Sega Saturn's 2D power

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hellsing2o2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hellsing2o2
Member since 2004 • 3504 Posts
I'm just curious, How powerful was the Saturn, At 2D graphics? Or what game best demostrates its 2d capabilities? And what was the first console after it's launch to out do it in 2D games?
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

The Saturn was the most powerful plain and simple. Specially with the 4MB cartridge, it outdid even the Neo*Geo with Arcade perfect ports of top-tier CPS-II games.

The Dreamcast was obviously the first console that outdid the Saturn 2D power, but unfortunately didn't got anywhere near the amount of 2D games than the Saturn.

Hellsing2o2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hellsing2o2
Oh, So the DC really was better then the Saturn at 2D? I always thought it took the Xbox to out do the Saturn at 2D for some reason :P
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

Oh, So the DC really was better then the Saturn at 2D? I always thought it took the Xbox to out do the Saturn at 2D for some reason :PHellsing2o2
Not even the Saturn could handle Street Fighter III perfectly. Which was the reason why it didn't got ported.

Hellsing2o2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hellsing2o2

[QUOTE="Hellsing2o2"]Oh, So the DC really was better then the Saturn at 2D? I always thought it took the Xbox to out do the Saturn at 2D for some reason :PPanzer_Zwei

Not even the Saturn could handle Street Fighter III perfectly. Which was the reason why it didn't got ported.

Are Street Fighter 3, and Street Fighter Zero 3 (or Alpha), two different games? Because I know the Saturn had a SF game called "SF Zero 3" in Japan. I've been so out of touch with the SF series since the early 90's.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="Hellsing2o2"]Oh, So the DC really was better then the Saturn at 2D? I always thought it took the Xbox to out do the Saturn at 2D for some reason :PHellsing2o2

Are Street Fighter 3, and Street Fighter Zero 3 (or Alpha), two different games? Because I know the Saturn had a SF game called "SF Zero 3" in Japan. I've been so out of touch with the SF series since the early 90's.

SF 3, SF 3 Second Bout, and SF 3 3rd Strike are all one series. The Alpha series is separate and story-wise, a prequel.

Anyway, Silhouette Mirage, Shinobi Legions, Astal, Psychic Killer Taromaru, and Guardian Hero's are all fantastic 2D Saturn Games.