SNES vs Sega Genesis/Mega Drive [poll added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#751 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Naaa, the Add-ons didnt really add anything only game wise, it just literally... was an add on, like a siemese twin. The add ons only make the Genesis look like a joke.mahlasor
You base this on what, exactly? Games like Sonic CD, Knuckles' Chaotix, Kolibri, Star Wars Arcade, Snatcher, Lunar: Silver Star, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Shining Force CD, Thunder Force, Flashback, Time Gal, Robo Aleste, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Mortal Kombat II (32X version is leagues ahead of other home console versions), and others definitely add some weight to the Genesis side of the debate. I have owned both add-ons for a long time and while they did fail commercially and they do look stupid, they have better games than anyone is willing to give them credit for.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#752 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

The Genesis actually had hard and badass soundtracks like this which are waaaaaay more up my ally.

Lucianu

I've ben listening to that song non-stop ever since you posted it, it's incredible. That goes straight on my phone.

lol, isn't it? Some of my other favorites aside from stage 8, are the stage 1, 2 and 5 bosses, stage 4, and the ending credits, but basically, the whole soundtrack kicks ass. If you want to hear similar music, make sure to check out Thunder Force III, the other Technosoft games, and of course again, M.U.S.H.A. :)

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]Naaa, the Add-ons didnt really add anything only game wise, it just literally... was an add on, like a siemese twin. The add ons only make the Genesis look like a joke.savebattery
You base this on what, exactly? Games like Sonic CD, Knuckles' Chaotix, Kolibri, Star Wars Arcade, Snatcher, Lunar: Silver Star, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Shining Force CD, Thunder Force, Flashback, Time Gal, Robo Aleste, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Mortal Kombat II (32X version is leagues ahead of other home console versions), and others definitely add some weight to the Genesis side of the debate. I have owned both add-ons for a long time and while they did fail commercially and they do look stupid, they have better games than anyone is willing to give them credit for.

Oh I know what you are talking about, the Sega CD has some really good games, its just it was so freakin unnecesary how they did it, that any benefits are outweighed by the negatives.

^ I got Musha! Just checked Lightening Force, yeah looks really cool. I just bought it off amazon for 15 dollars. Good deal for that game? Virtua Racing on the Genesis is pretty cool tech wise. They should of just added the little chip to the cartridges for enhanced gameplay, instead of like some mushroom on top, and something attached to the side. The angry video game nerd said it best "it looks like it is on life support."

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts

[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="mahlasor"]Naaa, the Add-ons didnt really add anything only game wise, it just literally... was an add on, like a siemese twin. The add ons only make the Genesis look like a joke.mahlasor

Oh I know what you are talking about, the Sega CD has some really good games, its just it was so freakin unnecesary how they did it, that any benefits are outweighed by the negatives.

^ I got Musha! Just checked Lightening Force, yeah looks really cool. I just bought it off amazon for 15 dollars. Good deal for that game? Virtua Racing on the Genesis is pretty cool tech wise. They should of just added the little chip to the cartridges for enhanced gameplay, instead of like some mushroom on top, and something attached to the side. The angry video game nerd said it best "it looks like it is on life support."

What negatives, from a modern perspective? I understand that it was expensive at the time, but it's so cheap now that I don't see an issue. Some of the load times can be a drag but I still recommend a SEGA CD to anyone with a Genesis.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#755 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

:0 that game I saw at gamers! I didnt know it was badass!

*runs to gamers to get game*

Glad it is not just me that notices that sound pitch.

Renegade_Fury

Yeah, Thunder Force IV (Lightening Force is what it's called here in the states) is indeed badass. It's hard as hell, but it's still crazy fun, and is regarded as the best one of the Thunder Force series. Like every other Technosoft game, the soundtrack is unbelievably good, and this one is right up there with other legendary shmups like M.U.S.H.A.

yes!! finally. whenever I hear thunderforce people say thunderforce 3 for genesis but 4 is a lot ebtter but also less known I guess

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 bultje112

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="savebattery"] You base this on what, exactly? Games like Sonic CD, Knuckles' Chaotix, Kolibri, Star Wars Arcade, Snatcher, Lunar: Silver Star, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Shining Force CD, Thunder Force, Flashback, Time Gal, Robo Aleste, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Mortal Kombat II (32X version is leagues ahead of other home console versions), and others definitely add some weight to the Genesis side of the debate. I have owned both add-ons for a long time and while they did fail commercially and they do look stupid, they have better games than anyone is willing to give them credit for.savebattery

