Sony at E3 2008 (New Home Video)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Sony's Conference begins at 11:30AM PST / 2:30PM EST / 7:30PM UK

These sites should have good coverage for the press conference:

Playstation Blog

Gamespot

IGN

Kotaku

1up

Trailers-

Resident Evil 5

RE5 Trailer

FFXIII

FFXIII

Bioshock

Bioshock PS3

Resistance 2

Resistance 2 Trailer

Infamous

Infamous

Killzone 2

Killzone 2 Tank Gameplay

Mirror's Edge

Mirror's Edge (must see!!!)

Far Cry 2

Far Cry 2 Walkthrough

Fallout 3

Hallout 3 Hands On

In the past week we've had Loco Roco 2 and Patapon 2 announced for the PSP. I will update this section with any more PSP announcements.

Loco Roco 2 Screens

Patapon 2 Screens

There should be lots of good PSN stuff on hand at E3 this year.

The Sony Blog has announced that they will be releasing Elefunk this week, and I've heard rumors we will get Wipeout HD as well.:D

PixelJunk Eden

Fat Princess-

Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There's a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it's going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

You can switch between five different character cIasses literally at the drop of a hat: the fearless Warrior, the steadfast Archer, the mystical Mage, the tireless Worker, and the deadly Priest. In order to triumph, players must combine their skills and work together. The name of the game is cooperation, whether it's helping another player drag a log back to your castle, manning a battering ram to smash through the enemy's front gate, or building a human pyramid to scramble over the walls.

Key Features

Casual Single & Multiplayer Online/Offline Action – Cooperate with your team of medieval soldiers (up to 16 players on each side) to overthrow the opponent's army, plunder their castle and save the princess

5 Character cIasses – Change your avatar's character anytime by swapping hats: Worker, Warrior, Archer, Mage and Priest

10 Unique Maps – There will be 10 maps total, shared across single & multiplayer modes

Experience intense frantic gameplay across diverse, charming and challenging environments

Resources & Upgrades – Work together to collect resources to upgrade your primitive weapons and basic castle defenses into superior armaments and impenetrable fortifications

Unique Game Modes – Select from several various game types: Rescue the Princess, Thwart the Invasion, and Medieval Games

32-player Online Skirmish – Jump in and join as many as 32 players online to wreak havoc on the battlefield and carry your stout princess back home during the conflict

I'm sure their will be loads more PSN games to be shown as well as the Video Store, and Home. I will keep this section updated as we go.

Gametrailers has a video that features Home, as well as gamespaces for Uncharted and Warhawk.

This thread is a work in progress, please feel free to contribute.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Can't wait. :)

I think I'm too excited to go to sleep so i'll probably play MGO all night, and hope Reggie doesn't put me to sleep tomorrow.

Sony better have a BIG surprise because R2, K2, LPb and G5 demos wont cut it anymore.

P.S Nice thread. you should add the new Fallout footage from G4. Must see!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rragnaar

Can't wait. :)

I think I'm too excited to go to sleep so i'll probably play MGO all night, and hope Reggie doesn't put me to sleep tomorrow.

Sony better have a BIG surprise because R2, K2, LPb and G5 demos wont cut it anymore.

P.S Nice thread. you should add the new Fallout footage from G4. Must see!

S0lidSnake

Thanks... and oddly enough, I was digging around for Fallout 3 footage right now, so I will add that for sure. I think they are going to have a great show. Those rumors about the Zipper Interactive online shooter sound absolutely bananas. I want to believe.:P

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#4 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I don't think Sony can afford to not follow up on Microsoft

When Wada-san came back on I just knew. Hopefully Sony can do something, if not it might be an official sign they lost 2009 and this generation
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
Member since 2005 • 3113 Posts

All i want is more info on White Knight and i will be happy, and if this was a perfect world some new RPGs announced.

