Should I sell my PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vieo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vieo
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Should I sell my PS3? I've had it for about two months now and only purchased it on a whim. I made a ton of loot scalping Wiis; back when they were going for high prices on ebay. I had the cash and figured it would probably be awesome to own them both. That's when I pretty much threw caution to the wind and bought one.

The games I've been playing are VF5 and RR7; VF5 not so much because I really don't have anyone to play against, plus I'm not a huge 3D fighter fan, but I've spent countless hours with RR7 since I love RR games. The graphics are pretty amazing(check out RR7's insane draw distance).

HOWEVER, after spending time with the thing, I can't help but feel the experience the console offers (read: PS2 with better graphics) does not justify the price I paid for it. So I am pondering wether or not I should sell it. I really don't have any interest in bluray movies and I don't like the added black bars PS3 adds when upscaling PS2/PSOne games on my display.

The only games I'm interested are MGS4, Resident Evil 5, Wipeout's eventual sequel, Ridge Racer 8, Silent Hill 4, Devil May Cry 4, and GTAIV. Though, the way I see it, I could just do what I did with PS2; wait til it hits $150, buy one and play all the games I missed since they'll be at bargin-bin prices.

So what do you think I should do?

P.S. I exlcuded FF13 from the list of games I'm looking forward to since I'm in the middle of playing FF12, have little desire to keep playing, and have come to the conclusion that I am sick of FF games.

bigmit37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bigmit37
Member since 2004 • 4043 Posts

It depends how much you can get for it.

Do you want to buy something with the money? If not maybe just hold onto it, till you the games you want are released. 

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
Well if you sell it, then you spent all that money purchasing it for nothing. You'll mostly likely get about 60% of what you paid for it at tops. i think you should keep it, if you ever did sell it, you may have regrets later down the road.
nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts
Itll reduce in price eventually. So youre not really losing any money if you can buy back the PS3 for half price (or lower).
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
why sell the system if your just gonna buy it again?, you have a pretty good size list of games your lookin foward to and with both of those things added together id say youd deffintly want to keep it