So I just bought Spidey 1, 2 and Ultimate for Ps2...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts

Went over to gamestop to grab the 3 of these for bout 10, popped in Spiderman 1, played two levels, got annoyed at how hard it was LOL. Spidey 2...wanted to play the story but then got occupied with swinging around the city, then got bored. Then because of those experiences I had no motivation to pop in Ultimate Spiderman...Does anyone like these games?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I dont own the movie tie-ins, but "Ultimate Spiderman" is a GREAT game. The art is perfect, and the cell-shaded look of the game really lends itself to the presentation. It's one of my all-time favorite super hero games. Everything about that game WORKS.

:)

I've heard several people swear by the movie tie-in games ("Spiderman" & "Spiderman 2")... But for my money you can't do better than "Ultimate". The open-world nature of the game is pretty bare-bones, with random crimes and rescues to do which then jack up your stats. But the main draw is the story, of course. So it's a bit like "MAFIA", in ways, as the world only really is there to add continuity and immersion more than it is there for exploration. There are comic book cover easter eggs scattered around New York, that's about it.

But I really suggest you pop in "Ultimate Spiderman" and give that one a go. Odds are, you'll find it a more compelling game.

;)

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts

I felt that Ultimate Spiderman was boring.Played up to Venom vs. Electro and it was just too hard for me. I don't like having to chase villians around town. And find these kinds of "open world" games to be tedious. To be fair I don't really like the GTA games either.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
spiderman on ps1 and spiderman 2 on ps2 are the best spiderman games ever (also maximum carnage) i enjoyed all 3
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
Ultimately, I think the Spider Man games on PS1 were the best. Spidey 2 (PS2) was amazing, but Spidey 1 and 3 weren't really fun at all. Haven't played Ultimate Spidey.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

You played 2 levels of Spider-Man and got annoyed with how hard it was...wow. You are like the posterboy of why games have often become more style over substance nowadays. 2 levels in and you gave up. That is one of the coolest movie tie-in games ever made! The controls and platforming are so freaking smooth, which makes kicking butt as Spider-Man so fun. And it's not like this game is Mega Man or Ninja Gaiden hard or anything, lol, not even close. If you did manage to beat the game, you get to unlock the ability to play as the freaking Green Goblin complete with all of his unique powers (not just a different Spider-Man skin).

Spider-Man 2 is a fantastic example of an open-world game done right. If you're not into the open world (think Grand Theft Auto's open world) type of games, then this probably isn't for you. But if you are into them and you like Spider-Man, then you'll adore this game. From what I've read, the creators strived to make Spider-Man 2's New York City as close to the real New York City as they could make it, I've never been myself so I can't say how accurate it actually is; however it does feel like you're swinging around in an actual living, breathing city. You can travel the city freely via web-swinging and stop random crimes or go after random challenges, or even collect things. Or if you choose to, and whenever your choose to, you can pursue the main storyline which mirrors the movies storyline, with a few extra villains thrown in.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I felt that Ultimate Spiderman was boring.Played up to Venom vs. Electro and it was just too hard for me. I don't like having to chase villians around town. And find these kinds of "open world" games to be tedious. To be fair I don't really like the GTA games either.

wackoss

I didn't like the chase with Electro either. But it's pretty simple if you just stay relatively close to him eventually it's over. It's easier than you think it is at first go. I don't much care for open-world games myself, so I can understand your point. But "Ultimate Spiderman" is really less about the open world than it is about the story missions,