard its coming out for the Wii system and getting everything the ps3 version has. They stopped bring tales games over here because of the little success it had for the 360's version and Wii's version. Its deemed as developing for the xbox 360 or PS3 is considered a risk and to expensive. It can make or brake a game company if it does not sell well again. Thats why your seeing a F in it because it will be renamed tales of graces F for the Wii when it ships to the U.S. with the ps3 content in it. That game will determine if we continue to see more tales of games coming over here if it does good. xXKidJerseyXx
You're so off. Tales of Graces F is the PS3 version that came out last year in Japan. (enhanced HD visuals, extra costumes, events)

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"]I heard its coming out for the Wii system and getting everything the ps3 version has. They stopped bring tales games over here because of the little success it had for the 360's version and Wii's version. Its deemed as developing for the xbox 360 or PS3 is considered a risk and to expensive. It can make or brake a game company if it does not sell well again. Thats why your seeing a F in it because it will be renamed tales of graces F for the Wii when it ships to the U.S. with the ps3 content in it. That game will determine if we continue to see more tales of games coming over here if it does good. xXKidJerseyXx

You're so off. Tales of Graces F is the PS3 version that came out last year in Japan. (enhanced HD visuals, extra costumes, events)

It makes perfect sense in why they have not been bringing tales games to the US. They think theres no interest for it over here. If they think that (which they do) then there not gonna waste a bigger budget in making a PS3 or 360 version for the US.

Dude it's the PS3 version heck the the article is even listed on the home page lol. Tales of Graces F which came out in December of last year in Japan is the version we're getting.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6297363.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

I rest my case.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] It makes perfect sense in why they have not been bringing tales games to the US. They think theres no interest for it over here. If they think that (which they do) then there not gonna waste a bigger budget in making a PS3 or 360 version for the US. xXKidJerseyXx

Dude it's the PS3 version heck the the article is even listed on the home page lol. Tales of Graces F which came out in December of last year in Japan is the version we're getting.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6297363.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

I rest my case.

Well it was still pretty thought out on my reasonings lol.

Making another Wii version with the extras in F would cost more than localising the PS3 version.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] Well it was still pretty thought out on my reasonings lol.xXKidJerseyXx

Making another Wii version with the extras in F would cost more than localising the PS3 version.

Maybe not to sure on that but makes no sense to give it to the PS3 there user base is mostly in Japan not the US. US is Xbox 360 and Wii land. At least thats what everyone has around me. More 360 then Wii.

Another Wii version would cost more (development cost, production cost, localization cost) Also ToG F sold more on the PS3 in Japan compared to the original Wii version (for first month sales). ToS2 (wii title) flopped here and didn't do so well in Japan. A lot of PS3 owners (myself included have been waiting for a PS3 title to come out overseas) It seems Bamco finally listened.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] Maybe not to sure on that but makes no sense to give it to the PS3 there user base is mostly in Japan not the US. US is Xbox 360 and Wii land. At least thats what everyone has around me. More 360 then Wii. xXKidJerseyXx

Another Wii version would cost more (development cost, production cost, localization cost) Also ToG F sold more on the PS3 in Japan compared to the original Wii version (for first month sales). ToS2 (wii title) flopped here and didn't do so well in Japan. A lot of PS3 owners (myself included have been waiting for a PS3 title to come out overseas) It seems Bamco finally listened.

Yeah the PS3 has been starved for some tales of games and let out in the dark. I wonder what happened to all the great rpgs like grandia and to a lesser degree wild arms.

I think Tri Ace has something up their sleves for a new Granida title (as well as a new Star Ocean). As for Wild Arms I'm not sure wasn't the last title on PSP?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Metamania

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Another Wii version would cost more (development cost, production cost, localization cost) Also ToG F sold more on the PS3 in Japan compared to the original Wii version (for first month sales). ToS2 (wii title) flopped here and didn't do so well in Japan. A lot of PS3 owners (myself included have been waiting for a PS3 title to come out overseas) It seems Bamco finally listened.

jasonharris48

Yeah the PS3 has been starved for some tales of games and let out in the dark. I wonder what happened to all the great rpgs like grandia and to a lesser degree wild arms.