What negatives, from a modern perspective? I understand that it was expensive at the time, but it's so cheap now that I don't see an issue. Some of the load times can be a drag but I still recommend a SEGA CD to anyone with a Genesis.

exactky sega cd is a fantastic system. other then many great games I enjoyed I also use it often as a cd-player for all the kick ass sega cd soundtracks like batman, ecco, sonic cd and many more

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 mahlasor

Terminator Sega CD had the most badass soundtrack ever... I listen to it on my mp3 player. Sega CD wasnt too bad, though it had some rediculous gimmicks, but when the 32X thing came out, it just made it all look bad! What I do not get is how the Sega CD was made to compete with the SNES.. The Genesis did that part! Well when AVGN reviewed terminator games, he used the Sega CD version as an example of a good Terminator game. Though Robocop Vs. The Terminator looked better to me. I blame the 32X, Sega was like rushing way too many add ons and consoles way too fast.

edit: not going to lie, I never played the Sega CD, so it is mostly my opionion, but can you blame me? Besides, its not that easy to get, and why would I bother anyways, when I have a Sega Genesis, which has plenty of good games.

Both great and i have great memories of both consoles as a kid but i think i have more love and happy memory's from the Mario series on the snesblacktorn

I dont know, Sonic pretty much kicked Mario's butt back then, Michael Jackson even got involved with Sonic.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#759 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

I have this delima with the Snes, even though games like Super Metroid, a Link of the past, and Super Mario World are good games, I cant help but be kind of annoyed by the sound pitch... Like when just about every Nintendo game that is good has the same sound pitch.. It kind of gets redundent. Every game I can think of has that same electric piano sound, like when it is tuned so when you hold it down, it continues making the same noise.. Yeah, that one. That is what the Super Nintendo superior sound quality boils down to... In conclusion, the SNES sound is wayyy too soft for my taste. Genesis really did what Nintendon't and Nintendo is what Genesisn't. A console soley trying to sell to kids.

A good example is Robocop Versus the Terminator, I mean Terminator is one of the coolest movies ever, which console got a more faithful game? Big example personally is original Starcraft and Starcraft 2. I could not stand the same music remixed in Starcraft 2. Technically Starcraft 2 has better sound quality, but the way it is done.. The first game actually sounds way better! And this is actually a perfect comparion how I see the Genesis and the Snes. As a kid, this would not matter, but when I am an adult, then I start to notice the distinct sound pitch differences between the two consoles. Which is why I rather play the Genesis. It has longer lasting appeal over time.

Renegade_Fury

Great post, and I have the same issue. That annoying SNES sound pitch really turns me off from playing games on it, and it was also annoying for me playing certain GBA games. The Genesis actually had hard and badass soundtracks like this which are waaaaaay more up my ally.

The way you described how everything sounds the same, is my one gripe about the Genesis. Soooo many games have the same exact sound effects, which make so many games sound so similar. And a lot of games have a very tingy sound to it that annoys me. Some games still use the genesis sound fantastically, like the Sonic the Hedgehog games. But more often than not, I find Genesis games that fall into the former catagory, instead.

On the other hand, the SNES had some of the best music of that generation with games like Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania IV, the Final Fantasy games, amongst others, IMO.

But regardless, both the Genesis and SNES are two of the greatest game consoles ever made.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 mahlasor

The difference is the Genesis had a outdated sound chip compared to the SNES. You need to prove what you say is true before I believe you. Donkey Kong Country is an example of a game that did not have that high pitch frequency, but Super Castlevania is so guilty. Honestly, I think you are just sayying what I said in reverse just for the sake of argueing. All I got to say is play TMNT SNES, listen to the sounds, then go to the Genesis one. Big difference. The SNES does not have better sound quality, they just sound different. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a big turn off to a more adult person like myself. As a kid, it would not bother me. But as I age, it does. To me the sound difference is like night and day. I think I now understand why I sold a Link to the Past back to the store I got it from.

Avatar image for callsignneptune
callsignneptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 callsignneptune
Member since 2010 • 256 Posts
I love both systems but I'd have to give my vote to the Mega Drive. The more time I spend with it and the more I've built up a good collection of games for it my appreciation and love for the system has grown considerably. I think really it comes down to personal preference as both systems are amazing but titles like Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, Alien Storm, Space Harrier II and Kid Chameleon just seal the deal for me.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 bultje112

Terminator Sega CD had the most badass soundtrack ever... I listen to it on my mp3 player. Sega CD wasnt too bad, though it had some rediculous gimmicks, but when the 32X thing came out, it just made it all look bad! What I do not get is how the Sega CD was made to compete with the SNES.. The Genesis did that part! Well when AVGN reviewed terminator games, he used the Sega CD version as an example of a good Terminator game. Though Robocop Vs. The Terminator looked better to me. I blame the 32X, Sega was like rushing way too many add ons and consoles way too fast.

edit: not going to lie, I never played the Sega CD, so it is mostly my opionion, but can you blame me? Besides, its not that easy to get, and why would I bother anyways, when I have a Sega Genesis, which has plenty of good games.

