So Battlefield 4 gets revealed at March 26th. MGS5 27th. Where is the Xbox 720?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Seriously what in the world is Microsoft doing? I understand they are current leaders... well at least in the U.S, and are in better shape to launch a next gen console than Sony and Nintendo, but what are they waiting for?

Three of the biggest franchises Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4 and MGS5 are going to be revealed before the console is even announced. Everyone's going to know these games are going to be on the PS4, no one has any idea what the next Xbox is even going to be called. Aren't they losing on free marketing here?

I feel like they became arrogrant and did not expect Sony to reveal way before E3. And now they have given Sony 2-3 months of free hype and press. I doubt this is going to come and bite them in the ass, but it certainly doesn't seem like a good business plan to let your competitor get all the spotlight for 2 months.

What do you guys think? Is MW4 going to be their big reveal? Is it going to be enough? Or has MS screwed up big time by waiting this long to reveal their console?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

There is no next Xbox, it'll be the DirecTV/Kinect FEM (Family Entertainment Machine).

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I do think the early, and possibly undercooked, PS4 reveal was smart just because devs can announce games for it now. I don't think this is hurting MS much because there is all sorts of time between now and the launch for them to drum up some Xbox hype.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Haven't you heard? After the Sony event last month half the Microsoft staff committed mass-seppuku, the other half are hugging their legs in a corner, drooling from one side of their mouths. :P
JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts
Don't they have their even in late April? Yeah they are waiting a big but I think they will be fine.dvader654
I heard this also. Everybody is saying it will be in mid to late April
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

biggest franchises - - Assassin's Creed IV - - Battlefield 4 - - MGS5 - - MW4 -

Oh dear god, my head ached when I saw those. That shows 4 levels of pure fail. Not to you TC, to the gaming industry. Take a good look at those dead franchises. Endless sequels, nothing new. Look Timmy, its a failbot!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Oh dear god, my head ached when I saw those. That shows 4 levels of pure fail. Not to you TC, to the gaming industry. Take a good look at those dead franchises. Endless sequels, nothing new. Look Timmy, its a failbot!

I don't envy you, I really don't
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

And why do you say this
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

As long as Microsoft officially announces the console before E3, they can do it whenever they want. It won't hurt them by waiting a little.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Sony was smart not mentioning anything about used games. Let MS discuss it first, then they can counter.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"] Oh dear god, my head ached when I saw those. That shows 4 levels of pure fail. Not to you TC, to the gaming industry. Take a good look at those dead franchises. Endless sequels, nothing new. Look Timmy, its a failbot!Kevlar101

And why do you say this

Because you seem to despise anything that's a sequel. Finding games to play must be a needle in a haystack for you.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

The 13 year old strikes again....Hey guess what, those games get massive sales. At the end of the day that is what game companies want, ridiculous post.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] I don't envy you, I really don't

And why do you say this

Because you seem to despise anything that's a sequel. Finding games to play must be a needle in a haystack for you.

He isn't worth arguing with. Just point laugh and move on.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure that the rumour is that they'll unveil the 720 around April 20th or so. I'm sure they'll have plenty to show off then and will be just fine. Really all they need is Halo 5, Gears of War 4, and Forza 5 and they'll be golden in my books. I think they'll have some new exclusive stuff though as well as some third party software to show off.
Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts

There is no next Xbox, it'll be the DirecTV/Kinect FEM (Family Entertainment Machine).

Bigboi500
LOL. The F-box. The "Family Entertainment System".
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] I don't envy you, I really don't

And why do you say this

Not in the slightest. I just think that some of them are coming along far too soon, especially on the AC4 side. I am happy for AC4, just not how soon its coming out after AC3. Now, MW4 is just the dumbest sounding sh!tfests ever. Should have ended with MW3. Seriously IW, start a new COD chapter..........
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"] And why do you say thisKevlar101

Not in the slightest. I just think that some of them are coming along far too soon, especially on the AC4 side. I am happy for AC4, just not how soon its coming out after AC3. Now, MW4 is just the dumbest sounding sh!tfests ever. Should have ended with MW3. Seriously IW, start a new COD chapter..........

Actually MW4 will most likely be a new chapter. Just because it will reuse the main character of the series it doesn't mean it won't be a different plot. As for MGS5, I'd be much interested in knowing how that's a "level of pure fail"
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

MS is holding an event in April but I see no reason to get excited unless you're into Halo or Kinect. As with the PS4 all the specs have been leaked for a while and basically MS dun goofed. They went with a cheaper, but slower and more convoluted RAM setup compared to PS4, and the GPU is up to 30% weaker. Maybe they're targeting a cheaper price point or have to offset the cost of mandatory Kinect.

xxBenblasterxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 xxBenblasterxx
Member since 2013 • 98 Posts

I think Microsoft understand that it is a given that titles such as BF4 will also be released on what ever their next platform is, nothing from the Sony press conference screamed 'Console Seller!' due to It's exclusivity. If anything I think Microsoft are in a stronger position allowing titles such as BF4, Witcher 3 and Thief 4 to be announced before their console because come April when E3 really starts building they'll be able to say "We've got all these games your previously seen and wait there is more! 

