Street Fighter X Tekken!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheChristReborn
TheChristReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 TheChristReborn
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hey guys,

Here's my question, and this is a big one for me... :P For you who will get either: Street Fighter X Tekken and/or Tekken X Street Fighter, tell me which one you will get and why, same If you guys buy the 2 of them.

The reason I ask you is 1st because I can't decide wether or not I'll get one or the other because I really like both companies and franchises, and I don't know which one yet will have a little something more appealing than the other. And 2nd, well because I'm curious to know your opinion as well! :)

Thanks to you all!

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Which ever one is 2d

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Which ever one is 2d

Ravirr

Street Fighter x Tekken is the one that plays on a 2D plane. Back on topic I plan to only pick up Street fighter x Tekken. I can't say I'm too keen on fighters developed by the Tekken team anymore.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I've always been a bigger fan of 3D fighters like Tekken. So I'll get the Namco made one. Though when Capcom's version drops in price I might get that one as well, since Street fighter is also fun, and it would be interesting to see the differences.

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

I'll most likely get Street Fighter X Tekken on day 1 as Capcom fighters are always great. As for Tekken X Capcom I'll have to wait and see what its like, I do like the Tekken games but they are never must haves for me I might wait for the price to drop or get it used if I do decide to get it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

The truth is, it's way too early to tell if either game will be any good. I'd prefer to wait on more information, to see what these two games will have as far as characters, modes, features, and so forth are concerned.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
Honestly, I don't see how anyone who takes the fighting genre seriously can miss out on either.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

^ I can only juggle so many fighting games at once

With AH3 releasing a successful port that is a must pick up for anyone who enjoys air dash fighting games. mvc3 and the already exsisting fighters. You can only do so much.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Honestly, I don't see how anyone who takes the fighting genre seriously can miss out on either.DarkCatalyst

Truth is, I won't be missing out on either DC, but it doesn't help to have little information on two games that may or may not be released until 2012 or so.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44196 Posts
I'll be picking both of them up. I enjoy both 2D and 3D fighters. Capcom is my favourite developer of fighting games, especially 2D, and Namco is certainly no slouch in the 3D fighter market. I'm expecting both to be great games.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Honestly, I don't see how anyone who takes the fighting genre seriously can miss out on either.Metamania

Truth is, I won't be missing out on either DC, but it doesn't help to have little information on two games that may or may not be released until 2012 or so.

They're fighting games using established engines developed by Yoshinori Ono and Katsuhiro Harada. I need no more information.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Fireballspamming in a tekken based game? No thanks. I'll take Street Fighter x Tekken please.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Honestly, I don't see how anyone who takes the fighting genre seriously can miss out on either.DarkCatalyst

These days my passion for the genre is more academic and casual yet both of these titles strike me as a unique fusion that will probably never be replicated.

Even if the experiment is a disaster, it will be a glorious disaster. Seeing Ryu and Ken fully realized in a 3D construct alone justifies the purchase of Namco's game.