Not holding my breath though more often then not these conferences end up being pretty meh.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rragnaar

I don't think Sony can afford to not follow up on Microsoft

When Wada-san came back on I just knew. Hopefully Sony can do something, if not it might be an official sign they lost 2009 and this generation
Toriko42

I don't think it is that dire of a situation. Don't get me wrong, FFXIII is huge, but I don't see it killing Sony, afterall, I'll still get to play it on my PS3.;) ...in any case, I expect they will have a good show. They really did good last year, and I expect that they will do the same this year. The 1up guys have been hinting like crazy that they've got some big games to show, in addition to their solid 2008 lineup.

EvilTaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 EvilTaru
Member since 2002 • 58394 Posts

Infamous looks awesome.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I watched the 360 press conference at IGN it was great quality you should at it to the list
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rragnaar

Dont forget to put the time of the conference.

dvader654

It was hiding at the top of the thread, but you can't miss it now.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rragnaar

I watched the 360 press conference at IGN it was great quality you should at it to the listF1Lengend

Is it subscribers only?

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 F1Lengend

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I watched the 360 press conference at IGN it was great quality you should at it to the listrragnaar

Is it subscribers only?

just the hd version...i watched the normal one but the site never crashed once and looked 10x better than GS which was really bad
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 S0lidSnake

Infamous looks awesome.

EvilTaru

R2 is not getting any love from you? :P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 S0lidSnake
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I watched the 360 press conference at IGN it was great quality you should at it to the listF1Lengend

Is it subscribers only?

just the hd version...i watched the normal one but the site never crashed once and looked 10x better than GS which was really bad

damn, they had the HD feed? all GS has for subscribers is a lousy 700K feed. and let's not forget the forum debacle we went through today.

I swear to god if forums crash again tomorrow during Sony's conference, i wouldnt feel ashamed asking for my $5 back.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rragnaar
[QUOTE="F1Lengend"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I watched the 360 press conference at IGN it was great quality you should at it to the listS0lidSnake

Is it subscribers only?

damn, they had the HD feed? all GS has for subscribers is a lousy 700K feed. and let's not forget the forum debacle we went through today.

I swear to god if forums crash again tomorrow during Sony's conference, i wouldnt feel ashamed asking for my $5 back.

I'm planning on the forums crashing, which is almost a good thing, since I have to be out on a big delivery tomorrow morning, and I won't be able to keep the thread updated. I'm sure someone will fill in if I'm not here to post the good stuff though.

BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BoG_
Member since 2003 • 2155 Posts

If we don't see Team ICO's new project, I will cry.

If we see it, I will cry, but only because I can't have it RIGHT NOW.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I don't think Sony can afford to not follow up on Microsoft

rragnaar

I don't think it is that dire of a situation. Don't get me wrong, FFXIII is huge, but I don't see it killing Sony, afterall, I'll still get to play it on my PS3.;) ...in any case, I expect they will have a good show. They really did good last year, and I expect that they will do the same this year. The 1up guys have been hinting like crazy that they've got some big games to show, in addition to their solid 2008 lineup.

The fact is them losing so much is just hurting them a lot. It can hurt their sales.

Either way some of their games looks excellent and I can't wait to see what they can pull
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44538 Posts
While the Final Fantasy XIII multiplatform news certainly took some wind out of Sony's sails there is alot of great stuff I'm really looking forward to seeing. Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Infamous are some games I'm really looking forward to seeing more of. Would be nice to see a surprise or two as well.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 S0lidSnake

BoG_

I was making fun of this vid earlier today, but if they reveal Trico then I'll be this excited.

BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BoG_
[QUOTE="BoG_"]

S0lidSnake

I was making fun of this vid earlier today, but if they reveal Trico then I'll be this excited.

I'll join you in that excitement. I am a serious fanboy of whatever those guys make.

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts
Home will be delayed another year. I just know it.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 S0lidSnake

okay, I take back everything I've said about Resistance 2 not looking as good as I had hope. Because THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!! OH MY GOD.....................

