Ryse graphically superior to PS4 atm!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I finally saw some footage of Ryse gameplay. I have to admit that these allegations of PS4 being so much more powerful than Xbone is interesting. I'm not denying the specs on paper but after looking at Ryse I have to admit that it's definitely next gen. I honestly think the devs could push Xbone even further than Ryse visuals. Infamous looks good and I'm sure Uncharted will be outstanding but Ryse is going to be hard to beat.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Yeah ryse looks good, but its still a piece of shit game that isn't any fun to play. Of course that's just an opinion, much like you saying ryse is superior to the ps4 in terms of graphics is purely opinion and not an actual provable fact.

Foxfoxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Foxfoxi
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I own both an Xbox One and a PS4. Honestly? Ryse doesn't even come close to Killzone 1080p / 60fps.

When it comes down to technical details, art direction aside, you can absolutely argue Killzone looks better with a higher resolution, higher polygon count, more frames per animation, higher overall framerate, more dynamic shadowing, more shaders, HBAO lighting over SSAO, et cetera. and so forth. Not everything has to be left down to opinion, all it takes is a tiny bit of time invested and you can actually back up your point.

That said, I had a lot of fun with Ryse, it's shallow, gimmicky, but it's damn fun. However if you want to see the most visually impressive console game ever made? Go play Killzone Shadowfall. It's right up there with the current PC titles like Crysis 3 and BF4 at max settings.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69474 Posts

@Gargus said:

Yeah ryse looks good, but its still a piece of shit game that isn't any fun to play. Of course that's just an opinion, much like you saying ryse is superior to the ps4 in terms of graphics is purely opinion and not an actual provable fact.

That is not true.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Ryse is the best looking game on console to date, no question. The game is horrible though, although Killzone was pretty bad too I guess.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Gargus said:

That is not true.

From a technical standpoint, you can prove facts. But from a visual standpoint, people can judge as they feel free too

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Ryse is impressive, but they're using a lot of tricks to make up for the power they don't have. It's brilliant work from a talented technical company and argues for the use of more film-inspired techniques in game graphics. KZ brute forces its way to next-gen graphics, whereas Ryse finesses you into thinking the power gap isn't as big as it seems. The real thing you should be thinking about after seeing these two games in action is "how badass would KZ look if Crytek had been behind the wheel?"

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RimacBugatti

I played Killzone Shadowfall but I guess since it was a somewhat boring game I had already made my judgement and therefore convinced myself it didn't look that great.. KZSF looks like a game and Ryse looks like real life. As far as Ryse goes the way the uniforms moved and the reflections and the fire all looked awesome. Certain parts of Killzone looked really good and than other levels were downgraded. I will say that the characters in Ryse seem to have more fluidity than the characters in Killzone. Nowadays it's so hard to say that one game is much better than the other. It'ls a much larger jump from last gen than we originally thought. I have to say that I am very impressed with what some of the companies have been able to do. I really wish that PS4 had a game like Ryse. :(

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#10 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

There's no doubt that Ryse looks beautiful and with the team working behind it that's no surprise at all however, it lacks substance in every other aspect.

It was purely eye candy for launch.

Ps. The Ps4 spec wise is superior but frankly I couldn't care less, Graphics > Gameplay.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Ryse looks amazing and to be honest I'm enjoying the game.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RimacBugatti

@IncisionX:

Gameplay is important and that's why I got bored with Killzone. I think Tomb Raider has better gameplay than Killzone. Ryse looks repetitive but it doesn't look as though it would get boring like most hack and slash games. I will probably end up getting it as it's only $48 on Newegg.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IncisionX

@RimacBugatti said:

@IncisionX:

Gameplay is important and that's why I got bored with Killzone. I think Tomb Raider has better gameplay than Killzone. Ryse looks repetitive but it doesn't look as though it would get boring like most hack and slash games. I will probably end up getting it as it's only $48 on Newegg.

I agree Tomb raider has better gameplay than both Killzone and Ryse put together :) not doubting that ^^ But Ryse is a shallow game, looks fantastic but gameplay wise it's cringe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

I don't want to go technical....

But let's just say that you can't say the PS4 is 30% stronger than Xbox One, as well as saying that Ryse would have looked better on PS4.... An exclusive is made completely targeted at it's platform and the methods used would not function on PS4... Just like Infamous SS won't on Xbox One...

But because im a gamer i prefer gameplay over graphics

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@RimacBugatti: Gameplay is important and that's why I got bored with Killzone. I think Tomb Raider has better gameplay than Killzone. Ryse looks repetitive but it doesn't look as though it would get boring like most hack and slash games. I will probably end up getting it as it's only $48 on Newegg.

I enjoyed Ryse's campaign. Not sure what all the complaints were about. It's really the only singleplayer I've enjoyed at all on the new consoles. It's not deep and it's not historically accurate, but it's fun. Like the gaming equivalent of a popcorn-flick.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RimacBugatti

@IncisionX:

I had heard that it was. You know it kind of reminded me of Swords of the Berserk but better. I may give it a try ecause we don't get these kind of games often. Tomb Raider on the other hand kind of gives me that Uncharted feel but not exactly though.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Yes it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@foxfoxi said:

I own both an Xbox One and a PS4. Honestly? Ryse doesn't even come close to Killzone 1080p / 60fps.

