Super Castevania 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Is it just me or is this one of if not the best castlevania ever? I haven't played it in ages and I played it again and I just can't stop playing! THe music! THe graphics! Its so amazing of a game for it's age. I love it.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I agree that the game is terrific! It is defeinetly my favorite platforming, non-RPG castlevania, though i don't know if it is my overall favorite castlevania game. (That title may belong to Symphony of the Night)

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Symphony of the Night is the best. :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Symphony of the Night is the best. :P

Zerocrossings
It will always be the best. :P
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

I don't know why they ditched the 8-way whip strike. I guess they wanted to make Simon that much more badass by making him the only Belmont who can do it. 8)

jeff729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 jeff729
Member since 2005 • 23 Posts

Yeah, I love Castlevania IV. It's my third favorite Castlevania, behind SOTN and Dracula's Curse. It's always fun to play through again. I love the cavern level and the level with the gold and treasure chests. I feel like playing it right now.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I don't know why they ditched the 8-way whip strike. I guess they wanted to make Simon that much more badass by making him the only Belmont who can do it. 8)

King9999
That's one of the reasons why it's still my favorite Castlevania. I mean, Symphony of the Night is awesome... but really, you just can't beat the classicness of Castlevania IV.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I dunno, I liked Dracula's Curse more than IV for some reason. Its still a great game though.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I dunno, I liked Dracula's Curse more than IV for some reason. Its still a great game though.Allicrombie
Yeah, Castlevania III was pretty awesome. I loved Alucard because he could actually turn into a bat. Still, the graphics in world four of Castlevania IV is like.. better than anything!
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I dunno, I liked Dracula's Curse more than IV for some reason. Its still a great game though.JustPlainLucas
Yeah, Castlevania III was pretty awesome. I loved Alucard because he could actually turn into a bat. Still, the graphics in world four of Castlevania IV is like.. better than anything!

I didn't like castlevania III: dracula's Curse, though that is mostly because the game frusterated me to no end. :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="King9999"]

That's one of the reasons why it's still my favorite Castlevania. I mean, Symphony of the Night is awesome... but really, you just can't beat the classicness of Castlevania IV.

Super Casltevania IV remains my second favorite if not just for the classic feel, but for overall gameplay as well. It was a fun and challenging adventure. Also, I'm not sure if anyone cared or not, but I also loved the soundtrack. The main theme was the best that I've heard it in.