[QUOTE="blacktorn"]Both great and i have great memories of both consoles as a kid but i think i have more love and happy memory's from the Mario series on the snesmahlasor

I dont know, Sonic pretty much kicked Mario's butt back then, Michael Jackson even got involved with Sonic.

the sega cd is system with a lot of hidden gems. also games very different then can be found on other 16 bit machines of the time and I'm not talking fmv games here. a game like third world war is so unique. dune, rise of the dragon and monkey island are some other prime examples. games like the lunars and especially snatcher are expensive but basically every other sega cd game isn;t so you can build up a sega cd collection for next to nothing. another very unique game was dark wizard back then. like dragon force but 16 bit. and then there are the simple megadrive ports that don't add much except often way better music. the ecco games feel a lot different and better on sega cd than on megadrive imo. the batman games are incredible for the racing alone and the fantastic music again by spencer nielsen. spiderman on the sega cd. holyb **** great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E5tQz7S43U

listen to this and tell me you don't want to listen to this for the whole day

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 mahlasor

If you consider spending sixty dollars just for the sega cd, and then at least ten dollars for the sega cd games. Terminator CD is like 25 dollars. I can get a Sega Genesis for 15-20 dollars, with a lot better selection, and games that have good graphics and sound too. I think at Gamers it is 45 dollars for the Sega CD, but I do not have a clear memory. I checked Amazon.com.

The Genesis/Megadrive had Dune 2 battle for arrakis, an rts. And the voices are really clear. It makes me wonder why in other games, the voice quality is relatively low...

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

If you consider spending sixty dollars just for the sega cd, and then at least ten dollars for the sega cd games. Terminator CD is like 25 dollars. I can get a Sega Genesis for 15-20 dollars, with a lot better selection, and games that have good graphics and sound too. I think at Gamers it is 45 dollars for the Sega CD, but I do not have a clear memory. I checked Amazon.com.

The Genesis/Megadrive had Dune 2 battle for arrakis, an rts. And the voices are really clear. It makes me wonder why in other games, the voice quality is relatively low...

mahlasor
Dune 2 for the Sega Genesis only has a third of the voice tracks from the PC version though :P I'm guessing they couldn't fit any more on the cartridge
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 bultje112

mahlasor

man you are totally out of it. a sega cd, without a genessis, will cost 25$ and then the games usually between 5 and 10. it's nothing more expensive than collecting for genesis

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 mahlasor

Where could I get a Sega CD for 25 dollars? And the games for like you said?

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767 bultje112

hmm. it seems they have really gone up in prices looking on ebay. I know I bought mine for 20$ 10 years ago and later bought another pal with also 32x and megadrive added for 60$

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#768 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I grew up with the genesis but to me the SNES is (still) the best gaming system.

It had the best rpg (my favorite genre back in the day), amazing games like Zelda, metroid, donkey kong, star fox and killer instinct. It raised the bar and set standards that are still being used today.

The genesis was a great system, but not as good as the snes.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#769 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

I grew up with the genesis but to me the SNES is (still) the best gaming system.

It had the best rpg (my favorite genre back in the day), amazing games like Zelda, metroid, donkey kong, star fox and killer instinct. It raised the bar and set standards that are still being used today.

The genesis was a great system, but not as good as the snes.

_TheJoker_
I have never heard anyone say the SNES "Raised the Bar" before.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#770 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19556 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

The Genesis actually had hard and badass soundtracks like this which are waaaaaay more up my ally.

Renegade_Fury

I've ben listening to that song non-stop ever since you posted it, it's incredible. That goes straight on my phone.

lol, isn't it? Some of my other favorites aside from stage 8, are the stage 1, 2 and 5 bosses, stage 4, and the ending credits, but basically, the whole soundtrack kicks ass. If you want to hear similar music, make sure to check out Thunder Force III, the other Technosoft games, and of course again, M.U.S.H.A. :)

Speaking of Technosoft, their early real-time strategy game Herzog Zwei has one of the best 16-bit soundtracks I've heard:

Herzog Zwei - No Time To Lose (1989)

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#771 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Jag85

Speaking of Technosoft, their early real-time strategy game Herzog Zwei has one of the best 16-bit soundtracks I've heard:

Herzog Zwei - No Time To Lose (1989)

That's probably my favorite tune in Herzog Zwei along with Mournful War. These guys were such pros when it came to making beastly music on the Genesis, that I'm considering getting other games they made like Elemental Master for its soundtrack alone.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 Emerald_Warrior

The difference is the Genesis had a outdated sound chip compared to the SNES. You need to prove what you say is true before I believe you. Donkey Kong Country is an example of a game that did not have that high pitch frequency, but Super Castlevania is so guilty. Honestly, I think you are just sayying what I said in reverse just for the sake of argueing. All I got to say is play TMNT SNES, listen to the sounds, then go to the Genesis one. Big difference. The SNES does not have better sound quality, they just sound different. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a big turn off to a more adult person like myself. As a kid, it would not bother me. But as I age, it does. To me the sound difference is like night and day. I think I now understand why I sold a Link to the Past back to the store I got it from.

mahlasor

Man, you're crazy. Super Castlevania IV has some of the best music of that generation.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 mahlasor

Good music that is way too soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQex8CB9eA&feature=related

I played this, and it did not pump me up, it made me want to sleep, like it is right now. Lets just put it this way, the Super Nintendo music makes me sleepy, rather than gets me pumped up and ready to rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0UjAQIX6E

ahhhh, much better!

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjdVflSHxN4

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#774 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

I played this, and it did not pump me up, it made me want to sleep, like it is right now. Lets just put it this way, the Super Nintendo music makes me sleepy, rather than gets me pumped up and ready to rock!

ahhhh, much better!

or this

mahlasor
Then you might like some f Magic Swords tracks on the SNES. More Genesis like.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775 mahlasor

Reminds me of Golden axe, except it is like a combination of castlevania and golden axe.

edit: ironically it is based on an arcade game.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

i never owned a Nintendo system growing up..i grew up playing video games on Sega Systems (Master System, Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn)

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 mahlasor

How was the Master System compared to the NES?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778 rilpas

mahlasor
I love the master system, but the NES beats it in almost every game genre the only genre I can think of that the master system has the advantage are the plaformer/RPG hybrid and they might be tied on the RPG department
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779 bultje112

I liek shooters more on master system

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 Emerald_Warrior

mahlasor

Master System has better graphics, but NES has a better game library.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781 Jag85

ahhhh, much better!

or this

mahlasor

With all this talk about the SNES and Mega Drive / Genesis sound comparisons, it's a shame how many overlook the PC Engine / TurboGrafx (which you just posted a link to), which easily beat both in the audio department (largely due to its CD format). The PC Engine arguably had some of the best soundtracks in gaming history, like for example:

Ys I & II

Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Sorcerian

I love the master system, but the NES beats it in almost every game genre

the only genre I can think of that the master system has the advantage are the plaformer/RPG hybrid

and they might be tied on the RPG departmentrilpas

I disagree with your first sentence. The Sega Master System most certainly beats the NES when it comes to arcade game genres, i.e. beat 'em up, fighting, racing, sports, etc. It's not all that much different to the Mega Drive / Genesis vs. SNES comparison, though not to quite the same extent.

Master System has better graphics, but NES has a better game library.

Emerald_Warrior

That depends where you lived, due to many games only being released in certain regions. If you lived in Europe or South America, then it was the SMS that had the better library, whereas in Japan and North America, it was the NES that had the better library. Overall, the NES had the larger library, though the SMS's library had a longer life span.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 mahlasor

I actually just recently started researching the pc engine, it had Dracula X, that game is awesome. Pure gold of castlevania gaming. Obviously PC Engine is going to have better sound since it uses CDs. Too bad I cant play those games, like Spriggan, Musha on the PC engine! I have no real knowledge on the Master System, it would be nice for people to discuss in more detail. As a person who never owned one, who played the NES, its hard for me to know about something that is unfamiliar. All I know is it has alex kid or something, and they were good games.

Here is three solid example showwing how good games can look if programmers really put their minds to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P38GtTiexM

Adventures of Batman and Robin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Ydz_awtPo

RedZone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70XQsiTOK4I

Sub Terrania

These three games sound very similiar, very intense music. Graphics are very smooth, 3D graphics for the first two games.

Genesis music tribute:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LaDn78JoNQ

Super Nintendo music tribute:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3NguyY0n4

this helps you listen to the sound **** of both systems have, you can see that almost every game has the same "tone" on each system.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783 Jag85

The thing about the Sega Master System is that a lot of its best games came much later, long after Sega had discontinued it in North America and Japan to focus on the Mega Drive / Genesis in those regions. In contrast, the SMS was still going strong in the European and South American markets, where it outsold the NES by a considerable margin and was still selling well alongside the Mega Drive. In other words, it was only the European and S. American markets that got a lot of the SMS's best games, many of which were never released in N. America or Japan.

