This topic is locked from further discussion.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I really don't think I'll ever move on to the current gens. I still have 4 RPGs to play and recently bought Burnout 3 which is just too damn addictive. I guess it's a good thing as the PS3 will have a price drop by the time I've actually finished with my PS2. :P

MrEco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrEco
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
If you like Burnout 3 then you absolutely have to get Burnout: Revenge (The sequel to Burnout 3). It's also on the PS2 and is by far the best racing game ever created (IMO). And by the way, don't feel alone about sticking with a last gen console. I'm on the same boat. There are just tons of absolutely stellar games on the 6th generation consoles. Why would someone just skip em' all and by a 360, PS3 or Wii? What, to keep up with trends? Screw that. I'd rather keep playing the literally hundreds of quality games that are back on my PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

riiiiiiiight. i bet you're dying to get a PS3.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LeGoofyGoober

If you like Burnout 3 then you absolutely have to get Burnout: Revenge (The sequel to Burnout 3). It's also on the PS2 and is by far the best racing game ever created (IMO). And by the way, don't feel alone about sticking with a last gen console. I'm on the same boat. There are just tons of absolutely stellar games on the 6th generation consoles. Why would someone just skip em' all and by a 360, PS3 or Wii? What, to keep up with trends? Screw that. I'd rather keep playing the literally hundreds of quality games that are back on my PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.MrEco

cuz the PS3 is backwards compatible. you'd be playing all your old favorites plus new, current gen games. :|

MrEco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrEco

[QUOTE="MrEco"]If you like Burnout 3 then you absolutely have to get Burnout: Revenge (The sequel to Burnout 3). It's also on the PS2 and is by far the best racing game ever created (IMO). And by the way, don't feel alone about sticking with a last gen console. I'm on the same boat. There are just tons of absolutely stellar games on the 6th generation consoles. Why would someone just skip em' all and by a 360, PS3 or Wii? What, to keep up with trends? Screw that. I'd rather keep playing the literally hundreds of quality games that are back on my PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.LeGoofyGoober

cuz the PS3 is backwards compatible. you'd be playing all your old favorites plus new, current gen games. :|

No. No it's not.
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LeGoofyGoober

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

[QUOTE="MrEco"]If you like Burnout 3 then you absolutely have to get Burnout: Revenge (The sequel to Burnout 3). It's also on the PS2 and is by far the best racing game ever created (IMO). And by the way, don't feel alone about sticking with a last gen console. I'm on the same boat. There are just tons of absolutely stellar games on the 6th generation consoles. Why would someone just skip em' all and by a 360, PS3 or Wii? What, to keep up with trends? Screw that. I'd rather keep playing the literally hundreds of quality games that are back on my PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.MrEco

No. No it's not.

thats weird. just today i was playing FFX on my 60 gig. :|

DeadlyWormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DeadlyWormy
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

That's only the 60gb. Every other PS3 console is not backwards compatible.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="MrEco"][QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

LeGoofyGoober

No. No it's not.

Thats because you have a PS3 from launch. I have a 80 gig and it only plays PS3 and PSX games.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jasonharris48

That's only the 60gb. Every other PS3 console is not backwards compatible.

DeadlyWormy

Don't forget the 20 gig LOL (not that anyone picked up a 20 gig model)

biotyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 biotyrant
Member since 2009 • 150 Posts

i heard that there was a patch or something that can be downloaded to help you play last gen games.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

If you like Burnout 3 then you absolutely have to get Burnout: Revenge (The sequel to Burnout 3). It's also on the PS2 and is by far the best racing game ever created (IMO). And by the way, don't feel alone about sticking with a last gen console. I'm on the same boat. There are just tons of absolutely stellar games on the 6th generation consoles. Why would someone just skip em' all and by a 360, PS3 or Wii? What, to keep up with trends? Screw that. I'd rather keep playing the literally hundreds of quality games that are back on my PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox.MrEco
Yup, most likely I'll buy that game too :)

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts

i heard that there was a patch or something that can be downloaded to help you play last gen games.

biotyrant
Rumours has it that it is possible for Sony to make a patch that emulate ps2 games on all ps3 models. But no one if it will release or what not. PS2 games are fun, but once you play your first PS3 game like Killzone 2 you can't go back to the ps2 without feeling a little empty inside
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="biotyrant"]

idk761

Rumours has it that it is possible for Sony to make a patch that emulate ps2 games on all ps3 models. But no one if it will release or what not. PS2 games are fun, but once you play your first PS3 game like Killzone 2 you can't go back to the ps2 without feeling a little empty inside

Umm yes you can I play my Ps2 more than my PS3 and 360 even after playing games like MGS4 and Mass Effect. As forKZ2 is just another FPS title with pretty graphics no offense

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

I really don't think I'll ever move on to the current gens. I still have 4 RPGs to play and recently bought Burnout 3 which is just too damn addictive. I guess it's a good thing as the PS3 will have a price drop by the time I've actually finished with my PS2. :P

enz2
Good for you, man. I don't know what RPGs you're rearing up to play but Burnout 2 was AMAZING so I'm guessing 3 followed suit (I only played a demo of it for about 5 minutes). I also don't have any new systems. I play my DS and will start playing my N64 again when I get Super Smash Bros. in the mail. So you're not alone.
MrEco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrEco

[QUOTE="MrEco"][QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

LeGoofyGoober

No. No it's not.

Yes, the $600 launch consoles had backwards compatibility. Although with the recent price drops backwards compatibility was cut out.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts

[QUOTE="idk761"][QUOTE="biotyrant"]

jasonharris48

Umm yes you can I play my Ps2 more than my PS3 and 360 even after playing games like MGS4 and Mass Effect. As forKZ2 is just another FPS title with pretty graphics no offense

Well, that is me. I find it difficult going back to playing PS2 games after playing the PS3 for a while. I am one of those people who buys a game based on graphics and gameplay I guess :(
JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

I am with you, the PS2 does have much more life left in it and so many great games were released for it that its postponed me from getting new generation systems as well. The only thing remotely new that I have is the DS...which is alright I guess. I still have more gamecube games to play and what not as well, I say if you're content with last gen then I would keep playing it and not worry about getting a new generation system just to be "trendy".

dresdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 dresdek
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

also stuck, ps2 library just has too many great games. I have played a few games on my ps3 and then ended up falling back to ps2.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LeGoofyGoober

to be fair, sorry for being an ass earlier. the PS2 has some great games. last gen was awesome. hell, i still play KOTOR to this day. i can't let that game go :D

ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#20 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts

enz2
I'm pretty much the same way. I have loads of games yet to beat that I want to finish before I move on to anything else. I'm more than happy to still have my PS2 as my main gaming machine.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I have owned both a PS3 and 360,but because of money issues am stuck with a PS2 and Xbox,and while i love the current gen I am having just as much fun playing tons of great games you can either get real cheap or in collected form. Its a great time to be playing a last gen machine.