I think Tri Ace has something up their sleves for a new Granida title (as well as a new Star Ocean). As for Wild Arms I'm not sure wasn't the last title on PSP?

If my memory serves me right, it was called Wild Arms XF and it was on the PSP as a tactical role-playing game. I remember hearing about a Wild Arms 6 being announced at the Tokyo Game Show back in 2009, but since then, nothing has surfaced about the game...yet.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tjoeb123

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Another Wii version would cost more (development cost, production cost, localization cost) Also ToG F sold more on the PS3 in Japan compared to the original Wii version (for first month sales). ToS2 (wii title) flopped here and didn't do so well in Japan. A lot of PS3 owners (myself included have been waiting for a PS3 title to come out overseas) It seems Bamco finally listened.

jasonharris48

Please say the Star Ocean thing is true. Also the Grandia series is (or rather, was) handled by Working Designs. As far as Wild Arms, I heard that its creator left Media Vision. We need to see a version of that on current gen consoles too, even though it's been 4 years since Wild Arms XF was released. (2007)
turnerpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 turnerpilot

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Making another Wii version with the extras in F would cost more than localising the PS3 version.

jasonharris48

Maybe not to sure on that but makes no sense to give it to the PS3 there user base is mostly in Japan not the US. US is Xbox 360 and Wii land. At least thats what everyone has around me. More 360 then Wii.

Actually, Tales of the Abyss brought in a lot of tales fans, and it was for the ps2. I'm not saying everyone who owns a ps2 now owns a ps3, but more than likely the majority of tales fans do. PlayStation used to be the big rpg system, recently they've been too busy fighting with x-box over Fps' sadly.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] Yeah the PS3 has been starved for some tales of games and let out in the dark. I wonder what happened to all the great rpgs like grandia and to a lesser degree wild arms.tjoeb123

Please say the Star Ocean thing is true. Also the Grandia series is (or rather, was) handled by Working Designs. As far as Wild Arms, I heard that its creator left Media Vision. We need to see a version of that on current gen consoles too, even though it's been 4 years since Wild Arms XF was released. (2007)

Oh yea Square-Enix was just the publisher.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

PlayStation used to be the big rpg system,turnerpilot

They had the crown but dropped it bigtime with the PS3.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#36 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Great news. Even better that it is the PS3 version with extras, if only they did that for Vesperia.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Metamania

Great news. Even better that it is the PS3 version with extras, if only they did that for Vesperia.Legolas_Katarn

If they had brought Vesperia over, I would have bought a PS3 for Vesperia and other games too.

CrankyStorming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 CrankyStorming
Member since 2010 • 223 Posts

If they had brought Vesperia over, I would have bought a PS3 for Vesperia and other games too.Metamania
I'm sure they did. I remember there was a big argument over what it was released for.

What doesn't make sense about the Graces announcement is that they've been teasing us for the last few days, only to tease us some more. Why not just hold a press conference or release a video on your website, Namco?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I am very pleased. Very pleased indeed.

DanKC25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 DanKC25
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

jasonharris48

I thought Game Arts developed the Grandia series? Does tri-Ace have the rights for it or something now? I'd be great if there were another Grandia title.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Metamania

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] Yeah the PS3 has been starved for some tales of games and let out in the dark. I wonder what happened to all the great rpgs like grandia and to a lesser degree wild arms.DanKC25

I thought Game Arts developed the Grandia series? Does tri-Ace have the rights for it or something now? I'd be great if there were another Grandia title.

Game Arts did develop the Grandia series.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] Yeah the PS3 has been starved for some tales of games and let out in the dark. I wonder what happened to all the great rpgs like grandia and to a lesser degree wild arms.DanKC25

Game arts developed it and Enix published..my bad.

HotRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HotRevolver
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts

This is our chance as fans to support the "Tales of" franchise. If this game sells well, we could get Xillia too. But only if it sells well.

turnerpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 turnerpilot
^ I agree. This is very good because, though its hard to admit, after playing TOS or TOA 6000 times each it does get a bit dry. (but not too dry)
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="xXKidJerseyXx"] Maybe not to sure on that but makes no sense to give it to the PS3 there user base is mostly in Japan not the US. US is Xbox 360 and Wii land. At least thats what everyone has around me. More 360 then Wii. turnerpilot

Actually, Tales of the Abyss brought in a lot of tales fans, and it was for the ps2. I'm not saying everyone who owns a ps2 now owns a ps3, but more than likely the majority of tales fans do. PlayStation used to be the big rpg system, recently they've been too busy fighting with x-box over Fps' sadly.