Some of those late SMS games really pushed the hardware to its limits, producing arguably the best graphics you could possibly get from an 8-bit console, like for example:

Ninja Gaiden

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic Blast

Wonder Boy in Monster World

Streets of Rage 2

Street Fighter II

Mortal Kombat 3

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784 mahlasor

Those are all basically Genesis game ports, Ninja Gaiden is too hard to enjoy.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 rilpas

Those are all basically Genesis game ports, Ninja Gaiden is too hard to enjoy.

mahlasor
the master system sonic games are NOT genesis ports also, Ninja Gaiden for the master system is easier then it's NES counterparts
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]I love the master system, but the NES beats it in almost every game genre

the only genre I can think of that the master system has the advantage are the plaformer/RPG hybrid

and they might be tied on the RPG departmentJag85

I disagree with your first sentence. The Sega Master System most certainly beats the NES when it comes to arcade game genres, i.e. beat 'em up, fighting, racing, sports, etc. It's not all that much different to the Mega Drive / Genesis vs. SNES comparison, though not to quite the same extent.

yeah the master system is better for fighting games as there are none on the NES, but really, with the exception of masters of combat you can find ever other master system fighter on the Genesis or SNES

as for beat'em ups, I can't think of any exclusive master system beat'em up with the exception of the unifinished battletoads

I will admit that renegade is better on the master system though

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787 mahlasor

Well, you know what I mean by ports, they were based on the Genesis games, interesting that the master system had games from the Genesis? Good to know the Master System has the better Ninja Gaiden, I kind of thought you would say that for some reason. NES = really hard games. To play contra, the konomi code is a must. You know what I do not get, if the Super Nintendo got more votes, you think there would be more discussions about the SNES from Nintendo fans?

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788 Emerald_Warrior

I wouldn't say the Ninja Gaidnen on Master System is better. It may have been a little easier on the eyes, but the NES version has fantastic gameplay and incredible music to match.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789 mahlasor

I am going by AVGN's review. http://cinemassacre.com/2010/02/04/avgn-ninja-gaiden/

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790 Emerald_Warrior

I am going by AVGN's review. http://cinemassacre.com/2010/02/04/avgn-ninja-gaiden/

mahlasor

I'm going by personal experience with both games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

mahlasor

So you are saying NES Ninja Gaiden is better?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 rilpas

Well, you know what I mean by ports, they were based on the Genesis games, interesting that the master system had games from the Genesis? Good to know the Master System has the better Ninja Gaiden, I kind of thought you would say that for some reason. NES = really hard games. To play contra, the konomi code is a must. You know what I do not get, if the Super Nintendo got more votes, you think there would be more discussions about the SNES from Nintendo fans?

mahlasor
actually... the master system sonic games are not even based on the sega genesis games with the exception of green hill zone in Sonic 1 every master system sonic level is original
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793 rilpas

I wouldn't say the Ninja Gaidnen on Master System is better. It may have been a little easier on the eyes, but the NES version has fantastic gameplay and incredible music to match.

Emerald_Warrior
well.. in my opinion both NES and master system versions have great music and gameplay
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 mahlasor

So why was Sonic the Hedgehog made the the MS?

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795 rilpas

mahlasor
why wouldn't it be made for the master system?
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

rilpas

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of their "blast processing ads"?

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 mahlasor

Because it is like making Super Mario world for the NES. The Genesis did have blast processing... Sonic could go super duper fast!

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="mahlasor"]

Heirren

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of their "blast processing ads"?

the sonic master system games to my knowledge weren't launched in north america, I'm guessing that's the reason

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799 rilpas

Because it is like making Super Mario world for the NES. The Genesis did have blast processing... Sonic could go super duper fast!

mahlasor
blast processing doesn't exist it's a marketing term and your comparison makes no sense, they didn't make super mario world for the NES and they didn't make the genesis sonic games for the master system the master system games are different, the levels are different, hell, Sonic 1 for the master system is based more on precision platforming then it is on speed
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800 mahlasor

Then... why is it called Sonic the Hedgehog? I know it is not the same exact game, but then again, it does not deserve to be so closely related to the real deal. Of course it will not have the same levels, the Master System does not have blast processing!:D I think my comparison is still valid, it doesnt have to be literally the same exact game, but that makes it even worst! To call a game by the same name but have very different design.

edit: So was the Master System more popular than I know? Did it sell so much and continue longer than the NES?