Still a tough dilemma

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I was hoping that this year's E3 would help me decide on which next generation console to get. Unfortunately for me it did not help to clarify anything. So what made/help you decide on which console to get? I am leaning towards the PS4 but the battery life on the controller is not that long but that can be fixed by buying a long cord to charge it or buy another controller. Another thing that got me thinking about the Xbox One is that Microsoft removed the necessity for the Kinect.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Have you considered a Nintendo ?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Have you considered a Nintendo ?

Why would anyone consider Nintendo? after all he probably wants to play good games and not just Zelda, Mario or cartoonish disney clones.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

I plan on getting both so no confusion here. And I already have a Wii U, so all I saw this E3 was games......

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

If that was a case then he wouldve already made his choice a long time ago.... But He didn't therefore lets broaden his options..... Don't be a douche !

Also You clearly have a bias against Nintendo and are only here to represent you the toybox that you've traded your soul for..... You're obviously not being helpfull.... Go away !

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

Nintendo ranks third for me, it will never be my main console even though I started off with a NES when I was a kid.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Yeah I cannot decide either I have a Wii U (big Nintendo fan here) but I want a Ps4 or One as well. Before E-3 I was thinking Ps4 after I'm not so sure. Sunset overdrive and project spark have me moving more 2 the x-box though. It is a tough call for sure.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk

If that was a case then he wouldve already made his choice a long time ago.... But He didn't therefore lets broaden his options..... Don't be a douche !

Also You clearly have a bias against Nintendo and are only here to represent you the toybox that you've traded your soul for..... You're obviously not being helpfull.... Go away !

Well, clearly you are baiting here but ill bite this time.

If you look at the post he clearly asks for advice weather to get a ps4 or a xbox, he doesn't ask for a 3rd option that is clearly far inferior to the other two, particular when you look at the facts, almost no 3rd party support, a couple of big developers like ubisoft have gone completely away from developing for the Nintendo Wii U and even one of the highly anticipated titles Watch Dogs hasn't even been released and so far i haven't heard a word on when that is going to happen, if ever.

Also i have no bias against Nintendo, i have a Wii and i will get a WiiU at one point after i have bought the X1 and Ps4, but even if i had you cannot deny the facts so why anyone would recommend a WiiU right now is beyond me, it might be a good thing later, but for someone who is probably only getting one console, i would never recommend a console with so few games and so few future 3rd party titles.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

Maybe he would like to game with People next to him for a change instead of going online to deal with your crap...... :p

More options is always good..... Infact Might aswell through in a gaming PC in there.... ;)

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Honestly....if you've already played The Last Of Us, and you have no need to play the remastered edition on ps4 when it comes out. I'd defiantly say go with a Xbox one, it already has a huge library of games/exclusives, that are already out! and plenty like Sunset Overdrive and Halo master cheif collection that are making their way in just a matter of months...All the great looking ps4 games like Uncharted, The order and No Mans Sky (Timed ps4 exclusive) still arent making their way on the system for atleast a year or two!

With that said the ps4 does have infamous second son, but other than that, you'd have to wait until Little Big Planet 3 later this year for your next exclusive.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

It's a no brainer XB1 is where it's at.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I chose a PS4 last E3 and got one at launch. Based on last year's presentation, it just seemed that Sony was more focused on gaming and less on "family media". I never owned a PS3 and was an Xbox gamer since 2004, so my decision to move to Sony took some consideration. Looking back though, I have no regrets. Shortly after I purchased a PS4 I bought a Vita and hands down, it's one of the best systems I've ever owned (the Vita that is). Also, being a member of the PS Plus entitles you to member discounts and free games for both systems every month. That right there is an incentive to go Sony (and yes, I am aware of Xbox's recent move to give "Free games with gold" to X1 members).

It's all a matter of preference, really. I don't think any system is better than the other at this point in time. They both will have their fair share of exclusives and awesome games. For me, I just thought it was time for a much needed change, so I went Sony this generation. And the bit about the battery life on the controller is silly. That would not be a "make or break" on determining which system I want. That's such a minor thing that you have to look at the bigger picture. I can usually get at least 6-8 hours of life on the controller. And with how often I game, that's perfectly acceptable for me.