Rune- Possibly one of the best games. EVER

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Spirit0123
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I play a game called Rune. Now in this game, you will NEVER get the REAL experience unless you've played it online, against other people. I've played this game for over eight years, and counting. Rune was released on pc 10 years ago! It was NEVER well known and was NEVER mainstream. It is a game made my a small company called HumanHead Stufios, who teamed up with Epic(creators of Unreal) and the game was published by Gathering.

"Eight years? Why? This guy has NO LIFE." you might say. Truth is, that's how good I find this game to be; No other game is like it or gives me the same satisfaction. You might also ask "Why would anyone want to play a game that is TEN YEARS OLD?!" Same reason, there is NO other game like it. You may check out some of the games reviews by "Professional" Critics, But that is useless. This game has nothing BUT bad reviews. That is because most reviewers will only look at the single player feature, and I will not lie, it is CRAP! And if any of these critics ever actually tried to play it in multiplayer, they probably joined a server full of pros, got pwnt, and then said "TO HELL WITH IT!" Any review I've read about it that even mentions multiplayer only sums it up in a few sentences, sometimes only one! One reviewer said "The game has multiplayer, I tried it... it sucked." One example of a reviewer that this probably happened to... That was all he said about the multiplayer feature.

I wrote a review about Rune just yesterday, on this website. I'm not exactly a professional critic, and I've only reviewed two games, but I'm probably the only reviewer who played this game for over either years. Now my review takes a pretty hard stance against other reviewers, but I'm not going to let them get away with trash talking my favorite game. Just look at the opening statement for the GameSpot review on the game's front page! You can read my review and probably say "This review it too personal. The reviewer is expressing only his OWN opinion!" That IS true. But ask yourself if it is NOT true of every review? That is what you look for in a review right, what the critic thinks about the game so you can decide "Should I get this game, or will it not be worth my time?"

Now I should probably wrap this up before I start rambling. Yes, my main purpose for creating this post was to promote this game.Rune is a DECADEOLD and still has an online community of people who play it REGULARLY! How many games can you say that about? I simply CANNOT let a game this good (IMO) go on forever unheard of, FOREVER unknown. If you are interested really, JUST take a look at my review. If you'd rather not waste time of a ten year old game, it's your loss. I have a youtube video of the actual gameplay on this game in multiplayer. Several of them actually. If you won't mind watching one of them just PM me. Let me know which kind of music you like also, I have several videos, the good ones have full songs for shear quality.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts
I'll go google it now:)
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
you could tell us what you like about it so much rather than ranting about how wrong every other person is.
Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spirit0123

Googling it probably WONT be worth your time. You might get the official rune site if you are lucky, and then a bunch of other crap involving Runescape, which alot of people mistakingly assume I am talking about when I say Rune. The main site probably won't be much help either. People if you have any questions about this game or a link or anything involving it, just ask me. You won't learn alot about this game without talking to a veteran player.

Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spirit0123
you could tell us what you like about it so much rather than ranting about how wrong every other person is. LoG-Sacrament
Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spirit0123

Sry about the double post, I double clicked enter and it posted the quote automatically.

Anyways, I'm glad you said that. The reason I like this game is the fighting. It is wothless fighting against single player monsters. But fighting online is a different story. Basically you get three different types of weapons. You can stow as many of these as you want on your player. 5 swords, 5 axes and 5 hammers. The combat consists of mainly using attacks of you weapon in combinations. Which attack your weapon uses is determined by which direction you are moving using the w,a,s,d keys. The attacks can be used in different combinations. If you ever play I suggest you watch how other players use these and get a feel for it, the combat system is rugged and is hard to get used to at first. Also it requires alot of manipulation using your mouse to look around, double-tapping a direction to dodge, and manuevering around your opponents. You can also throw your weapon using the default control for it "Q". I will have more later but for now I must go. I will be happy to answer any questions involving this game.

Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spirit0123

Another thing I like about this game, is the dedication of the online community. This game is old, and does have acceptable graphics for how old it really is, but the fact that people still play it after ten years should speak in volumes. There are alot of the same people playing this game everyday. Ask any player, coming up as a new player in this game a few years ago would probably have been hell. But now, veteran players would all welcome new blood and be happy to show them the aroundropes. You could ask, but no person can ever fully teach you how to fight in this game, you can only be taught basic fighting. Experience is the best teacher in this game I always say.

If you would like to gain a better understand of what I'm talking about before actually playing the game, if you will ever play it at all, PM me, the videos I have on youtube could probably shed some light on that.

Also one of my favorite features in this game is the gore. You can sever peoples limbs off and behead them. If that is not good enough for you, check this out. You can actually pick up a severed limb or head and us it as a weapon, or just to taunt your enemies. To cut someones arm off and to watch them run away jumping in panic is just priceless. It is hilarious also. Btw, if you get your arm chopped off, and are fortunate enough to escape, eating food will grow your arm back and replenish your life.

Spirit0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spirit0123

Okay well you don't have to PM me for my youtube video's as of now. I just had to check back and make sure I wasn't breaking any forum rules or regulations by posting links to other sites here.

This is one of my favorite videos featuring one of my favorite Tupac songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3arzEdnS8I

If you don't like rap much, no worries, I love all kinds of music, this one features Megadeth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiIN93jwBs

And Metallica, I apolagize for the long intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FgK_DZAcJU

Btw, the Megadeth video was a birthday present to a friend I play rune with, feel free to ignore all my intro messages. And the videos are a little blurry, I didn't exactly use the best video editing software. But I feel they are best viewed in the 480p screen size option. Enjoy!

DaneWolF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 DaneWolF
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Dane?? Rofl, I totally forgot about you when I made this gamespot account. I just used the first thing that popped into my head "Danewolf" no idea why I picked it. I'm Energizer from Rune btw, I play HoV now mostly under a fakenicks ect. I remember you showing me these videos a year or two back, Nice job on them btw.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I played it, but i don't have very fond memories of it, although I liked how you eat raw lizards to replenish your health.