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I think Sony's unveiling caught MS flatfooted (I remember people confidently saying 'An initial hardware reveal won't show games!) but I don't think announcement timing matters much. Everybody knows that when a developer talks about their game being available on the PS4 and 'other' next gen systems, they don't mean the Wii U or the Ouya :P.

The PS4 and X720's launch pricing and launch libraries are what is going to determine their fates in the short term.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
It is going to be a good year to be a gamer regardless. Not only are we getting the PS4 and the Nextbox but the Ouya and that Steambox thing as well. Lots of goodies. On topic though, I don't think the delay in revealing is going to hurt MS that much.
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

Original IPs aren't automatically good you know... Sequels keep being released because people like having more of the same game they played and loved. If this wasn't true there wouldn't be sequels now would there? I personally don't care of there's a Assassin's Creed 10002 as long as I still enjoy it.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]It is going to be a good year to be a gamer regardless. Not only are we getting the PS4 and the Nextbox but the Ouya and that Steambox thing as well. Lots of goodies. On topic though, I don't think the delay in revealing is going to hurt MS that much.

In one year we'll need a ouija board to contact the Ouya
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

Seriously what in the world is Microsoft doing? I understand they are current leaders... well at least in the U.S, and are in better shape to launch a next gen console than Sony and Nintendo, but what are they waiting for?

Three of the biggest franchises Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4 and MGS5 are going to be revealed before the console is even announced. Everyone's going to know these games are going to be on the PS4, no one has any idea what the next Xbox is even going to be called. Aren't they losing on free marketing here?

I feel like they became arrogrant and did not expect Sony to reveal way before E3. And now they have given Sony 2-3 months of free hype and press. I doubt this is going to come and bite them in the ass, but it certainly doesn't seem like a good business plan to let your competitor get all the spotlight for 2 months.

What do you guys think? Is MW4 going to be their big reveal? Is it going to be enough? Or has MS screwed up big time by waiting this long to reveal their console?

S0lidSnake
either they are waiting for E3 or they will do it in April Typical Microsoft fashion . Just cause Sony was so quick to show theirs off doesn't mean Microsoft has too . Those are all multi platform except MGS5 so it will be on the next Xbox regardless . Oh and it's not gonna be called 720 sources indicate its called infinite or Xbox 8 using the windows 8 operating system .
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

they probably need those games to be revealed so they have some games to talk about at the unveiling. they can roll out their kinect stuff and then tout "hardcore" gaming alongside it.

beyond that, they may not want to interfere with the peak selling period of the new gears of war game.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Because you seem to despise anything that's a sequel. Finding games to play must be a needle in a haystack for you.

Actually MW4 will most likely be a new chapter. Just because it will reuse the main character of the series it doesn't mean it won't be a different plot. As for MGS5, I'd be much interested in knowing how that's a "level of pure fail"

Kinda like Duke Nukem. After ages of it being around, it gets crappier.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#28 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Probably bricking it because no matter what they show Sony's PS4 is top easily.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Probably bricking it because no matter what they show Sony's PS4 is top easily.

Venom_Raptor
Yeah, that's probably what they're doing alright. :roll:
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"] Not in the slightest. I just think that some of them are coming along far too soon, especially on the AC4 side. I am happy for AC4, just not how soon its coming out after AC3. Now, MW4 is just the dumbest sounding sh!tfests ever. Should have ended with MW3. Seriously IW, start a new COD chapter.......... Kevlar101

Duke Nukem Forever isn't crappy because the series is old: it's crappy because it was made by idiots

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#31 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wait what , ms in better shape then nintendo to launch a console,   how so if n intendo has already launched theirs rotflol give me a break ,    and according to ru mors im not ge tting one ,  all rumors point to bad things for 720 graphics aside ,im getting a ps4 to go with my wiiu and thats final! 

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I have no idea what Microsoft is doing with their next-generation console.

Looks like Sony is going to release the PS4 first to take the advantage of a head start.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Actually MW4 will most likely be a new chapter. Just because it will reuse the main character of the series it doesn't mean it won't be a different plot. As for MGS5, I'd be much interested in knowing how that's a "level of pure fail"Black_Knight_00

Duke Nukem Forever isn't crappy because the series is old: it's crappy because it was made by idiots

Yes, the same idiots who used old tech and mixed it with new hardware..........
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#34 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
There is supposed to be a conferance april 26th, but you never know if they will show anything at it