So about Watch Dogs and graphics...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyman158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyman158
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

Shoot me down all you want but I'm going to be completely honest. It looks the fucking same. Yeah maybe some shadows and lighting effect but i don't think that's worth an extra $1,000 to me. If you compare side by side footage of The new pc footage and new ps4 welcome to chicago trailer it doesn't look that much different really. And here what i think about it. If you notice if almost if not all pc footage of Watch Dogs is in a dark rainy environment. So when you are in a dark rainy environment you're going to get a couple other graphic pops like: moving shadows, reflections, lighting shining on the rain, and the terrain itself when it has water on it. I mean if you go back and look at ALL the trailers for ps4 not one of them has this environment. I mean we've all walked out a dark rainy day and we've all walked out on a bright sunny day. And i can tell you, on a dark rainy day you don't have many things blaring your visuals (I'm talking about the sun). In a dark rainy day you have things like street lights porch lights and other glares of light that really make your environment change. And i honestly think if/when they show off PS4 gameplay during the night the game will once again look gorgeous. Plus if we refer back to the Infamous second son rant. Everyone was thinking "Oh the graphics are so downgraded," Well what happened after the game released? It was as beautiful as the first trailer. I really think a lot of you just need to take a chill pill and calm down. The game will be great!

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Well, slap me and call me a "cup cake." I think I've been iced.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BluRayHiDef

On a serious note, I plan on getting this game for PC, because it will - obviously - look and run better, despite how negligible the differences seem to be based on compressed trailers.

bjshepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bjshepp
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

This has been my theory from the beginning. The whole downgrade fiasco is just mainly do to the fact that we hadn't seen much daytime footage until recently. While there are some differences in the color scheme and lighting, the game looks pretty much the same E3 2013 demo during the sunset and night time sections.

By the way, there was some PS4 night time footage recorded at Pax. It's only 15 seconds though.

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/watch_dogs-new-gameplay-footage-from-pax-east-off-screen/

crazyman158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazyman158

@BluRayHiDef said:

On a serious note, I plan on getting this game for PC, because it will - obviously - look and run better, despite how negligible the differences seem to be based on compressed trailers.

Yes it will look better, but lets be serious here unless you got a titan gtx no one will be getting their game to look as good as the pc trailer did there. Especially looking back at Ubisofts track record for making pc games. You will need more power than what they list as the recommended settings because they are so bad at optimizing their game for pc

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Since it looks like an up-resed San Andreas on PS4 anyways I might just wait for the Wii U version because the tablet controller could be the difference maker.

crazyman158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crazyman158
@bjshepp said:

This has been my theory from the beginning. The whole downgrade fiasco is just mainly do to the fact that we hadn't seen much daytime footage until recently. While there are some differences in the color scheme and lighting, the game looks pretty much the same E3 2013 demo during the sunset and night time sections.

By the way, there was some PS4 night time footage recorded at Pax. It's only 15 seconds though.

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/watch_dogs-new-gameplay-footage-from-pax-east-off-screen/

Yet my point taken even from the horrible recording i can still see significant graphics.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BluRayHiDef

@crazyman158 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Yes it will look better, but lets be serious here unless you got a titan gtx no one will be getting their game to look as good as the pc trailer did there. Especially looking back at Ubisofts track record for making pc games. You will need more power than what they list as the recommended settings because they are so bad at optimizing their game for pc

I've got an i7-920 clocked at 3.5 GHz (I can get it up to 4GHz if necessary) and an HD 7970. I will max out this game.

crazyman158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crazyman158

@BluRayHiDef said:

@crazyman158 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I've got an i7-920 clocked at 3.5 GHz (I can get it up to 4GHz if necessary) and an HD 7970. I will max out this game.

No my friend you wont. Your gpu is not near enough power to what you need. A ps4 gpu is about as powerful as that.

crazyman158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crazyman158

@BluRayHiDef said:

@crazyman158 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

And when i say the ps4 gpu is on par with a 7970 im talking out of raw performance. Devs can get more out of a console than just raw performance. Since they are developing the game for only one type hardware they are able to really dig deep to what it can perform and optimize much more than a pc. That's the thing people often forget about consoles. People look at it and say "OK it has xxx teraflops and xxxshaders and xxxcore speed etc.." (the xxx are to be replaced with numbers) So then they take those numbers and compare it to the closet matching gpu (which is conveniently enough a 7970.) But really devs (especially ubisoft) can and will optimize a game on console really well. You can make a console gpu go a lot farther than just raw specs. So really in most cases a ps4 can out perform your rig. And before you say "My CPU kills a ps4 cpu". As that is very true the ps4 cpu has not even been close to using its full power and neither has that I7. Overclocking that I7 would be absolutely pointless as it's stock clock speed is already more than any game uses. In the ps4's lifetime one thing that will probably never out date is its RAM and its Cpu. Also by the looks of it this game will be far more optimized for nvidia ON PC that is (I mean you cant optimize it for nvidia on a ps4 when the ps4 doesn't even have nvidia card in it lol). So your GPU will go even more off of raw specs than a game that is optimized for AMD. See what I'm sayin here