When it comes down to technical details, art direction aside, you can absolutely argue Killzone looks better with a higher resolution, higher polygon count, more frames per animation, higher overall framerate, more dynamic shadowing, more shaders, HBAO lighting over SSAO, et cetera. and so forth. Not everything has to be left down to opinion, all it takes is a tiny bit of time invested and you can actually back up your point.

That said, I had a lot of fun with Ryse, it's shallow, gimmicky, but it's damn fun. However if you want to see the most visually impressive console game ever made? Go play Killzone Shadowfall. It's right up there with the current PC titles like Crysis 3 and BF4 at max settings.

I own both games and am struggling to comprehend how you can think so highly of Killzone graphically. There were tons of bad textures and huge slow down in the campaign. There were a few times in chapter 6 (attack drones and walkeres) where I thought the PS4 was gonna blow up the game was chugging so bad. And right up there with Crysis 3 and BF4? At max? I am having trouble believing you have seen those games maxed, or Killzone in person for that matter. That statement is absurd.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IncisionX

@RimacBugatti said:

@IncisionX:

I had heard that it was. You know it kind of reminded me of Swords of the Berserk but better. I may give it a try ecause we don't get these kind of games often. Tomb Raider on the other hand kind of gives me that Uncharted feel but not exactly though.

Yeah defo I loved TR, playing as a female protagonist was a nice twist on the usual "Indianna jones" game :) Story was a bit average but I loved the action in it :)

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RimacBugatti

@IncisionX:

I'm trying to find some good games to play on my tablet for now until I can get some cash together for a Vita. Do you have any games in mind that you have played on your cell or tablet. Something like Tomb Raider would be cool.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I own both games and am struggling to comprehend how you can think so highly of Killzone graphically. There were tons of bad textures and huge slow down in the campaign. There were a few times in chapter 6 (attack drones and walkeres) where I thought the PS4 was gonna blow up the game was chugging so bad.

Having played and beat Shadow Fall, I have no idea what you are talking about here. Seriously.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Ryse and Killzone both just look pretty ..... and thats it .

Just graphic shows for new Consoles .

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

When I look at my PS4, it looks more realistic than any game. :0

Avatar image for girlshavefuntoo
girlshavefuntoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 girlshavefuntoo
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts

Shouldn't this be in the console wars forum?

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IncisionX

@RimacBugatti said:

@IncisionX:

I'm trying to find some good games to play on my tablet for now until I can get some cash together for a Vita. Do you have any games in mind that you have played on your cell or tablet. Something like Tomb Raider would be cool.

I'll be honest I don't my tablet a massive amount but I remember Horn being a really good action RPG, pushes the boat out graphically and gameplay is surprisingly awesome ^^

Failing that' A PS emulator would allow you to play the old Tomb Raider roms but the legal issues regarding it i'm not so sure of so I'd read up to make sure I don't recommend anything too dodgy. ( I believe if you own the original copy then it's entirely legal. )

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#26 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@girlshavefuntoo said:

Shouldn't this be in the console wars forum?

That's what i was thinking aswell

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

@RimacBugatti: Gameplay is important and that's why I got bored with Killzone. I think Tomb Raider has better gameplay than Killzone. Ryse looks repetitive but it doesn't look as though it would get boring like most hack and slash games. I will probably end up getting it as it's only $48 on Newegg.

I enjoyed Ryse's campaign. Not sure what all the complaints were about. It's really the only singleplayer I've enjoyed at all on the new consoles. It's not deep and it's not historically accurate, but it's fun. Like the gaming equivalent of a popcorn-flick.

I'm loving it to I don't understand all the hate its receiving.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Randolph said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I own both games and am struggling to comprehend how you can think so highly of Killzone graphically. There were tons of bad textures and huge slow down in the campaign. There were a few times in chapter 6 (attack drones and walkeres) where I thought the PS4 was gonna blow up the game was chugging so bad.

Having played and beat Shadow Fall, I have no idea what you are talking about here. Seriously.

I thought I was maybe crazy after reading your response. Then I found that a patch has been released this month that addresses frame rate drops.

http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/news/2014-02-06_killzone-shadow-fall-patch-v109-is-out.html

If it was only me I doubt GG would include a feature to lock the frame rate at 30 fps. And I can't be the only one that had HUGE frame drops when dealing with the MAWLR's (walkers or walkeres *typo as I called them in my previous post)

And as we all know the multiplayer is nowhere near 60 fps.

http://playeressence.com/killzone-shadow-falls-multiplayer-60fps-lot-time-guerrilla-games-said-lied-faces/

PS - Isn't this more of a System Wars topic?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Randolph

@GoldenElementXL: So long as it avoids the personal insults and general fanboyism that comes with System Wars, it's ok to have a cross platform discussion in here. I'm keeping an eye on it.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RimacBugatti

@IncisionX:

Do I have to just download the emulator from google playstore?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#31 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Even if that's true, it looks like a fairly boring game. Graphics are nice, but they aren't nearly the most important part of a game.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IncisionX

@RimacBugatti said:

@IncisionX:

Do I have to just download the emulator from google playstore?

