This topic is locked from further discussion.

titusandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 titusandro
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts

I currently own a PS3, a Wii and a DS lite and was looking around what cool new games have been released lately for them. Looking around the top games here at GS I noticed how slow this year have been for the Wii and even on overall terms its been kind of low.

Batman and Uncharted peak my interest and I want to try out infamous and prototype too. The rest feels dull mostly with a bunch of "more of the same just a little better". I think the 360 had pretty much the same amount of good games too.

The DS and the Wii really had an awful year. Last year we had a some good games but this year was like Punch out and thats it.

Im happy that PS3 is finally coming around in sales and in releases. Sad to see the all mighty Wii go in to a low point. Ah well, there are allways the missed old tittles to catch up with.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

First half of the year may have been slow as hell, but this fall is making up for imo, Assassins creed 2, MW2, episodes from liberty city, forza 3, god of war collection and whatnot.

Mrha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mrha
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

Yeah. I've been finding that more companies (probably due to the economy) are releasing their games during the holiday season, rather than year round like before. This would make sense because people are more apt to buy games during the holidays than during the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d32c9daf505
deactivated-57d32c9daf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57d32c9daf505
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

Yeah, but IMHO publishers need to realize releasing a game during the time of the year most crowded with releases

doesn't always yield the best results salewise...

For example, wasn't Valkyria Chronicles the unnoticed gem of last year's holiday season?

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
i think the year has been alright actually. RE5 in march, Batman AA in August, Halo ODST in sept, Borderlands in Oct, then AC2, MW2, L4D2, DragonAge all in Nov. seems to be an ok year for 360 owners :]
HeyMaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 HeyMaa
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Yeah. I've been finding that more companies (probably due to the economy) are releasing their games during the holiday season, rather than year round like before. This would make sense because people are more apt to buy games during the holidays than during the summer.

Mrha

Yeah, but this also left the door wide open for inFamous to be a blockbuster. It had no competition and was really the only game to play last summer until Prototype was released and that game was a similar sandbox. I think you are right though that the economy has a big role in why games are being pushed back, but there was seriously nothing out there last summer.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
i think the year has been alright actually. RE5 in march, Batman AA in August, Halo ODST in sept, Borderlands in Oct, then AC2, MW2, L4D2, DragonAge all in Nov. seems to be an ok year for 360 owners :]summer_star17x
UFC Undisputed in May.
War_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 War_Fox
Member since 2006 • 402 Posts

boo to this year.

Mrha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mrha
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

[QUOTE="Mrha"]

HeyMaa

Yeah, but this also left the door wide open for inFamous to be a blockbuster. It had no competition and was really the only game to play last summer until Prototype was released and that game was a similar sandbox. I think you are right though that the economy has a big role in why games are being pushed back, but there was seriously nothing out there last summer.

True, I just don't think developers notice that :-P
johnnystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#10 johnnystarr
Member since 2006 • 868 Posts

I think its been an ok year i got Batman Arkham Asylum Borderlands tekken 6 and fallout 3 game of the year and there is some cool stuff still on its way =)

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
I've liked this year. Uncharted 2 is probably my fave game of the generation so far. After that, there's a nice list of games I had a lot of fun with -- Infamous, Punch-Out, Arkham Asylum, Plants vs. Zombies, Killzone 2, GTA IV expansions, BlazBlue, SFIV, Shadow Complex, Flower, MadWorld, Defense Grid, and now Forza 3. I haven't gotten around to Demon's Souls yet but people seem to love that one. And there's still some interesting titles on the way. I don't think it has been a memorable year, but I haven't had trouble finding fun stuff to play I would agree with the sentiment on the Wii though. There were a few cool games if you combine WiiWare and retail but overall, I think it would have kinda sucked I think to be a Wii-only owner this year.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
This year isn't as bad as some people think it has been, the problem with gamers is that a game has to score a certain amount to be worth getting in their eyes.