It's the resistance 2 trailer in HD btw, over at gametrailers.com. Remember the insane ending of the June 13th trailer? Well, i guess it was real.

Here is Infamous in HD.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36317.html

Thanks goes to EvilTaru for posting these links. :)

Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts

BoG_

If not here, you'll see it at TGS.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rragnaar

okay, I take back everything I've said about Resistance 2 not looking as good as I had hope. Because THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!! OH MY GOD.....................

It's the resistance 2 trailer in HD btw, over at gametrailers.com. Remember the insane ending of the June 13th trailer? Well, i guess it was real.

Here is Infamous in HD.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36317.html

Thanks goes to EvilTaru for posting these links. :)

S0lidSnake

Snap! R2 is going to be phenomenal, and Infamous looks really fun. I enjoyed the hell out of Crackdown, and this looks to follow in its footsteps.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Infamous is looking really good so far, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet... Home should be lots of neat stuff to see at the confrence tommorow. I hope the site dosent wussy out on me again though and make me go elsewhere.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 S0lidSnake

So this is what the Cell can do. :)

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
This week PSN is updating everyday (I enjoy looking at previews of games on my tv, since that is where I will be playing them). Sony didn't offer much of anything yesterday (which was disappointing considering the footage floating around different gaming sites), but I am hoping a ton of stuff hits right after the press conference ends.
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts
Is it today or tommorow ????
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

The R2 trailer was more ho-hum for me. I guess I'll never get over the originals terrible weapons to dig the sequel that much.

As for Infamous, if they make it wasy to play/understand, that could be an amazing game.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CarnageHeart

The R2 trailer was more ho-hum for me. I guess I'll never get over the originals terrible weapons to dig the sequel that much.

As for Infamous, if they make it wasy to play/understand, that could be an amazing game.

Vampyronight

Resistance had nice weapons, it just took too long to get to the really creative ones (the alien flame thrower which enabled one to release a cloud of flammable gas and then ignite it once the enemy was inside and the gun which enabled one to create gooey adhesive explosives springs to mind).

Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts

If you could add Gamer2.0 to that list aswell. They had great coverage yesterday. With podcast out today, using twitter as a way to get information real fast on you desktop.

Cheers

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vampyronight
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

CarnageHeart

Resistance had nice weapons, it just took too long to get to the really creative ones (the alien flame thrower which enabled one to release a cloud of flammable gas and then ignite it once the enemy was inside and the gun which enabled one to create gooey adhesive explosives springs to mind).

I was put off by the Auger (I think that's the name). Seriously, it's stupid to have a gun that can fire through walls.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CarnageHeart
[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]

Vampyronight

I was put off by the Auger (I think that's the name). Seriously, it's stupid to have a gun that can fire through walls.

*Shrugs* Some guns can shoot through some walls in real life (though no real life gun shoots radiation) so a gun shooting through walls in a game didn't shock and horrify me.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Resistance is a game that I like more and more every time I play, so I'm pretty excitied to see what Insomniac is cooking up for the sequel. It'll be nice to have a good co-op game on the PS3, so far the options are pretty slim in that area.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#37 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I'm so disappointed :cry: I want new games!
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 F1Lengend

damn, I woke up at 9:00am EST and walked all the way home to watch the conference but I forgot its Pacific time. I played some MGO yesterday for the second time but I would like to think of it as the first time cause I am now in love. This is one of if not the most fun i've ever had with a multiplaye game that isn't starcraft. HOLY CRAP its good. I was up till 3 am playing and when I woke up this morning I wanted to play again. I was so excited to do another play through but MP has stolen me, this game will last forever.

Ahem*..as for E3 I hope there are surprises, I would also like to see another Killzone 2 level, I prefer the first one shown (night) to the one we see all the time now (day), so I hope theres that much variation between the rest of the levels. Maybe a forest. I want some stuff like GOW, TM, Syphon filter, Trico, but I also want some new IPs...is this too much to ask :P

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
Sony is really starting to piss me off.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rragnaar

Sony is really starting to piss me off. MasterKingMP

buh... ok. Good for you.