Yes sir, find a legit one and read the reviews and then proceed to download the roms and extract them to the correct destination : ) http://android-emulation.hubpages.com/hub/Android-Emulation-How-to-use-Android-Emulators-and-Roms

Now that website is slightly out of date but it's still fairly accurate so it should help you on your way :)

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RimacBugatti

@IncisionX:

Thank you very much! I actually found some emulators on google play. Will those work? I found a Dreamcast emulator and I think they have a Playstation emulator. What do I do once I download the emulator.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

TC base the argument on an exclusive title for XONE without even looking into the exclusives for PS4. You should check out the facts about multiplatform circulating gamespot the last month or so before making a topic based on one game looking good, and it does, but that is not the issue. Playstation comes out on top on both graphics and fps on current games for both consoles, that is an indication that the PS4 is both more powerful and easier to work with than the XONE, so the tables have turned from the previous generation it seems.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Randolph

@RimacBugatti: Because of the dicey legal situation around that stuff, I'd prefer you guys not have that conversation on the forums. Private message would be better. Thanks.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RimacBugatti

@Randolph:

Sorry about that I was unaware of that stuff.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@IncisionX:

Ryse can be repetitive but i'm actually finding enjoyment in the Gladiator grind for 100%. I haven't really noticed it's repetitive nature as much seeing as how I've been working on this one damn achievement since the game came out!

My biggest thing is at least it was something a bit different. I feel they could definitely improve on it if they ever decide to make a sequel. Maybe it can be that GoW competitor that the Xbox needs. GoW can be repetitive when it comes to the combat but the epic scale of the ruthless gameplay and the story give it the edge. Ryse actually has more executions than GoW but it doesn't compare as far as the story.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RimacBugatti

@cejay0813:

Unfortunately I never played GOW but all I heard about it was good things. I really didn't get into gaming until the end of 2012 so I'm a little behind and I don't play everyday but when I play games I want a good game to play. I bore very easily and I must say from what I've seen Ryse looks awesome. I really hope they sell a lot of them as is why I'm going to buy it so they come out with a sequel or something similar atleast. I would love to see something like that on PS4. Lol

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

I finally saw some footage of Ryse gameplay. I have to admit that these allegations of PS4 being so much more powerful than Xbone is interesting. I'm not denying the specs on paper but after looking at Ryse I have to admit that it's definitely next gen. I honestly think the devs could push Xbone even further than Ryse visuals. Infamous looks good and I'm sure Uncharted will be outstanding but Ryse is going to be hard to beat.

We know. This is old news. IGN, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, digital foundry, adam sessler and many others said this back in November.

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

Just graphic shows for new Consoles .

Which is exactly what early adopters of a new multi-hundred dollar console want ;)

As for what Randolph explained yeah, no links or discussion of using emulators. They exist and we're cool with discussing them in an academic way but actually claiming to use one or showing others how to do so isn't allowed.

And as for the actual subject of the thread, both consoles are good for the console owners as it proves that their investment can come with a legitimately large bump in graphics. Next we'll start seeing the gameplay side of the bump.

lilkarlh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lilkarlh666
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

With killzone and ryse in mind it's hard to really compare them, they both seem to show their graphical detail in different ways.

By that i mean with killzone, it seems to have evenly distributed detail throughout, kind of like i can imagine that if i went off the side of a building and walked for a while, the whole world would have the same level of detail. With ryse though, yes upclose in characters faces and the immediate surroundings, the level of detail is simply stunning, but soon drops off in the backgrounds, to the the point of where they start to look like cardboard cutouts similar to what gt uses for it's backgrounds.

Simply at the minute it is way to early to tell which will be the graphically superior console, it just boils down to how they are individually used. For instance microsoft may stick to the ryse method of having all the detail in your face, but non else where, as where as sony developers may follow killzone and evenly output the detail including in the inaccessible background segments, thus making the rest look slightly worse off for it. It all depends on what you want as the gamer in terms of the graphical method.

Personally i like the evened out method, it just seems to make the game world more believable. I just really hope that graphics and the stupid resolution arguments don't force devs into only concentrating on that and just make what we all want decent playable games.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

KZ4: SF has better graphics than Ryse, but Ryse looks better than any other PS4 game at the moment.

But when The Order 1886, Infamous: SS, Uncharted 4, TLOU 2, God of War 4, new IPs and so on start rolling out they're going to be miles ahead.

Crytek is like the only developer MS has that does graphics well, unless of course Epic Games will continue to make exclusives for them but as far as I know they won't?

Sony's got ND, SSM, QD, and a whole bunch of studios.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RimacBugatti

@Mozelleple112:

Agreed! Microsoft should dwell in the moment because it wont last long. PS4 will prevail!