Not really... Symphonia was the game that made a lot of Tales fans outside of Japan, but Legendia sold poorly on the PS2, and Abyss sold even worse (PS2, on the same day as Final Fantasy XII's release). Last gen, most of the Tales fans outside of Japan had a GameCube.

If Graces F is good, I'll be getting it, but I passed on Dawn of the New World since they went all monster gathering/training + the quality just didn't seem to be there (not to mention changing voices = meh), and I didn't get Vesperia because I really don't like the idea of buying an incomplete game (same reason I haven't bought Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep even though I feel like it's the best the series has to offer). Tales of the World didn't interest me.

So, the only Tales games I own are Symphonia, Phantasia, and Destiny. Hm... maybe I'll go back and finish Destiny, since I've finished the other two. :lol: If Namco really wants to make me happy (which they don't, obviously), they need to bring the 3DS port of Abyss overseas.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Metamania

[QUOTE="turnerpilot"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Another Wii version would cost more (development cost, production cost, localization cost) Also ToG F sold more on the PS3 in Japan compared to the original Wii version (for first month sales). ToS2 (wii title) flopped here and didn't do so well in Japan. A lot of PS3 owners (myself included have been waiting for a PS3 title to come out overseas) It seems Bamco finally listened.

MAILER_DAEMON

Not really... Symphonia was the game that made a lot of Tales fans outside of Japan, but Legendia sold poorly on the PS2, and Abyss sold even worse (PS2, on the same day as Final Fantasy XII's release). Last gen, most of the Tales fans outside of Japan had a GameCube.

If Graces F is good, I'll be getting it, but I passed on Dawn of the New World since they went all monster gathering/training + the quality just didn't seem to be there (not to mention changing voices = meh), and I didn't get Vesperia because I really don't like the idea of buying an incomplete game (same reason I haven't bought Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep even though I feel like it's the best the series has to offer). Tales of the World didn't interest me.

So, the only Tales games I own are Symphonia, Phantasia, and Destiny. Hm... maybe I'll go back and finish Destiny, since I've finished the other two. :lol: If Namco really wants to make me happy (which they don't, obviously), they need to bring the 3DS port of Abyss overseas.

That's unfortunate to hear, because Abyss was such a strong game from start to finish and still is. I wouldn't mind going through several more playthroughs of it, because it was my first exposure to the series. I've heard a lot of great things about Tales Of Destiny...that's one RPG in the series I have yet to play.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

So, the only Tales games I own are Symphonia, Phantasia, and Destiny.

MAILER_DAEMON

Those are my 3 favorite Tales games. Kinda sad that newer one's didn't replace them. Reminds me of Suikoden and how it went to hell after 2.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Metamania

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]

So, the only Tales games I own are Symphonia, Phantasia, and Destiny.

Dracula68

Those are my 3 favorite Tales games. Kinda sad that newer one's didn't replace them. Reminds me of Suikoden and how it went to hell after 2.

Yeah, of all the games in the series that I loved the most in the Suikoden series, the first and second games were absolutely fantastic. To this day, I have yet to see a fantastic heel like Luca Blight, from Suikoden 2.

turnerpilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 turnerpilot

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]

[QUOTE="turnerpilot"] Actually, Tales of the Abyss brought in a lot of tales fans, and it was for the ps2. I'm not saying everyone who owns a ps2 now owns a ps3, but more than likely the majority of tales fans do. PlayStation used to be the big rpg system, recently they've been too busy fighting with x-box over Fps' sadly.Metamania

That's unfortunate to hear, because Abyss was such a strong game from start to finish and still is. I wouldn't mind going through several more playthroughs of it, because it was my first exposure to the series. I've heard a lot of great things about Tales Of Destiny...that's one RPG in the series I have yet to play.

^ See, thats what I mean.