I'm so disappointed :cry: I want new games! gamingqueen

The conference hasn't happened yet. There will be plenty of new games. I've just posted trailers for the stuff we know about.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]Sony is really starting to piss me off. MasterKingMP

buh... ok. Good for you.

I'm so disappointed :cry: I want new games! gamingqueen

The conference hasn't happened yet. There will be plenty of new games. I've just posted trailers for the stuff we know about.

I didn't ask for you to be happy for me chump.

Nice attitude. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that your comment added nothing to the thread I'm trying to do here. I don't know if your first post is in response to the whole FFXIII thing yesterday, but I'm honestly tired of all the people crying and freaking out, thinking that the system is done for simply because of one game. A game that we still get to play no less. So, I'm not saying that everyone posting in this thread has to be all 'Yay Sony', but if all you can add to the discussion is 'Sony is really starting to piss me off' and 'I didn't ask you to be happy for me chump', I'd appreciate it if you went somewhere else.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

Great job with the thread, Rag. Hopefully, Gamespot will get its act together this time.

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I'm really interested in seeing what surprises (if any) Sony will have at the conference. It feels like they've been getting smacked around a lot, or maybe the whole "losing exclusive games" gives me that impression.

Let's see some competition here, Sony. I want games and not gimmicks. I liked the first half of Microsoft's conference, but the second part sort of fell apart for me. It's just too bad I won't be able to see this until later this evening.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rragnaar
My biggest concern is that they will show off a wiimote clone and come away looking like jackasses. Their show needs to be about games, games and more games. I fear they will lose what little respect they've earned back after E3 06 if their strategy is to simply copy Nintendo.
BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BoG_

My biggest concern is that they will show off a wiimote clone and come away looking like jackasses. Their show needs to be about games, games and more games. I fear they will lose what little respect they've earned back after E3 06 if their strategy is to simply copy Nintendo.rragnaar

Playing copycat seemed to work alright for microsoft yesterday with their eyetoy and mii clones. I really think Sony has the capacity to blow our minds here, Team Ico, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and other teams I'm confident can put out blockbusters. We just have to wait and see.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vampyronight

*Shrugs* Some guns can shoot through some walls in real life (though no real life gun shoots radiation) so a gun shooting through walls in a game didn't shock and horrify me.

CarnageHeart

Just felt cheap to me, that's all.

Also, I absolutely hated the lack of animation when zooming it. It was easily the most jarring thing I've ever experienced while playing a game. But that seems to have been fixed.

Kind of getting back on topic- I agree with rragnaar that I don't want to see a Wiimote clone. I think the idea of a break-apart controller is really good, but it's not going to be used in a meaningful way this generation, so just save it for PS4.

Really, really hope Team Ico's new game is shown. That team could produce any kind of game and I'd buy it. It would be awfully sweet if the game was being released soon to boot.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]My biggest concern is that they will show off a wiimote clone and come away looking like jackasses. Their show needs to be about games, games and more games. I fear they will lose what little respect they've earned back after E3 06 if their strategy is to simply copy Nintendo.BoG_

Playing copycat seemed to work alright for microsoft yesterday with their eyetoy and mii clones. I really think Sony has the capacity to blow our minds here, Team Ico, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and other teams I'm confident can put out blockbusters. We just have to wait and see.

I agree. I think we will see some big stuff today. I really hope we will see the new Twisted Metal game, and it would be nice if Team Ico didn't wait till TGS to show off what they've got.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

Battle Arena Toshinden~! :P

I'm eager to see what Sony is going to throw out there. I'm truly not knowing what to expect.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rragnaar

Here is the view from within Home...

I don't care about the social networking aspect of Home, but stuff like this could be pretty great...